How long does die off last? Miserable here.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long does die off last? Miserable here.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jennifer1616
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 10

Can die off happen within 36 hrs of starting detox ? I’m terribly sick….I didn’t know it could happen that fast. How long does die off go on for? I really want to stick through this but I’m so miserable.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It can happen in any period of time, it varies person to person. The length it lasts varies person to person as well, it all is related to your liver health and how well it can detox the toxins.

Some people have perpetual die-off that last for months because they eat things that you shouldn’t have on the diet, or because they have a different flora that has overgrown, thyroid problems, etc.

What is your detox plan?

-raster

Jennifer1616

Hi raster, thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry I am just now replying back. My detox plan was 2 days of the cleanse (which I completed), and now sticking strictly to the stage 2 diet. After 24 hrs of being on the cleanse I had MAJOR die off symptoms. I woke up vomiting, shaking, arms tingling, and chills (no fever). I don’t think I’ve ever been that sick in my entire life. But, afterward, I was glad because it confirmed that candida IS the culprit. Die-off was on Wednesday of this week. It is Sunday and I am just starting to feel somewhat normal again (have stuck with the stage 2 diet VERY strictly and intend to continue). The vomiting/very sick stage only lasted a day, however, extreme weakness lasted for days. My main symptom, terrible numbing brain fog, is mostly gone – although today I got scared it was coming back. I notice if I don’t keep up with drinking water, the feeling comes back a bit. But so far, I think I’ve had very good success. I think I only had an infestation for a month, so I’m hoping I continue to feel good. I am having anxiety and keep over analyzing how I feel. I am 31 with 2 small children and really need to feel better to take care of them. My questions are:
    1. Since I got such quick results so far, do you think I should introduce kefir and/or probiotics sooner than the protocol?
    2. I am unsure why drinking large quantities of water has such an immediate positive effect on the brain fog.
    3. The NAV with molybdenum supplement I bought only has about 100 mcg of molybdenum per recommended dose, is this enough? I am only about 93 lbs. I would take more pills, but I’m worried I’ll then be injesting too much of the NAV amino acid component?
    4. Is an anti fungal absolutely necessary, even if you’re feeling good by week 3?
    5. If I stick to the diet strictly, do I have a good chance of continuing to feel pretty good? I am scared I will take a downturn even while adhering to the diet and then i won’t know what to do.
    Thank you so much for your time and expertise I REALLY appreciate it. I feel very lost and alone in all this.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Jennifer1616

Also, I just read this about spores and now I’m freaked! Is this true?

“Candida is a fungus. When a fungus is threatened, it sends up spores, so that the species will survive after the “attack” (like an anti-candida diet). Once the “threat” is over (you’ve stopped the diet), then the spores (which are all over the body now) can grow again and once the overgrowth is there, symptoms will begin again, often with NEW symptoms because the spores have lodged elsewhere in the body. This is why people are often on candida diets for years and years- the spores keep the overgrowth coming back and it’s a vicious cycle. Once I realized this, it was a no-brainer on WHY these various things I’d tried didn’t work long-term.”

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Jennifer1616;51016 wrote: Also, I just read this about spores and now I’m freaked! Is this true?

“Candida is a fungus. When a fungus is threatened, it sends up spores, so that the species will survive after the “attack” (like an anti-candida diet). Once the “threat” is over (you’ve stopped the diet), then the spores (which are all over the body now) can grow again and once the overgrowth is there, symptoms will begin again, often with NEW symptoms because the spores have lodged elsewhere in the body. This is why people are often on candida diets for years and years- the spores keep the overgrowth coming back and it’s a vicious cycle. Once I realized this, it was a no-brainer on WHY these various things I’d tried didn’t work long-term.”

You should stop believing everything you read on the internet. I found where you got the quote. She is just trying to create fear in order to promote her own protocol/web site. C. Albicans is easily killed in the bloodstream, unless you have a seriously impaired immune system (have AIDS or are on chemo, for example).

If you want to learn about this illness, spend $7 on amazon and buy The Yeast Syndrome by Dr. Trowbridge, or spend $13 and buy The Missing Diagnosis by Dr. Truss. They spent decades treating people for candidiasis.

Cheers,
    CS

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Most likely the infestation builds up slowly over time. I noticed mine overnight but in reality it was building up for years. I would take molydenum chelate 100 mg two to three times a day to minimize die off. Are you taking antifungals? You should start slow on the probiotics especially because of the extreme die off you had. The more water you drink the more you body releases toxins that’s why your brain fog is starting slowly. I would start off with a raw garlic or garlicanese pills. Good anti parasite, anti bacteria, and anti fungal. Yes it is necessary. It’s safe to start out with that or even some coconut oil and see if you have even more die off. I take antifungals still and I ve been sick
    For more than a year, however I’m about 85 % and feel like I can eat anything with no reaction but don’t wanna
    Push the envelope

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How long does die off last? Miserable here.’ is closed to new replies.