How in the world can one keep an anti-candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How in the world can one keep an anti-candida diet

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #119833

    Truth_T3ller
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

    I mean if you have the funds, time and perseverance too then i could see it being possible, but that ridiculous diet is well…….. ridiculous for the average person, especially one who isnt doing so well financially. especially if they dont have the time. there has to be another way.
    I would never be able to keep a diet like that not in the current position im in, even if i were, i would probably fall short either way because of my cravings……….. there has to be another reasonable way.

    Can i not just take extra probiotics and anti-fungals(natural and prescribed) to get rid of it, while still eating the same foods, but i will limit those foods to a minimum if anything. I couldn’t see myself not eating some of those restricted foods at all……. but again i wouldnt be able to keep a diet like that, whether it be a month, a year or my whole life.

    EDIT: Also I think SIBO(Small intestine bacteria overgrowth) and candidiasis are one in the same, one leads to the other basically. So i think I would aslo have to keep a SIBO diet, which is even more ridiculous.

    #119834

    AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

    I agree it’s ridiculously expensive – especially if you are in the UK like me and have to order many of the supplements from the states. And I try not to think about the cost of the ingredients for the almond flour bread I made on Sunday – it was described as delicious, it reality it was like eating cardboard and most of it ended up in the bin. But in a way the fact that is so expensive is not entirely a bad thing – it makes me more likely to stick to it knowing I’ve invested so much money in it.

    However if you just take antibiotics and antifungals without changing your diet I am dubious about how you would get better and you are also risking horrendous die-off.

    I’m currently on week 7 of the Lisa Richards diet and intend to do the full 60 days, before switching to stage 5 and I feel miles better already. What’s 60/80 days out of my life after all, if it leads to a better future? What’s a year come to that?

    I think everyone goes through this stage while contemplating the candida diet – it took me months to finally commit to it. It is tough both physically and in terms of finance. But there are savings as well, as you don’t tend to go out and socialise so much when you are off caffeine and alcohol.

    Good luck, whatever you decide!

    #119836

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    SIBO and candida are not related because one is a yeast and the other is a bacteria…the only thing in common is that they are both digestive disorders.

    Some people have fancy cars and go on vacations and these are their priorities in life…you could get rid of those and live simple and use that money on health instead. It comes down to priorities.

    -raster

    #119837

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Truth_T3ller;58354 wrote: I mean if you have the funds, time and perseverance too then i could see it being possible, but that ridiculous diet is well…….. ridiculous for the average person, especially one who isnt doing so well financially. especially if they dont have the time. there has to be another way.
    I would never be able to keep a diet like that not in the current position im in, even if i were, i would probably fall short either way because of my cravings……….. there has to be another reasonable way.

    Can i not just take extra probiotics and anti-fungals(natural and prescribed) to get rid of it, while still eating the same foods, but i will limit those foods to a minimum if anything. I couldn’t see myself not eating some of those restricted foods at all……. but again i wouldnt be able to keep a diet like that, whether it be a month, a year or my whole life.

    EDIT: Also I think SIBO(Small intestine bacteria overgrowth) and candidiasis are one in the same, one leads to the other basically. So i think I would aslo have to keep a SIBO diet, which is even more ridiculous.

    Target the colon directly. An intestinal candidiasis growth more in the cecum and transverse colon than any other intestinal part. It is impossible to delivery any medicine to those intestinal parts if taken orally. You need to delivery the medicine where the infection is. You need to clean the intestines with water. When they be clean, to inject an antifungal solution that reaches the cecum. It is the only way to target where most of the infection is.
    Doing it, you probably don’t need to adhere to a very strict diet.

    Jorge.

    #119840

    Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268


    It is very well possible to target the colon with medication that is taken orally.

    Such medication is called the retard form of the medicine. Here, retard is the technical term for ‘delayed’.

    It means that the pills have a special coating that dissolves slowly, but only in an environment with the right pH (acidity). So you ingest a pill, and the coating will remain around the pill inside the stomach, because the stomach is so acid. Then the pill, still surrounded by its coating, enters the colon. From then on, the coating will dissolve – but only very, very slowly.

    By selecting the right coating, such retard pills can be made to deliver their contents at any place in the colon.

    #119843

    Truth_T3ller
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

    raster;58357 wrote: SIBO and candida are not related because one is a yeast and the other is a bacteria…the only thing in common is that they are both digestive disorders.

    Some people have fancy cars and go on vacations and these are their priorities in life…you could get rid of those and live simple and use that money on health instead. It comes down to priorities.

    -raster

    Regardless of what you say I do believe they are related, from my own research. So I wouldnt take your word for it that they arent. I believe one leads to the other…….. and I’m not one of those person who uses or has money for fancy cars or even vacations, so your comment is irrelevant and pointless to me. I already live simple as it is……. Please don’t comment on this post again……. but thanks to the other 3 responders, you had good responses.

    #119845

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Truth_T3ller;58364 wrote:

    SIBO and candida are not related because one is a yeast and the other is a bacteria…the only thing in common is that they are both digestive disorders.

    Some people have fancy cars and go on vacations and these are their priorities in life…you could get rid of those and live simple and use that money on health instead. It comes down to priorities.

    -raster

    Regardless of what you say I do believe they are related, from my own research. So I wouldnt take your word for it that they arent. I believe one leads to the other…….. and I’m not one of those person who uses or has money for fancy cars or even vacations, so your comment is irrelevant and pointless to me. I already live simple as it is……. Please don’t comment on this post again……. but thanks to the other 3 responders, you had good responses.

    Hey I am just trying to be helpful… I can comment on what I want on here.

