How many billion probiotics should I be taking?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How many billion probiotics should I be taking?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

My doc, wanted be to just take 30 billion. Ive been taking 90 billion instead. Ive been advised that 90 billion isn’t enough. Im 3 months on the diet. How many billion should I be taking?

Also, has anyone ordered their probiotics online and do the probiotics survive in transit without refrigeration?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i recently had to take antibiotics for a open wound fracture so am taking 140, but will back down after this week.

i’m over a year on the diet, and feel much much better. Thanks to advice from Able, Raster & Jorge (& others on here).

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

RYANCREST;43909 wrote: How many billion probiotics a day are you taking? My doc, wanted be to just take 30 billion. Ive been taking 90 billion instead.

A doctor will never tell you to take enough probiotics to make a difference in the Candida population.

Try to imagine this ratio; 1,000,000 cells, that’s a million cells of beneficial bacteria to 1 single cell of Candida albicans. That’s where you need to be for the bacteria to overcome the Candida in order to stop the infestation from multiplying and therefore stopping the process of destroying your immune system. This should help you to understand why it’s so important to reestablish the flora in the intestines and rebuild the immune system so that you can eventually heal your infestation, and that will take a higher number than 90 billion.

By the way, concerning your other post inquiring about adding new foods; if this is all the probiotics you’ve been taking, in my opinion you’re not even close to being able to add foods that the Candida can survive on such as pears (fructose). The number one reason that the infestation returns is people adding the wrong foods and adding them much too early.

Able

RYANCREST
    Participant

Able900;43927 wrote:

How many billion probiotics a day are you taking? My doc, wanted be to just take 30 billion. Ive been taking 90 billion instead.

A doctor will never tell you to take enough probiotics to make a difference in the Candida population.

Try to imagine this ratio; 1,000,000 cells, that’s a million cells of beneficial bacteria to 1 single cell of Candida albicans. That’s where you need to be for the bacteria to overcome the Candida in order to stop the infestation from multiplying and therefore stopping the process of destroying your immune system. This should help you to understand why it’s so important to reestablish the flora in the intestines and rebuild the immune system so that you can eventually heal your infestation, and that will take a higher number than 90 billion.

By the way, concerning your other post inquiring about adding new foods; if this is all the probiotics you’ve been taking, in my opinion you’re not even close to being able to add foods that the Candida can survive on such as pears (fructose). The number one reason that the infestation returns is people adding the wrong foods and adding them much too early.

Able

OK…Thank you .I appreciate that…90 billion/day isn’t enough…so you’re saying the number of probiotics I should be taking is???

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i am taking 120 billion with 4 cups milk kefir a day .should i raise this amount ?

RYANCREST
    Participant

hope4eva77;43941 wrote: i am taking 120 billion with 4 cups milk kefir a day .should i raise this amount ?

So glad Im not the only one wondering

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would aim for 100-300 billion per day. However certain probiotics mentioned on the protocol such as HMF neuro and megaflora are more difficult/costly to eat in high amounts because they contain 13 and 20 billion cfu probiotic per capsule. Megaflora does make a 50 billion capsule but it only contains 30 capsules…so if you took 3 of these per day, you would have to spend $150 per month on probiotics. This is expensive!

The kefir is the easiest/cheapest way to increase the amounts of probiotic you eat and likely contain high amounts per teaspoon if made properly. I personally am going to get some unpasteurized goat milk soon to make some kefir, I just need the grains first.

-raster

RYANCREST
    Participant

raster;43945 wrote: I would aim for 100-300 billion per day. However certain probiotics mentioned on the protocol such as HMF neuro and megaflora are more difficult/costly to eat in high amounts because they contain 13 and 20 billion cfu probiotic per capsule. Megaflora does make a 50 billion capsule but it only contains 30 capsules…so if you took 3 of these per day, you would have to spend $150 per month on probiotics. This is expensive!

The kefir is the easiest/cheapest way to increase the amounts of probiotic you eat and likely contain high amounts per teaspoon if made properly. I personally am going to get some unpasteurized goat milk soon to make some kefir, I just need the grains first.

-raster

Thanks Raster. Grateful for this very sound advice. Would you recommend I take about 3 capsules per day and supplement the rest with Kefir? or do you recommend I just use Kefir? you are so right about the expense. ive been spending a fortune on probiotic capsules. I have Kefir on the way should be here any day. So I can start making water kefir which hopefully will help

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would rotate probiotics and stick with the kefir. When I say rotate probiotics…do HMF neuro for a month or two, then go to megaflora, then back to HMF neuro, and then try some other ones such as garden of life, renew life, etc.

I typically take 2-3 capsules per day; its up to you on how much to spend.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;43945 wrote: Megaflora does make a 50 billion capsule but it only contains 30 capsules…

Actually MegaFlora markets their 50 billion CFU’s in bottles containing 60 capsules.
    MegaFlora 50 Billion – 60 Capsules

RYANCREST;43936 wrote: so you’re saying the number of probiotics I should be taking is???

I was taking 300 billion before I started seeing a really big difference in the infestation. But you don’t want to suddenly go to 300 billion a day; you need to work up to that amount over a month or longer, in other words, very slowly.

Able

RYANCREST
    Participant

raster;43957 wrote: I would rotate probiotics and stick with the kefir. When I say rotate probiotics…do HMF neuro for a month or two, then go to megaflora, then back to HMF neuro, and then try some other ones such as garden of life, renew life, etc.

I typically take 2-3 capsules per day; its up to you on how much to spend.

-raster

Thanks Raster! you are the man!!!

RYANCREST
    Participant

Just wanted to say a thanks to Raster. I have upped my probiotic dosage and have made my first couple of successful batches of water kefir. AMAZING!!

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

I assume this means you can have more than 2 cups of kefir per day (as mentioned on the protocol) after a few weeks of testing it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How many billion probiotics should I be taking?’ is closed to new replies.