How much buckwheat is allowed a day ? (plus other questions! )

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How much buckwheat is allowed a day ? (plus other questions! )

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jasminehks
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 30

ok i’ve started the Candida diet pretty seriously for about a week ago. and I’ve been practically reading all these discussion threads and writing down a lot of stuff.
    one thing that bothers me is that

-i read in a thread where it was said you should keep the buckwheat for about a month after u start the diet.
    is it true ?? if not i would like to know how much i’m allowed to eat per day.
    I’ve been cooking a bit and mixing it in my lettuce, avocado, shrimp salad with lemon and olive oil dressing.

-if buckwheat is allowed in the first weeks of stage one…does that go the same for buckwheat noodles as well ??

– how about those ground flax-seeds ?? are they allowed in the beginning weeks of stage 1 ??

– and the lemon juice, i am a lemon addict…is it okay to have it with every meal ??

– i’ve been extremely constipated since the day i started the diet…and it’s weird cuz i’ve always suffered from IBS-D. i haven’t started my supplements yet but the fact that i’m not getting too many die off symptoms besides Constipation, rashes, fatigue is worrying me cause i’ve suffered from similar stuff for a long time.
    my diet is veeeery limited…

i do eat chicken, eggs, fish, no red meat, zuchinni, lettuce, avocado, lime, lemon, olive oil, buckwheat, paprika

– do i get the hardcore die off after i start with the supplements ??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think there is anything to be concerned with buckwheat; it seems completely healthy to me and I have not had any problems eating it daily. I’d say in general, if something works for you on the diet than go for it; something that doesn’t work gives you allergic reactions, etc.

The flax seeds are completely OK too; I think they are the one type of seed that contains virtually no mold.

Lemons will help you detox and recover during the diet so eat as much as you want.

The constipation is very common and will be an ongoing thing during the treatment. I myself am dealing with this right now, and take a strong supplement to help me go to the bathroom (it’s called magnesium chloride). I have no idea whether you can get this in stores or not because it is prescribed to me by my naturopath and he makes it himself.

The grape bitters will help this as well as the molybdenum and digestive enzymes (if you decide to use these) for constipation.

These die-off symptoms are normal and will go away between 2-4 weeks. If you can do a sauna, hot bath, steam room, etc (some form of sweating) this can help relieve you of them as well (mentioned in other posts). Try the molybdenum.

-Raster

jasminehks

raster wrote:

The constipation is very common and will be an ongoing thing during the treatment. I myself am dealing with this right now, and take a strong supplement to help me go to the bathroom (it’s called magnesium chloride). I have no idea whether you can get this in stores or not because it is prescribed to me by my naturopath and he makes it himself.

The grape bitters will help this as well as the molybdenum and digestive enzymes (if you decide to use these) for constipation.

These die-off symptoms are normal and will go away between 2-4 weeks. If you can do a sauna, hot bath, steam room, etc (some form of sweating) this can help relieve you of them as well (mentioned in other posts). Try the molybdenum.

-Raster

yeah the thing is that in the beginning i didn’t know the constipation would last since it never does. and usually my fiber supplements work within few hours…
    i’ve been virtually eating the full does and it’s still not working !!!

now i’m afraid of how serious it’s becoming…do u think it would be a good idea to take laxative pills for now at least?? it’s been a week and nothing seems to be any different. needless to say i’m freaking out !!!

– i just want to regulate the movements instead of having to take laxatives all the time…having to deal with diarrhea all that time was bad enough :S

would u say Magnesium chloride does that for u??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Magnesium chloride has worked for me very well for constipation, but I have no idea if you can get it. It may also have side effects or other problems I don’t know about. There are other chlorides such as HCL (hydrogen chloride) that may have the same effect.

I would try digestive or sweet bitters to see whether this will provide immediate or long term relief for constipation also.

Also, another idea, even though it isn’t allowed, is to have a small amount of coffee. This can provide immediate relief; it will only set you back 1-2 days at the most at the beginning of your treatment. Its benefits of providing digestive relief may outweigh other consequences such as mold/caffeine. Just a thought.

The flax seeds may be the only iffy thing in your diet; I haven’t eaten them too much but if they work for you without consequences, than go for it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jasminehks wrote: yeah the thing is that in the beginning i didn’t know the constipation would last since it never does. and usually my fiber supplements work within few hours… i’ve been virtually eating the full does and it’s still not working !

Jasmine, please read the following post if you’ve not already done so.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1098_Constipation-Remedies.aspx

Able

jasminehks

Able900 wrote:

yeah the thing is that in the beginning i didn’t know the constipation would last since it never does. and usually my fiber supplements work within few hours… i’ve been virtually eating the full does and it’s still not working !

Jasmine, please read the following post if you’ve not already done so.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1098_Constipation-Remedies.aspx

Able

thank you Able and yes i have already read it. what i was wondering if Magnesium would give me the sudden urge to run to the bathroom (diarrhea) or will it make everything more normal and regulate BMs??

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi
    my mother had all her life problems with that and had to take laxative. Then she discovered that pure vitamin C pulver is doing the same job. She takes a teaspoon in a glass off water and has not problems more to go to toilet. She ask her doctor and the medic said its ok to use it, much better than the laxatives.
    As C vitamin is ok in the diet I thought it could work for you. But check with Able first.
    cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How much buckwheat is allowed a day ? (plus other questions! )’ is closed to new replies.