    SIBO IS BACTERIA, CANDIDA IS A YEAST

    #119847

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Truth_T3ller;58354 wrote: I mean if you have the funds, time and perseverance too then i could see it being possible, but that ridiculous diet is well…….. ridiculous for the average person, especially one who isnt doing so well financially. especially if they dont have the time. there has to be another way.
    I would never be able to keep a diet like that not in the current position im in, even if i were, i would probably fall short either way because of my cravings……….. there has to be another reasonable way.

    Can i not just take extra probiotics and anti-fungals(natural and prescribed) to get rid of it, while still eating the same foods, but i will limit those foods to a minimum if anything. I couldn’t see myself not eating some of those restricted foods at all……. but again i wouldnt be able to keep a diet like that, whether it be a month, a year or my whole life.

    EDIT: Also I think SIBO(Small intestine bacteria overgrowth) and candidiasis are one in the same, one leads to the other basically. So i think I would aslo have to keep a SIBO diet, which is even more ridiculous.

    From my understanding there really isn’t much difference between a SIBO diet and an anti-candida diet. It should be pretty easy.

    One thing you could do is purchase foods when they are on sale and this saves on money. Some items are cheaper online too. If you live in oregon, you could go to the bob’s red mill store and buy 60 pound bags of grains/flours and then you are stocked up for a year…for instance get a few 25 pound bags of rice and there is a food supply for a year or two. You’ll save tons that way. They got it all. Or if you live on west coast, drive there and stock up.

    Then start a garden and grow a bunch of veggies. I started a garden this year with a variety of types of lettuce and I get a free salad or two worth the lettuce every week during the summer. Some stuff you can grow from seeds and that is even cheaper. Some plants can be created from starters or roots, etc.

    Costco also has great deals sometimes with organic foods. For instance in september/october my pumpkin puree goes on sale and I get a one year supply of it (make the bread every week). They also have olive oil cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.

    If you prepare your meals once a week or month, you could freeze it and thaw it later. This is a perfect thing to do with soups and similar dishes.

    Ethnic food is much healthier than american food and look at these recipes for inspiration. Most chinese food is ok minus the soy sauce and rice and sugar…most african food is fine on the diet, and most indian food is fine on the diet.

    -raster

    #119864

    Keya
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

    Truth_T3ller;58354 wrote: I mean if you have the funds, time and perseverance too then i could see it being possible, but that ridiculous diet is well…….. ridiculous for the average person, especially one who isnt doing so well financially. especially if they dont have the time. there has to be another way.
    I would never be able to keep a diet like that not in the current position im in, even if i were, i would probably fall short either way because of my cravings……….. there has to be another reasonable way.

    Can i not just take extra probiotics and anti-fungals(natural and prescribed) to get rid of it, while still eating the same foods, but i will limit those foods to a minimum if anything. I couldn’t see myself not eating some of those restricted foods at all……. but again i wouldnt be able to keep a diet like that, whether it be a month, a year or my whole life.

    EDIT: Also I think SIBO(Small intestine bacteria overgrowth) and candidiasis are one in the same, one leads to the other basically. So i think I would aslo have to keep a SIBO diet, which is even more ridiculous.

    Unfortunately, this diet isn’t a choice, at least for me…it’s the last hope to getting healthy…I’m out of other options, doctors can’t help me, medicine can’t help me, so what should I do? I tried taking antifungals and probiotics with “normal” diet, and it didn’t work…I’m not saying that in your case it couldn’t work, maybe it would, because everyone’s different and I don’t know how long you’ve had an infection and where it’s located…I’ve had vaginal candida for 6 years now…continually…diflucan doesn’t help…I’ve been on the diet hundreds of times, and I’m from a country which isn’t nearly as rich as the States…and I order my supplements from the States…so go figure…With the money I spent on my treatment I could’ve bought a car, or went on a luxurious vacation, but I didn’t have a choice really.

    My tips regarding the budget:

    – buy seasonal vegetables – it’s cheaper
    – don’t eat meat/fish every day – eggs are the cheaper replacement
    – plan your budget ahead – see which supplements are essential and buy those, skip other supplements (currently I’m on SF722, probiotics, coconut oil & vaginal probiotics, I don’t have the budget for anything else)
    – when I’m on the diet I save money on things like alcohol/going out/ordering in/candies etc…because you make all of your food at home, you won’t spend any money outside, maybe only on salad/water/tea
    – like raster said, simple life 🙂 unfortunately i can’t go on fancy vacations or buy a car, but I’m aware I’m doing all of this for my health, and my health is my priority

    #119865

    Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

    Truth_T3ller;58364 wrote: Regardless of what you say I do believe [SIBO and candida] are related, from my own research. So I wouldnt take your word for it that they arent. I believe one leads to the other……..

    Both SIBO and candida are signs that something is off balance in the intestines. If this wrong balance results in a candida overgrowth, we call it candida; if this wrong balance results in bacterial overgrowth, we call it SIBO. But both are the result of the same underlying imbalance.

    That’s why both can be cured, or at least alleviated, by adapting your diet.

    In severe cases, the retard pills which I described earlier might be used to deliver medication to the right place in the colon. Fecal transplants could also be used to restore balance, but as far as I know this treatment is still in an experimental stage.

    In all cases, eating more healthily is key to both achieving and maintaining improvement. This is a matter of logic. It’s underlined by the observation that SIBO and candida are much more prevalent in the USA than anywhere else in the world, and that they rise when a country switches to more USA-like eating habits.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How in the world can one keep an anti-candida diet’ is closed to new replies.