How do you look ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do you look ??

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I would like to know what do you think about your look.
    Since candida attacked me, I look older and skinny. One of the worse thing is the diet doesn’t allow me to recover a weight that help my body to look better. I mean people can see we look sick. I know there are people who were overweight and the diet was good for them, but in my case, I am under a weight that help my look.
    Jorge.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Well, a year ago I had 103 kg. I have a picture where we all sit in the garden and have a barbie, laughing eating steaks and French fries. Holding a beer and I look happy and round in the face. Much younger. Today I look old, my head looks like a skull, the cheeks are falling in and I have dark shadows.

Before I had some strong legs and now I look very skinny and thin.
    Anyhow I believe that its healthier not to have so much fat, even my skin looked much better a year ago, now its hanging.

Because I am bold too I get reminded on concentration camp victims when I see myself naked in the mirror.

Yes that is a brutal answer but honest my friend
    cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All I know is that I look better, healthier. My friends say it all the time when they haven’t seen me for awhile…they can’t believe the change. I also act different and have a different personality.

It’s like day vs night for me.

Before I looked really pale, sickly, and it looked like I had cancer. Now I look rather healthy.

Additionally, my hair started to grow back which also aids the looks…

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’m finishing the cleanse today, so I look the same as usual, which is on the skinny side, pretty pale, a bit older than I should, and not particularly healthy. I can never seem to put on weight or muscle, even when I’m eating a lot or doing exercise.

raster wrote: Additionally, my hair started to grow back which also aids the looks…

Do you literally mean hair is regrowing on your scalp? Were you completely bald before or just thinning? I’ve heard that hair follicles don’t actually die, but rather shrink, and I think muscle tension on the scalp can inhibit growth, so it certainly seems possible, but not something you hear about every day!

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

I too look rather skinny and if I’m truthful yes I probably do look ill. A number of my freinds and neighbours have commented on how much weight I have lost and am I alright. On the upside my skin texture is better especially my scalp (I am bald) which did have a very dry scaly top, this is a lot better now and my hands sre no longer rough and split.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I had some pretty severe thinning of the hair at the front of my head. In the shower I would lose 10+ strands of hair per day when I put my hands through the hair. Now I lose 2-3 strands of hair when I do this.

Anyways, about 2-3 months ago, suddenly one day tons of small hairs started to grow back on the front of my scalp. It continued to the point where it just blended in. I looked at pictures from a year ago and it is much improved.

I still have pretty bad hairloss on the back of my scalp though (the traditional area of hair loss) and this seems to be getting worse. So its probably a net neutral gain/loss.

My naturopath stated that I have a de-mineralization problem and I am taking some homeopathic medicines to reverse this.

-Raster

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I too am very skinny. I look different even from 7-8 months ago when I got married. If I haven’t seen anyone for a while, they always comment on my weight. According to BMI, I am borderline underweight…but thankfully I seem to stopped the weightloss with the foods that I have been able to introduce.

It is shocking when I look back through pictures to see how much my body and face have changed. When I see more recent pictures of myself, sometimes I don’t think I look like myself.

I have dark shadows under my eyes. I always look tired (although often I feel tired). I have very pale skin that is often very dry. My legs and stomach are very skinny but I also have some muscle definition. I think that might be because I take L-glutamin. Prior to that I didn’t have much.

I am looking forward to when I start to look healthier like what Raster is experiencing!! 🙂

Kirsty

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Replies: 73

I’ve lost a bit of weight, and I am now considered underweight. That said, I bumped up the number of eggs I eat from 4 to 5-6 per day and I actually put on two pounds, which is great.

My skin looks excellent. The dark circles under my eyes have cleared up. My sun sensitivity is decreasing, and I don’t get as sunburned as I was previously.

I’m looking forward to the next stage of the diet where I get to add some new foods and a few pounds. I am drooling over the coconut oil. I open the jar each day and take a sniff. Yes, that is true [don’t judge me :)].

