How long after cheating do symptoms return?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How long after cheating do symptoms return?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fje 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fje
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

I have been on the diet since Dec 1. I have not gotten the strict diet from the forum, but I believe I am eating according to it anyways. (I eat as the website recommends with no nuts, no grains (I don’t do oatbran and buckwheat as these caused me to be itchy due to gluten contamination, and I just didn’t really like them), no squash (except zucchini) and so on. Very low sugar, lots of antifungal foods. Basically following all the advice here). My main symptom was horrible gas, brain-fog, sugar addiction/craving, mild depression, hard stools, and occasional itching (with no rash). I got vaginal yeast infections 1-2 times a year, and sinus infections once every year or two(I have horrible allergies). I had no rashes and no other fungal concerns. All of my symptoms have been gone for about 4-6 weeks now, with the exception of a sinus infection (more below).

I have “strayed” from the diet 3 times.

– I went on a trip Jan 25-27 and ate as close to the diet as I could, however I drank some (ok, lots) of wine and some potatoes and melon and some salad dressing. I noticed no bad side effects, though it is hard to tell as I was sick before, during, and after the trip (see point below).

– Prior to going on the trip I had been feeling sick (head cold) for a week and a half, though I had nasal congestion since falling sick over Christmas. It was horrible the few days before I left; I had bad sinus pain with green and yellow discharge which got worse after the trip. After much pleading from my mother, I decided to go to the doctor and got antibiotics (a short 5 day course) for a sinus infection. I took these from Feb 5-9. I immediately felt 100% better after this. I upped my probiotics (Ultimate Flora) during this time frame from 100 billion to 200-250 billion to help negate the effects of the probiotics. I felt fantastic, best I have felt since going on the diet.

– I went on a trip to Las Vegas Feb 22-26. Since I was feeling much much better, I used this as a test to see how I would do off the diet. I ate things such as hash browns, fruit (berries, melons, apples, grapefruit, etc), all veggies imaginable (yellow and red pepper, tomatoes, carrots, etc). I did not have any form of gluten OR non-natural sugar during this trip (no dessert – just fruit!). I couldn’t take my good probiotics with me, but I took a non-refrigerated acidophilus (4-8 billion a day) I had as I figured this was better than nothing. During the entire trip I had no issues (besides being too full from eating so much) and felt pretty much the same as I did before I ate anything.I have been back for 2 days now and have been eating according to the diet. I did have a little bit of melon this morning, but again I felt nothing.

I am wondering how long it will be before I feel any symptoms come back from this cheating? Will they come back? I feel like I would have felt something by the 3rd day of my trip, if not sooner, if I was going to have any problems. I honestly feel like I have cured my infestation (if I even had one in the first place) and will be able to eat a more varied diet (that included fruit and all veggies and some sweet potatoes as carbs). Any advice, or comments on what reactions others have had, would be great!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

fje;37453 wrote: I am wondering how long it will be before I feel any symptoms come back from this cheating?

This is another of the many questions that no one can answer with any confidence. We could only guess if we were so inclined. This is especially true since we don’t know what your diet really is on a daily basis.

Able

fje

Able900;37457 wrote:

I am wondering how long it will be before I feel any symptoms come back from this cheating?

This is another of the many questions that no one can answer with any confidence. We could only guess if we were so inclined. This is especially true since we don’t know what your diet really is on a daily basis.

Able

My diet is pretty much the same everyday.
    -breakfast: eggs, veggies, cooked in coconut oil. Glass of hot water with lemon.
    -Lunch: chicken or salmon with veggies, cooked in coconut oil
    -Dinner: chicken or salmon cooked in coconut oil with salad
    -Snack: coconut bread, coconut oil, veggies
    Oils used: coconut (virgin) and extra virgin olive oil

My veggies are: zucchini, celery, asparagus, rutabaga (every day at least once), Brussel sprouts, garlic (every meal), avocado, green pepper, spinach, kale, cucumber, sauerkraut, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower.

I don’t have any dairy as I have a history of bad reactions to it (though I was eating it every day in the form of plain Greek yogurt prior to the cleanse).

If I don’t have any reaction is it safe to assume I am “cured”? If you were in my position, would you draw a similar conclusion?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Looks like you’ve been on the diet for about 12 weeks. The problem I see is the amount of animal protein you’re ingesting on a daily basis; this isn’t following the forum’s diet regardless of how much you think you are. In addition, in those 12 weeks you’ve gone off the diet three different times.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone on the forum who will tell you that basically three months is long enough to cure a Candida infestation. But here’s another problem with that, you don’t know for certain if you even had a Candida overgrowth or not; this is according to your own statement (I honestly feel like I have cured my infestation if I even had one in the first place).

So all I can tell you is this; IF you had an actual Candida albicans infestation on December 1, 2012, you’ve not treated it long enough to be cured.

If you’re having zero symptoms, maybe you never even had the infestation. This is especially a possibility since you took a five-day course of antibiotics and felt no symptoms afterwards; in fact, you stated that you even felt better.

Able

fje

Thanks Able. That is pretty much how my thinking has been since taking the antibiotics since they had the exact opposite effect I anticipated.

I think I will wait it out for now, but hopefully I won’t be needing to come back for advice any time soon!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How long after cheating do symptoms return?’ is closed to new replies.