How much unpasteurized sauerkraut can your body handle?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How much unpasteurized sauerkraut can your body handle?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Muskrat
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Over the last several years, I’ve tried dozens of different pro-biotic supplements. None of them helped my candida and most of them gave me side effects, such as anaphylaxis and diarrhea. I attribute this to my many food allergies and not to “healing reactions.”

I recently bought a jar of unpasteurized sauerkraut, and it — along with coconut oil and a strict diet — has give me glimpses of better health. It’s been a long time since I saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

I realize we’re all different, but I’d like to know exactly how much unpasteurized sauerkraut any of you take and how often.

P.S. I’d like to thank whoever is responsible for this website. The articles are informative and well-written. The website is easy to navigate and not undermined by links to expensive, cancer-causing snake-oil such as ThreeLac.

hellosummers
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Muskrat, that’s a good question. I’ve been eating sauerkraut like 3 times a week, but want to start eating it every day. Have you tried Kimchi and if you have what has your experience been with it? I feel like it gives me a bad reaction.

Muskrat
    Participant

Hello, Hello Summers. No, I haven’t tried Kimchi. It looks like it’d be fun to make, but from what I’ve read, it’s heavily seasoned. I’m allergic to garlic and reluctant to consume anything spicy. The unpasteurized sauerkraut I’ve bought has sea salt and that’s it.

Be well.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Probiotics are pretty safe, especially probiotic foods. If you’re taking too much, you’ll probably see symptoms like bloating, gas, or other digestive issues.

Try making your own sauerkraut at home, it’s really easy to do!

hellosummers
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Wiley, how much probiotics do you take daily? I’m trying to do 100 billion a day and definitely feeling the impact. But the body should adjust eventually right?

Muskrat
    Participant

After some internet searching, I found a couple things worth pasting here:

1. If you are not accustomed to eating raw sauerkraut, start with eating just 1 teaspoon a day. Otherwise you could have a reaction with upset digestion as a result of purification that is too quick for your system to adapt. Over a few weeks, you can increase gradually to larger amounts. However, even one teaspoon has therapeutic benefits.

2. Eat at least 1 tablespoon of unheated sauerkraut or kimchi with each meal.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Wiley, how much probiotics do you take daily? I’m trying to do 100 billion a day and definitely feeling the impact. But the body should adjust eventually right?

I take 2 of the Healthy Origins (30m CFU each), plus some probiotic yogurt and occasionally some other probiotic foods.

Yes, your body will adjust. But at first, you might experience some temporary digestive issues as the composition of your gut flora changes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How much unpasteurized sauerkraut can your body handle?’ is closed to new replies.