How Long Before Die Off Eases Up? I stopped probiotics a week ago PLEASE HELP

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How Long Before Die Off Eases Up? I stopped probiotics a week ago PLEASE HELP

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  VIV 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Liz
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

I am not sure how active this forum is as this is my third post and no one has read or replied to the other two. Not complaining just wondering if I should be asking on another forum.

When you hit a healing crisis that renders you in bed and you feel too sick to continue, how long before you should feel better? I realise its different for everyone but I would appreciate some experiences from people who did the same thing.

After stopping sugars for 6 weeks (no issues actually felt better) I took Syntol AMD as well as a probiotic booster called FloraPhage that increases the effectiveness ny probiotic taken with it by X 50 (according to the clinical trials)
    So in a sense I have been taking a lot of probiotics I may as well have taken a handful a day.

Two weeks took the tablets every other day = some die off which waxed and waned but I could cope. SHOULD HAVE STAYED AT THAT DOSE ! I realise that now. Hindsight is a bitch.
    Increase to taking the same dose every single day.
    Two weeks later had to stop as I was drowsy, spaced out, anxiety, depression, headaches, tinnitus, body aches, sleeping heavily and for long times….

That was just over a week ago since I stopped taking them. I am not eating any sugars or fruit. The diet is the same as before I started taking the probiotics.

I felt better for a day then crashed again which was very discouraging.

PLEASE – can someone relate?? Can anyone tell me they have been where I am and it slowly gets better? I am scared I have put myself in a health situation

Liz - UK

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Firstly, are you sure you don’t have the flu? It is going round at this time of year.

It’s certainly possible that it’s die-off though. You probably went too hard, too fast and made too many changes at once. That’s why the plan calls for a phased approach.

Try adding back some low sugar fruits and a few of the healthier things from your old diet. Reduce your dosage of probiotics or whatever you’re taking, and give it some time. When you decide to start the plan again, take it slowly 🙂

Liz
    Participant

Hi Wiley

Thank you for replying. It is possible I have flu my partner had it 2 weeks ago and I thought I had it too but I was already taking the probiotics so was not sure what I was feeling was die off or a virus and this sadly lead me to assuming it wasn’t die off and increasing my dose. But I have never had flu that also gave me psychological issues that I have had am still having on and off so I am assuming this is intense die off

I am finding myself spending my days searching forum threads obsessively looking for similar stories to mine just to put my mind at rest that I haven’t caused permanent mental damage. I am so scared because of these new to me symptoms of waves of depression, anxiety, derealisation or “brain fog” drugged up drowsy and sensitivity to light etc.

The physical stuff I expected and accepted but these other symptoms have taken me by surprise, I wasn’t expecting them and therefore not prepared either

I have only done one cleanse and subsequent die off before and that was some years ago.
    I did it using the same probiotic (Syntol AMD) which has 8 strains of bacteria. I went slow ny starting with 1 pill on alternate days then increasing to a daily dose.
    I experienced physical die off with 10 to 14 days sick in bed and it passed and then I increased to two tablets a day and I felt GREAT.
    I made the mistake of stopping the probiotics then eating lots of sugars again and ended up back to square one with a terrible immune system and always appearing to be fighting flu/colds/sinusitis.

I am sick 70% of the time with flu like illnesses and I have come to realise these are probably candida flare ups rather than a “virus”

This time I took the same probiotic but I also took Floraphage which is a new drug defined as a probiotic multiplier and increases the effects and strains of probiotic x 50.

Stupid in hindsight, I may have well just started taking 10 probiotics tablets a day!

Everything was manageable for 2 weeks as I took both pills on alternate days, then I stupidly increase the dose taking both pills every day. Two weeks later i crashed with what started as intense spaced out drowsy drugged up feelings and headaches, like being on LSD a little… and since then I am all over the place with various symptoms coming and going waxing and waning. Two steps forward one back.

It’s the psychological symptoms that have got me in a state with worry. I know logically its the toxins in my blood affecting my brain chemistry but I am 49 and female and hormones are also playing with me.

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t eaten sugars since I feel I would be adding petrol to the fire. I hoped to hear from other people who had experienced what I have and made it through the other side or people who knew of people who had done what I have done and came out the other side intact just so I can get on with it knowing it WILL pass…if that makes sense.

Its not linear is it? The waves of symptoms are all over the place.

I am taking milk thistle and chelated molybdenum too increased the water intake.

Wish I could go back in time and not be so “determined”

Liz - UK

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

This time I took the same probiotic but I also took Floraphage which is a new drug defined as a probiotic multiplier and increases the effects and strains of probiotic x 50.

I just looked up that product and there doesn’t seem to be any research associated with it. It just sounds like a standard prebiotic to me. I think you’ve been placing too much trust in the manufacturer claims 🙂

Taking molybdenum and milk thistle will help you get over die-off or the flu, whichever it is. NAC would help too.

Liz
    Participant

Phage which is what FloraPhage is, is actually very well researched and documented.

Before antibiotics were discovered, there was considerable research on bacteriophages as a treatment for human bacterial diseases. Bacteriophages attack only their host bacteria, not human cells, so they are potentially good candidates to treat bacterial diseases in humans.
    After antibiotics were discovered, the phage approach was largely abandoned in many parts of the world (particularly English-speaking countries). However, phages continued to be used for medical purposes in a number of countries, including Russia, Georgia, and Poland, where they remain in use today^{12,13}
    12,13 There is increasing interest in bringing back the “phage approach” elsewhere, as antibiotic-resistant bacteria become more and more of a problem. Research is still needed to see how safe and effective phages are, but who knows? One day, your doctor might write you a prescription for phages instead of penicillin!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteriophage
    http://phage-therapy.org/writings/bacteriophages.html
    https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/biology-of-viruses/virus-biology/a/bacteriophages
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21799534

I could add so many more…. but Google “Phage”

And this is the particular study related to the very reputable company who make Syntol AMD (Probiotic on the list of “Good Probiotics on this website) and FloraPhage

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3696810/

https://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/support-files/floraphagelabreport.pdf

Liz - UK

VIV
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 30

HOW are you doing now LIZ? I am having a terrible time with die off symptoms too…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How Long Before Die Off Eases Up? I stopped probiotics a week ago PLEASE HELP’ is closed to new replies.