How long until I improve?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long until I improve?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Matttyb
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi everyone,

I’ve been suffering with Candida for at least a few years now. I was first diagnosed with it in hospital as I became very ill for a short period of time. Since then it’s never gone away and got worse (without putting me back into hospital). I’ve been unemployed from work for well over a year now and constantly suffer with chronic debilitating fatigue and depression and quite frankly I am at my wits end. I tried 3 different types of anti-deps but surprise surprise they didn’t make much of a difference at all.

I started on Lisa Richard’s anti-candida book and have been on the diet now for about 6 weeks. I am however not showing signs of significant improvement. Also I am still on the early stages of the diet. I’ve had no fruit and just stick to Eggs, steamed greens, meat and chicken. Just now I’ve started to incorporate prawns and fish because the doctor discovered my cholestorol was slightly elevated (probably from eating too much red meat).

How long is this going to take before I start getting some energy back? I understand everyone is different but surely shouldn’t I be feeling a lot better after cutting EVERYTHING out for 6 damn weeks? I just want to feel better on a more consistent basis.

I’ve also noticed I’ve started getting a bit of a gagging feeling when eating certain steamed greens now. I’m not sure if this is because my body is sick and tired of eating the same thing over and over, or if it’s because I’m over steaming it and the texture is off-putting to me now I just don’t know. I feel I need to stay on this diet for a long time however because if I’m not feeling a lot better after 6 weeks then I must be really severe? I have thrush on the tongue all the time which doesn’t go away. Usually it is a yellowish colour.

Please help.

I’ve been taking coconut oil, NOW foods anti-fungals, A good probiotic bought from the candida store, organic apple cider vinegar (braggs), candidate, along with herbal cinnamon tea to help with detox, and a glass of fresh lemon juice first thing in the morning. I’ve also had to add a multivitamin and calcium/magnesium supplement due to starting to get leg cramps. I’ve also started juicing to help boost nutrient in-take. I’m aiming for probably 2 big juices for lunch and 1 main meal with either meat or eggs for dinner. I only eat twice a day now it’s been like that for awhile now, my appetite won’t allow 3 meals any more but who says you HAVE to eat 3x a day any way? our ancestors surely didn’t.

Sorry for the long wall of text. I just want to get back to work and get on with my life and get over this stupid god damn candida crap!!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I tell most forum members to plan on a 6-18 month recovery time to get over candida overgrowth. I would not consume shrimp regularly because it contains high levels of mercury. I would not consume red meat because it is difficult to digest; red meat can take 2+ days to digest whereas chicken and fish take hours to digest.

Ideally you should aim for a high count high strain probiotic and ideally one that contains human micro flora.

If you are a male you should be wary of supplementing with calcium. Just google calcium men and see all of the potential problems out there.

There is a chance you have underlying problems such as other flora that have overgrown. Examples include SIBO, strept, parasites, h.pylori, etc. You could also have specific organs that are not functioning optimally including your liver, thyroid, adrenals, etc. This is why I recommend consulting a naturopath who has experience treating this illness.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘How long until I improve?’ is closed to new replies.