How do you know you are healed?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do you know you are healed?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shadow123
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Aside from getting your candida levels tested again, how will you know when you have healed enough to be able to occassionally enjoy a glass of wine or piece of dark chocolate (without feeling guilty for throwing all of your effort out the window).

I understand that the entire process is more or less ongoing and you can’t go back to eating garbage after finishing the protocol. I also realize that each person is different. But as I embark on this journey, I can’t help but think “Can I have some wine at my friends wedding in May?”

My health is obviously more important than a one-time indulgence, so I’m not asking about “cheating” during the protocol. Just wondering if there is a light at the end of the tunnel 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I really don’t know if there’s an actual, factual answer to this question. To put it plainly, it’s always going to be guess work or a gamble as far as adding any new food or drink to your diet.

Sorry, but I can’t honestly give you a better answer.
    Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Shadow123;37213 wrote: Aside from getting your candida levels tested again, how will you know when you have healed enough to be able to occassionally enjoy a glass of wine or piece of dark chocolate (without feeling guilty for throwing all of your effort out the window).

I understand that the entire process is more or less ongoing and you can’t go back to eating garbage after finishing the protocol. I also realize that each person is different. But as I embark on this journey, I can’t help but think “Can I have some wine at my friends wedding in May?”

My health is obviously more important than a one-time indulgence, so I’m not asking about “cheating” during the protocol. Just wondering if there is a light at the end of the tunnel 🙂

Chronic candidiasis, when the immune tolerance is acquired, is curable. I mean you can eat anything without causing an intestinal yeast overgrowth. It isn’t the food that you eat what cause this syndrome. Most “web protocols” don’t eradicate the infection but lower it to a point where you could be symptom free if you stick with the protocol. I mean if you follow a low sugar low carbohydrate diet that keep the yeast population low. Candida Albicans don’t also growth in the intestinal lumen but invades the ephitelial cells when it transforms to a fungus form.
    It isn’t easy to eradicate an intestinal fungal infection since the yeast itself can suppresses cell-meditated immunity, most current oral systemic antifungal drugs are fungistatic, and the intestine is an organ hard to reach by the oral route.
    Also, there are several yeast species, and no all antifungal are effective against all of them.

As you see, it is a hard battle specially when the infection is severe. In spite of it, with a correct treatment using antifungal combinations ( the systemic is a must ), a diet, immune stimulation, and correcting underlying immune suppression causes such as mercury, the infection can be cured. It means there won’t be more intestinal inflammation caused by the intracellular fungus, there won’t be more yeast metabolites affecting your organs and functions allowing you to come back to normal. If you eat sugary food and the symptoms return is because the infection never was eradicated but controlled by a diet and supplements.

I hope this help.

Jorge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How do you know you are healed?’ is closed to new replies.