How do you take your whole food antifungals?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do you take your whole food antifungals?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 7 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Lorelei
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hello all – I would like to know how some of you take your coconut oil, garlic and maybe other whole foods antifungals. I now use it in cooking and on cocunut bread but I don’t really ‘count’ how much I take in. Some days I might have only salads and not have any coconut oil at all.

Do you add the amount you cook with into you daily regimen? – I understand that raw is always better but does heated coconut oil and cooked garlic count?

Do you take coconut oil on its own and is it better that way (and I don’t mean taste-wise)?

I’ve read that some people take the garlic chopped and raw with a glass of water before bed. I feel that I have constant garlic breath now. Don’t know if I want to do that.

One of the reasons I am asking is because I had a major breakout over the weekend. I did switch from Oregano oil to Caprylic acid but I also think that on Saturday I had way more coconut oil than otherwise in addition to rutabaga chips on Friday. So I think the change/increase in antifungals caused the outbreak.

Thanks for reading –

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

I’ve just started using the coconut oil, and I’ve used it for cooking as well as a teaspoonful at a time on its own.

I started eating the garlic on its own a while back as I found chewing it in salads too hot. I eat half of my meal and then I drink the finely chopped garlic with water (not pressed) and then finish my meal. The garlic and ginger at bedtime is a good idea. I’ve noticed that this is effective. It’s almost like the candida is repopulating as you sleep, but the garlic interferes with that. I’ve found that the garlic breath has sort of mellowed over the last few weeks and isn’t as odorous; perhaps yours will too?

BlueSkies – week 6

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just chop up the garlic, put it on a spoon, and swallow that sucker down with some water! 1-2 cloves per day is good, I couldn’t imagine eating any more than that myself.

Anything from the onion family is antifungal.

Oregano and turmeric are anti-fungal. Black olives as well (not ones with vinegar tho on diet).

You can use coconut oil as a butter replacement on the bread!

-raster

BlueSkies
    Participant

raster;

I’m going to take cloves each day too. I’ve purchased some veggie capsules, and I’m going to fill them and swallow the cloves down as I’m not a huge fan of the taste. I agree with you that it’s the easiest way to get the benefit from the anti-fungals (and for me to reduce the burn). The onion I love though and eat almost a whole onion a day.

BlueSkies – week 6

ZoePhoenix
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

Hey I was wondering how do you guys take your coconut oil? Right now I’m just using it in cooking cause I’ve tried taking it in it’s solid form and it was pretty gross :/. Do you think melting it would make it easier to take?

Thanks,
    Zoe

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

If you don’t like garlic cloves you can get garlic supplements. I take Matagenics Eclectic botanicals Super Garlic 6000 Super Concentrated. My doctor suggested this brand. Here is a link for them. http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/metagenics-supergarlic90.html Zoe, I heat up my coconut oil and swallow it in liquid form.
    Hope this helps
    Lauren

ZoePhoenix

Ahh thanks that does help. I guess I’ve been kind of putting off taking it because I’ve always hated the taste of coconuts but oh well gotta suck it up lol.

Lorelei
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Thanks for all the suggestions –

I started (roughly)tallying the coconut oil I take so I don’t eat a whole cup one day and only 2 tablespoons the next. I am blessed with tastebuds that really like coconut, so I don’t have a problem adding it to almost anything 🙂 – I am around 8-10 tsp now.

I have started to add 1 tsp of chopped garlic after dinner, washed down with water. No garlic breath that I have noticed from this.

Cloves are something I will try later on too. I have the gelcaps and you can easily fill those with any kind of powder. (Stick a straw in you ground substance. Hold it closed on top of the straw so the powder doesn’t fall out. Transfer to your gel cap, release your finger from the top of the straw and shake a little. Put the cap on your capsule.)

Blueskies – would you use whole cloves in the capsules or powder?

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Add 2-3 cloves of garlic in a cup fil it up with cold press oliven oil. Great dressing for salats and other food. The oliven oil gives the garlic a milder taste.

*JP*

BlueSkies
    Participant

ZoePhoenix wrote: Hey I was wondering how do you guys take your coconut oil? Right now I’m just using it in cooking cause I’ve tried taking it in it’s solid form and it was pretty gross :/. Do you think melting it would make it easier to take?

Thanks,
    Zoe

Zoe, I’ve gotten into the habit of using it as a dip for my coconut bread. I add some cinnamon to the oil after melting it and saturate my piece of bread. It’s delicious!

BlueSkies – week 6

ZoePhoenix

BlueSkies wrote:

Hey I was wondering how do you guys take your coconut oil? Right now I’m just using it in cooking cause I’ve tried taking it in it’s solid form and it was pretty gross :/. Do you think melting it would make it easier to take?

Thanks,
    Zoe

Zoe, I’ve gotten into the habit of using it as a dip for my coconut bread. I add some cinnamon to the oil after melting it and saturate my piece of bread. It’s delicious!

BlueSkies – week 6
    Oh that does sound good! Thanks for the suggestion. (:

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Is it alright to chop the garlic cloves in pieces and distribute it over my food after cooking? It’s still raw then, so I was supposing that should be alright. Or do I have to swallow it all at once?

Chloë

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Chlofloso wrote: Is it alright to chop the garlic cloves in pieces and distribute it over my food after cooking? It’s still raw then, so I was supposing that should be alright. Or do I have to swallow it all at once?

You can eat raw garlic any way that suits you, as long as you’re ingesting garlic it doesn’t really matter.

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Thank you.

Chloë

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do you take your whole food antifungals?’ is closed to new replies.