How I healed myself (no antifungals)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice How I healed myself (no antifungals)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Road2Recovery 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gatsuri
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Just wanted to leave what I did before I leave the site.

I found that using ‘antifungals’ made the condition worse so I did not use any to heal myself. From my perspective the candida overgrowth will reduce/ fix itself when you become healthy again. This meant resolving any deficiencies that I had through food, not supplements: vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and fatty acids. So in a way the candida overgrowth is just cleaning the ‘garbage’ up: junk food, hard to digest foods (anything whole wheat for example with hard to digest fibers), toxins (mercury, etc.).

I simply ate high vitamin organic animal foods, if you can’t afford the organic it’s not a big issue just work with what you can afford.

important: if you have tendency for hard stools your situation was as bad as mine and you will have to consume these animal foods raw at the beginning for easy digestion (take into account if you eat these raw the ‘waste’ will be really small so frequency of going to toilet will be a lot lower, most important thing is that the waste is easy to pass) , this also has the added benefit of no vitamin and mineral loss through cooking.. if you can handle cooked food boiling/ slow cooking is great

Things that I would eat: liver (once to twice a week), steak tartare and eggs (specifically the egg yolks for the nutrition)

Seafood could also be a great option if you prefer it like shellfish and fatty fish

Last Legs
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 22

I’m far from cured, but this person’s post has confirmed my suspicions that anti-fungals aren’t for everyone. Perhaps some of you can’t improve without them, but I’ve quit them all: coconut oil, caprylic acid, oregano oil, Pau D’arco tea, Nystatin, Difulcan, raw garlic.

I’ll stick to experimenting with diet and pro-biotics.

Good luck and iron willpower to you all!

Nyczace
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

If you have high candida levels, that can inhibit the body’s nutrient absorption. I do believe in antifungals such as garlic and coconut oil. Keeping candida levels low is important because your body can heal quicker this way.

Road2Recovery
    Participant
    Replies: 34

A strict diet for an extended period of time will heal you. You will eventually be able to cheat a little bit without too many consequences, but do know that once you go back to normal everyday eating, its only a matter of time before you start to feel the effects of candida again.

Gatsuri
    Participant

As an update also I’m now the healthiest I have ever been pretty much (mood, energy, appearance). I do think the candida would return if I would go on a unhealthy high carb/fiber/ inflammatory diet but that’s normal I would say, not supposed to eat like that anyway. I do eat some cooked starch now like organic white rice, fruit, unheated honey once per day or so if I crave it as those are not that harmful.

Gatsuri
    Participant

As an update also I’m now the healthiest I have ever been pretty much (mood, energy, appearance). I do think the candida would return if I would go on a unhealthy high carb/fiber/ inflammatory diet but that’s normal I would say, not supposed to eat like that anyway. I do eat some cooked starch now like organic white rice, fruit, unheated honey once per day or so if I crave it as those are not that harmful.

*+ with candida returning I mean the return of a candida overgrowth, we do need candida

Gatsuri
    Participant

Yes you are right sadly, this candida fungus is powerful as hell lol. Eating zero carb keeps it dormant kinda and lessens symptoms but when you start adding the carbs again without anti fungals it all starts over again. I now just add natural anti fungals to every meal and eat easy to digest foods, this will be a long battle.

Road2Recovery
    Participant
    Replies: 34

Yeah, sorry you had a set back. I went through the exact thing and got myself in really good shape after a year of super strict dieting. I thought I was better and loosened up my diet a bit. It was only a matter of time before my issues all came back.

Its gut dybiosis thats causing the problems. Diet alone can’t fix the underlying issue, it just keeps the horrible symptoms at bay. You may have candida problems and you also might have SIBO as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.