How long to go?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice How long to go?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Makingchanges 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

kiwiguy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi all, I’ve had Candida problems for a solid year now, got onto the diet around 3 months ago and have seen some marked improvement. Mine only really affects my stomach, I don’t get any exterior infections, rashes etc.

I’ve come off all the bad foods, last one I was having trouble with was sunflower seeds. Now that I’ve come off that I was feeling good. Except the other day I started having a lot of onions and now I’m feeling nausea and have got some bloating, bit of brain fog.

I’m not taking any anti-fungals at the moment, but a month ago I was taking coconut oil, caprilic acid, and grapefruit seed oil. I had to come off them because I was feeling sick. I was alternating the caprilic acid and grapefruit seed oil for 2 weeks for around two months while taking the 2 tbs of coconut oil/day full time.

My questions are,

1. On average how long do you take the anti-fungals for?
    2. Can you get rid of Candida with diet only? No anti-fungals (Maybe just allowing onion and garlic in normal meals)
    3. Should I start up my dosage of anti-fungals again and up it a little?

As you can see I’m confused, thanks for any help

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

You can’t get rid of candida by diet alone. You need antifungals, start the dosages slow and maybe one at a time. I had terrible die off twice. I’m still upping them and feel fatigued and crap. And probiotics are your best frieds

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Medication and diet are evenly important to get rid off candida.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

To answer your questions:

1) You need to be on antifungals for you whole treatment if possible. You need to kill it off while you get better.

2) The diet shouldn’t reverse having a chronic candida infection alone unless you ate rutabega and brussel sprouts multiple times per day. It can be done, but this will still make you feel bad.

You are experiencing die-off symptoms and here is some info about it:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9759_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx#post9759

3) I would slowly introduce it if possible. I would start out at 1-3 drops per day and work your way up to maybe 20 drops per day of the antifungal. I personally added one extra drop per day until I could tolerate it, and then I added more as I progressed…

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Actually, you can get by without supplements of antifungals if you eat at least a couple of whole food antifungals every day. They are: garlic gloves, onions, rutabaga, Brussels sprouts, jalapeno peppers, and coconut oil (you should have coconut oil every single day of the treatment).

The three things you cannot get by without on a Candida treatment are: a good Candida diet, probiotics and kefir.

You should slack off or stop an antifungal anytime the die-off symptoms become too severe for you to go about your daily activities.

Able

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Able900;35317 wrote:
    Actually, you can get by without supplements of antifungals if you eat at least a couple of whole food antifungals every day. They are: garlic gloves, onions, rutabaga, Brussels sprouts, jalapeno peppers, and coconut oil (you should have coconut oil every single day of the treatment).

The three things you cannot get by without on a Candida treatment are: a good Candida diet, probiotics and kefir.

You should slack off or stop an antifungal anytime the die-off symptoms become too severe for you to go about your daily activities.

Able

What if you dislike kefir/homemade kefir? Are you saying its not possible to treat and rid yourself of a Candida overgrowth without it?

Able900
    Spectator

serenedream;35337 wrote: What if you dislike kefir/homemade kefir? Are you saying its not possible to treat and rid yourself of a Candida overgrowth without it?

If you don’t like the taste of kefir, the only thing I know to do is to either learn to like it or learn to put up with the taste. I have no proof that it’s impossible to cure a Candida overgrowth without it, but from what I’ve experienced myself and what I’ve seen others go through on the forum, I would say it’s highly impossible. And even if you could do this, the overall time spent on the treatment would be multiplied many times meaning you would have to remain on the strict diet, antifungals, and probiotics constantly for a very long and extended length of time.

Kefir is different from the probiotics, it contains strains of beneficial bacteria which you do not obtain from probiotic capsules.

Able

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Able- should we take probiotics and kefir an hour apart?

Able900
    Spectator

fixme;35407 wrote: Able- should we take probiotics and kefir an hour apart?

There’s no real protocol set for this, but I just never liked taking anything else too close to my probiotics.

Able

mamamary
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi there,
    I am new to this Candida forum. I have been taking Candex and Life’s Foundation master detox and 30 billion Ultimate Flora for 7 weeks. I feel so much better, but don’t think this is gone. I also got a script fluconazole in between doses of above holistic meds. My question is how do you know when candida is gone? My tongue is still white, so does that mean I still have candida? Seems as tho everyone is stating it takes months to rid yourself of this. I’m in a hurry to get rid of Candida so I can proceed with other health issues. (I know …..don’t laugh, but need advice)
    Thanks for any and all suggestions!!

mamamary
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Oh yeah and what is Kefir???

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey Mamamary, you might want to post under your own header under general discussion or candida advice. I think if you attach your questions to an existing thread, they might not get answered.

Also, I think you may find that some of your other health problems may go away if you cure your candida.

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

Hi Kiwiguy, I used to have trouble with brown onions making me feel queezy so I changed to the purple spanish onions and they are fine for me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How long to go?’ is closed to new replies.