How do I stop it from returning?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do I stop it from returning?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

katherineb819
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi there…

I just realized a day ago that I am in the middle of a die off…I’d had brain fog, nervousness, no weight loss results, carb cravings, irritability, irregular menstrual, fatigue, and muscle tightness for the last week and I thought it was a thyroid issue so I started taking kelp, zinc, 3 anti-cortisol herbs, probiotics, oregano oil and caprylic acid–I also boosted my workout and cut out all sugar and I reduced fat. I forgot to remember however that since I had candida in the past, I had probably gotten problems with it again, which the anti-fungals brought out.

Today’s day 2 of the die off. took a detox bath, drank tons of water, took an anti-fungal break, and started taking Vitamin C and liver supports (milk thistle, dandelion, etc.).

What should my next steps be? I want to support the detox as best I can to get it all out of there fast. I also want to start up the anti-fungals again now that I realize I’ve still got candida.

I heard you can take anti-fungals too fast and get a die-off again…how slow do I have to take them to prevent that? Also is it a good idea to keep taking anti-fungals and probiotics to stop it coming back in the future? I want this thing gone for good! (I’m already planning on staying with the no sugar, immune support/detox diet however.)

Please help!

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

good question! one thing I was reading suggested keeping your glycemic index to between 45 & 50 at every meal. Here’s the link. It’s a long read but quite a good one – although when I posted it before, many said the treatment plan wasn’t a good one. but I think the other info is useful at least.

http://www.janus.net.pl/Candida%20Fungi.htm

I’m wondering if being sugar free is something i’ll just have to do forever. I suppose it has to do with getting the immune system stronger and waiting until the spores are out of one’s system, which, according to this, can take 2 to 3 years. UGHHHHHH

-MGL

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

mygutleaks;49936 wrote: good question! one thing I was reading suggested keeping your glycemic index to between 45 & 50 at every meal. Here’s the link. It’s a long read but quite a good one – although when I posted it before, many said the treatment plan wasn’t a good one. but I think the other info is useful at least.

http://www.janus.net.pl/Candida%20Fungi.htm

I’m wondering if being sugar free is something i’ll just have to do forever. I suppose it has to do with getting the immune system stronger and waiting until the spores are out of one’s system, which, according to this, can take 2 to 3 years. UGHHHHHH

-MGL

I have read many of your recently posts and I am happy you are doing well. Just curious, have you implemented some type of antifungal retention enemas to target the colon ?

It may be a good idea to eliminate candida colonies in the lower part.

Jorge.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

thank you Jorge. glad to hear you are feeling better too, and that it is lasting. I did 5 to 10 enemas with Nystatin. I got a lot of yeast out. But stopped to give the Nystatin a chance – and after a while it started to be effective in the colon. It happened when I upped my dose from 1.5 to 3m, and sometimes I took more than 3m. I’ve been on Nystatin for almost a year now, 6 months with the 3m/day. And some coconut oil and SF722 on occasion – until my kidneys started hurting, then I would stop, and start up again when they felt better. I can tell the candida is out of my GI tract. Even if I eat a lot of carbs it doesn’t seem to come back. However, I think it has moved to another part of the body, and my tongue gets coated/headache/stuffiness if I eat too many carbs. I wonder if it will go away eventually if I continue on the diet – or if this will be a way of life for me. When it was in my gut I didn’t have these issues. I’m still taking Nystatin. I have another month of powder left. Unfortunately I react badly to S Boulardii so I’ll only have the good yeast from water kefir to keep it in check. Is SB still working for you?

-MGL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How do I stop it from returning?’ is closed to new replies.