How many capsules per day of probiotics?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How many capsules per day of probiotics?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheXtremisT 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

matt36
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 8

I’m using currently 20 billion capsules x 2 per day. I know you can have up to 100 billion in a capsule, but my question is around how many per day. I.E 2 with breakfast, lunch, dinner or just with dinner?

Or is it down simply to each individual?

Thanks

Matt

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its up to what you can afford basically…there is no maximum. Ideally you should aim for 30-120 billion cfu per day.

-raster

matt36
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 8

If die off is limited or even not at all. How would I know, other than trying re-introduction if the treatment had worked? I know you say i should be prepared for 6-18 month journey to solve this, which is fine. The site says die off should last no longer than a week or so. Is that your experience? if not what should i expect?

Thanks

Matt

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

matt36;60348 wrote: If die off is limited or even not at all. How would I know, other than trying re-introduction if the treatment had worked? I know you say i should be prepared for 6-18 month journey to solve this, which is fine. The site says die off should last no longer than a week or so. Is that your experience? if not what should i expect?

Thanks

Matt

It varies person to person. Some people have die-off for months or longer and some people have it for a few days or a few weeks. It depends on your liver health.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Personally, I found no benefit using probiotics so I stopped using them. My candida infestation is perfectly under control.

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

I have gut dysbiosis so I definitely need them. I am taking Healthy Origins Probiotics, 30 Billion units per cap, 8 strains I think. I was unsure whether they were actually doing anything, so I stopped them June-September.

Within a month I was going about 5 times per week instead of 1 bm per day, occasionally getting minor cramps, but more frequently discomfort. I get a bubbly feeling in my gut after eating, and more annoyingly gas. Varying amounts, but mostly worse as the day went on and July and August were bad. Somedays were better for some reason.

I started them again, and slowly many of those symptoms improved, then went away. Occasional bad days of gas, but no other symptoms like above. More frequent bm’s too.

Lately I need to order more and have been without these, and lo-and-behold I get some of the same symptoms again. I know it’ll get worse the longer I am without. But manageble at the moment. I am suffering from itchy rashes on my neck whre my stubble irritates. Inflammation of the hair folicles. Slightly better when on the probiotics, but never had this symptom in my life until recently. Sensitive skin maybe?

When I started the diet in June 2013, I had all of these gut symptoms but worse EVERY DAY. I didn’t know why, just thought it was die off. I was using antifungals until October when I started these probiotics, and within a month, many of these symptoms just vanished. Still got some gas here and there, but I was so much better.

So no doubts, probiotics help me. I’m so happy that they offer relief, and I am excited to try out sauerkraut and Prescript-Assist probiotics using soil-based bacteria. I heard it does wonders for many and can help with candida.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How many capsules per day of probiotics?’ is closed to new replies.