How long have people been on the diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long have people been on the diet?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I just realized that I have passed the three month mark on this diet. Time certainly does fly!

I feel fine most of the time. The only thing to note is that I get quite bloated, which may be beacause of all the kefir I drink (usually 1 litre a day).

I have recently started adding new foods to my diet: buckwheat flour, coconut flour, butter and apple. I haven’t noticed any reactions.

I had one slip up 1-2 months ago, whenI inadvertently ate something bad; all my symptoms came back within 1 hour, and they did not clear up for a few days after that.

I am interested to know, how long have others been on this diet?

I read that 6 months to 2 years is a conservative time frame. If 6 months is the case, then I am half way there!

Thanks!

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hey Clare

I’ve been on it for almost 6 months. I’m feeling really good but you can’t have a timeline it will just lead to disappointment, you just never know what’s gonna happen.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I have recently started adding new foods to my diet: buckwheat flour, coconut flour, butter and apple.

Hello, Clare.

If you’re speaking of dairy butter, I’m afraid you may be asking for trouble down the road. If it’s ghee you’re using instead, then this is fine, but three months is far too soon for dairy butter.

Able

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I’m just into my 6 month too.

I still get the odd day of brain fog/fatigue, &/or slight dizziness. My skin flare ups have calmed right down though.

I sometimes get toxic smelling gas if I eat too much protein or too much fibre (especially milled flax).

But in general I feel a lot better & a lot stronger.

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

Ugh organic butter is on the approved foods list off the site. I haven’t eaten a lot of it, but I put it my brown rice. I didn’t notice any reaction though.

Able900 wrote:

I have recently started adding new foods to my diet: buckwheat flour, coconut flour, butter and apple.

Hello, Clare.

If you’re speaking of dairy butter, I’m afraid you may be asking for trouble down the road. If it’s ghee you’re using instead, then this is fine, but three months is far too soon for dairy butter.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello candida defined,

we have a different forum food list that doesn’t allow brown rice or butter…so if you want to get better faster, check out our food list.

I’ve been on the diet for 1 year and am basically symptom free. I just cheated majorly at a wedding and had no reactions or bad symptoms whatsoever. I had leaky gut very bad.

-raster

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I thought Able’s list had butter on it as a “food to add later on”? I probably misread something.

It looks like I’ll have to use ghee instead in my muffins.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’ve been on the diet just over seven months now. I feel that I’ve been making fairly good progress so far, although I still get a little fatigued from time to time. I tried adding blueberries, green apples and garbanzo beans/chickpeas to my diet but I had a slightly itchy rash and dry, sore lips develop so have decided it’s probably too soon and best to wait a while longer.

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

CandidaDefined wrote: Ugh organic butter is on the approved foods list off the site. I haven’t eaten a lot of it, but I put it my brown rice. I didn’t notice any reaction though.

Hello, Clare.

Able

Why would the official candida diet website prescribe foods like brown rice and butter, if they would be detrimental to healing? I’m so confused; every doctor contradicts the next, everyone tells me different things. It’s difficult to feel confident in anyone’s info anymore.

CandidaDefined

I totally agree. Honestly, I think the best thing is to find the strictest diet you can handle and stay with it. Doctors have looked and talked to me as if I’m making this up.

I’m going to try the really strict diet and see if I can do it. I just love food so much. I hate giving up all my favorites, not to mention giving up drinking.

dforbreakfast wrote:

Why would the official candida diet website prescribe foods like brown rice and butter, if they would be detrimental to healing? I’m so confused; every doctor contradicts the next, everyone tells me different things. It’s difficult to feel confident in anyone’s info anymore.

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

Yeah, for me the hardest part of this diet has been a surprising cramp on my social life. No drinking, no caffeine, no processed foods, barely any food anyone else has made… The symptoms from the die-off making me unfit for companionship. It’s hard. Personally I just try to think of it long-term — would I rather continue suffering through migraines, food allergies and intestinal problems forever, or modify my lifestyle for a year or so, and be relatively free (if somewhat careful) after that? It’s just so easy to feel isolated and alone with a restrictive, sudden lifestyle change like this. :/

CandidaDefined

Exactly!

dforbreakfast wrote: Yeah, for me the hardest part of this diet has been a surprising cramp on my social life. No drinking, no caffeine, no processed foods, barely any food anyone else has made… The symptoms from the die-off making me unfit for companionship. It’s hard. Personally I just try to think of it long-term — would I rather continue suffering through migraines, food allergies and intestinal problems forever, or modify my lifestyle for a year or so, and be relatively free (if somewhat careful) after that? It’s just so easy to feel isolated and alone with a restrictive, sudden lifestyle change like this. :/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello dforbreakfast,

We came up with the strict foods list from trial and error experience by multiple forum users including able and myself. He created the foods list and this should be looked at as the core foods for your treatment. In time, you can eventually tolerate things such a rice, fruit, etc. but at the beginning, its all about feeding candida as little as possible. Also, typically when you kill candida, you develop leaky gut and this is a great way to measure allergies and whether food items are good or a benefit to you and healing. I had horrible leaky gut and would hyperventilate for hours after eating rice or butter…I learned via leaky gut that these foods are harmful.

If you don’t believe me, check out the nutritional properties of brown rice which is inflammatory:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How long have people been on the diet?’ is closed to new replies.