how much kefir for it to be effective?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how much kefir for it to be effective?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  weehen 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

train21
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 21

Questions in the title, how much kefir must I eat a day in order for it to work properly. I will try to make my own, but sometimes that is hard and would like to get store bought kefir, how much of this stuff must I consume for it to work?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

train21;31605 wrote: Questions in the title, how much kefir must I eat a day in order for it to work properly. I will try to make my own, but sometimes that is hard and would like to get store bought kefir, how much of this stuff must I consume for it to work?

I think it’s probably possible to overdo anything, even the good things. Use your common sense and the way you feel after drinking kefir to determine the final amount that you decide on for a day’s intake.

The most important thing to remember is to start slowly with only a few swallows just in case you react to it. By the end of a week you should be able to handle an entire glassful as long as it presents no negative reactions. You may experience a few digestive discomforts with kefir, especially in the beginning as your intestines adapt to the beneficial bacteria it will supply. In different situations, it can be a very powerful force in the intestines.

Able

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

I’m assuming you mean milk kefir?

I make my own water kefir and drink about 1 quart a day. It is the only thing that made my constipation completely vanish (aside from taking over 1000mg of magnesium daily). I was thinking just today how glad I am not to have to buy Pro-Activ or similar sugary yoghurts just to keep my digestion moving. I think the amount you can tolerate is very individual, and Able is right about starting slow to see how you react to it. In my case, I have very sluggish digestion, so it has worked wonders. I think for some people the amount I consume would probably cause diarrhea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘how much kefir for it to be effective?’ is closed to new replies.