How Much Oatbran?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How Much Oatbran?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi,

I can’t remember if there’s a limit on the amount of Oatbran I can eat or can I have it every day? I ran out of buckwheat & coconut flour and couldn’t get to the stores… so made up a bread recipe using oatbran, kefir, eggs… threw in some garlic powder, chilli flakes, olive oil… and it’s absolutely delicious! Soft, springy, tasty, savoury… its a shame I didn’t write the recipe down so I can share it with you but I’ll try it again in a couple days and take notes!

BUT Can I eat it every morning with my eggs? Can I have a slice with my soup later? It would mean I could keep my buckwheat quota for dinner every 2nd night (buckwheat soba or boiled buckwheat as a filler) rather than being afraid of having too much and causing an inflammatory effect.

What are your thoughts?

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: I can’t remember if there’s a limit on the amount of Oatbran I can eat or can I have it every day?

Hi, Lucy.

I’m going to say, “not for you” because I know you’ll take that any info on food with a grain of salt and use it sensibly.

Of course (and I’m not saying anything you don’t already know, but this is for the information of others reading), eating too much of any one particular food is not a good idea and can be detrimental to one’s health.

If I had it on hand, I always used oat bran in my bread because it’s such a great prebiotic (unlike coconut). So if you want to replace half of the coconut flour with oat bran, this is a great idea.

“Abe”

Lucylu

Cool thanks Able

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Able,

Of course (and I’m not saying anything you don’t already know, but this is for the information of others reading), eating too much of any one particular food is not a good idea and can be detrimental to one’s health.

Are you suggesting that eating too much of any one food is detrimental to the persons health as far as the body functioning, or too much is detrimental to the fight against candida because they adapt to it. Ex. Oatbran for breakfast 4-5 days a week.

Are you saying that the body/candida do not adapt to the coconut flour? From a lot of the posts, I’m assuming that many people eat this at least once daily if not more.

If oatbran, wheatbran, etc. are prebiotics and feed the good bacteria wouldnt a good portion of prebiotic be beneficial to your health once you start probiotics, kefir, greek yogurt, etc. to help the flora get started in this hostile environment?

Thanks again,
    DT

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I feel that it is best to rotate some food items. For instance, it would suck if candida were to adapt to buckwheat or oat bran; I have chosen to rotate these food items throughout the week. Same with types of meat. Its up to you what to do, but I feel variety is good because you get a variety of nutrients/vitamins and it also makes candida less likely to adapt to your diet.

I eat oat bran and buckwheat 3-4 times a week instead of every day for instance. You could rotate the bread recipes as well, coconut buckwheat bread 1 week, coconut bread only the next week, then teff bread/buckwheat/coconut bread another week.

-raster

Lucylu

Yep, that’s what I do anyway – I have 2 or 3 different types on the go in individual slices in the freezer. I force myself to have the coconut bread every 2nd or 3rd day as it’s not my favourite but I know it’s the least “offensive”. I’m delighted to have found one that works so well without buckwheat though. I also use flax, millet… bought cassava flour & almond flour but haven’t braved either yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How Much Oatbran?’ is closed to new replies.