how do you deal with your sugar cravings?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how do you deal with your sugar cravings?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HealMyGuts 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

specca
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 1

1) unsweeted cocoa/carob power + coconut milk + stevia + hot water = yummy hot chocolate ***note: carob and green leaf stevia compliment each other MUCH better than cocoa and stevia. try it and you’ll know what i mean

2) magnesium citrate. i’ve just started taking NATURAL CALM. it’s supposed to help eliminate chocolate cravings, so stay tuned…

3) protein powder sweetened with stevia. i use Vega brand (although it has a gram or 2 of sugar, so i’ll need to find something better)

4) EFT. i havent been using this technique, but it is certainly worth a try.

any other tips?

blixa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I make my own chocolate…. melt coconut oil, mix in organic unsweetened cocoa powder, yacon syrup OR xylitol and a pinch of salt. Add some fine coconut in to make it go further. pour it into ice cube trays and pop in the fridge until set. I eat a few a day… the coconut kills candida too!

Tummy Blues
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

What an awesome alternative!!!

4evryoung
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I don’t agree with substituting naturally or no-calorie sweetners is the way to kick sugar cravings.

My suggestion is to brush your teeth. Many times sugar cravings are a result of eating spicy or salty foods. Brushing your teeth clears your pallet and the fact that you have just brushed your teeth will detour you from eating anything.

HealMyGuts
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 12

I too have been making my own chocolate, but like 4evryoung says, I am starting to think that it is the wrong way to go about things.

I would sweeten a bar of baker’s chocolate with Xylitol, and it would last me a day, maybe two. I can’t not eat it when I have it. This is exactly the kind of mentality that probably gave me Candida in the first place, and will probably give it to me again when I am done with the diet.

I need to break that habit. I do feel the need to munch on things often though, so I think I will start trying some pumpkin seeds or something. I find that my sugar cravings and just munching cravings are the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘how do you deal with your sugar cravings?’ is closed to new replies.