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

I am on the thinner side by American standards, but definite smack dab in the “healthy weight” category at 57kg and 167cm (5’6″ and 125lbs). Like most women wouldn’t object to shedding a few pounds, but health-wise I definitely don’t need to. So when I heard everyone complaining about losing so much weight I thought any diet-related weight loss would be a nice silver lining. However, in the first three days I lost 2 kg., which is a very scary drop, so I made it a habit to record my weight three times a day so I could make sure I was staying a healthy weight.

I never dropped any lower than 55kg, and ended up returning to 57kg within weeks. For the past two months my weight has fluctuated around the 56-58 range pretty consistently, despite being on stage one the entire time. So I’m a little puzzled as to why everyone else is losing so much weight when I’ve stayed the same.

All I can figure is one or several of the following is protecting my weight:
    – sheer volume: I’ve probably doubled the amount of food I eat per day (when one fish slice used to cut it for dinner, I now eat two… followed up with a four-egg “dessert”)
    – fatty meats: the Japanese like fatty meats, and lean meats are really expensive, so the chicken, beef, and pork I purchase end up on the fatty side. I also eat the fish skin, which contains a layer of fat
    – olive oil: because I have a tiny kitchen, the only way I can cook meats, fish, and veggies is to fry them in a frying pan. I use a good deal of olive oil both for flavor and to prevent sticking.
    – beans, nuts, and seeds: after discovering this forum a few weeks into the diet I stopped eating these, but I attribute the initial stopping of my weight-loss free-fall with these three items.
    – buckwheat and millet: these are the only stage-one grain-like foods I can obtain easily and semi-cheaply in Japan. While I know some people on the forum can manage with just a salad and chicken/eggs, I become completely non-functional without a serving of buckwheat/millet every meal. Despite eating these I still have made quite a bit of progress with my symptoms; while they might be slowing down my progress a tad, they’re certainly not completely hindering it, so I consider their consumption totally worth it.

Regarding appearance overall, the reason why I started the diet in the first place was to clear up my horrible and debilitating eczema, which the diet has done a pretty good job of healing so far.

Javizy
    Replies: 945

People who go on low-carb diets tend to lose a large amount of weight quickly as a result of fluid lose. I can’t remember the exact explanation, but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

BlueSkies wrote: I am drooling over the coconut oil.

Ha ha BlueSkies! I am the same way! Once I realized how much I liked it, I started dumping it into all my veggie dishes for extra calories/antifungal. I even soak my coconut bread in it. Coconut oil will probably always be a part of my diet now. 🙂

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Replies: 73

kirstk4;

I’m glad that I’m not the only one. I’m sure that it will taste as good as it smells. I look forward to soaking coconut bread in it per your suggestion.

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

I got good laugh sooo loud just reading everybody’s look( in a good sense) we all look like dead people, I was 145lb and Im 5 6″, now I am still 5 6 I hope, but look aawefullll, I am 130lb And i have no intention to go down, I had to buy new clothes, good thing I buy expensive food but consignment clothes, my skin is rather dry, and beautifully pale, I can count all my ribs and bones!! now seriously I think my hair is falling, so I changed my hair cut. I am optimistic.. this get better :C)

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Blueskies… just out of interest why haven’t you started with the coconut oil yet? (I’m afraid I’ve been out of the loop and am not sure what stage you’re at). I’m sure I started it towards the end of my 1 week cleanse and found it a Godsend… a bit like Kirsty I use it in everything! Mashed into swede, to roast jerusalem artichokes, roasted mixed veg, sautee any veg or chicken, fry eggs, slather on coconut bread or buckwheat crackers… in fact my olive oil is feeling quite left out as I onlu use it for dressings now, never for cooking! Oh, and its scrupmtious on baked fish – put a generous knob on, plenty salt & pepper and grill or roast… lovely!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do you look ??’ is closed to new replies.