How do I know I'm getting better?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do I know I'm getting better?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Poppyaka
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I just started the diet Tuesday, the first two days I was craving sugar sooo bad. It’s now Sunday and I don’t nearly crave as much as before.

How did you realize or physically know you were getting better?

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i think after the die off people star to feel better ,im in the beginning of treatment also

strongbee
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

after die-off you will feel better immediately. even more energy than before the diet as gluten free diet will do that for you. However, be aware that the candida will transformed into hibernation mode and will not die that easy and can easily reappear. Anti fungal and probiotic will be critical in eliminating it all together.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Poppyaka, you do understand that if you are on day 3 it will likely be months before you are feeling better. It’s also quit likely that you will feel worse (die off) before you feel better.

I don’t want to be the barer of bad news but I wanted to make sure you weren’t thinking you’d feel better immediately.

Also, it usually take 3 days to get over sugar cravings so that makes sense that day 3 is better then days one and two.

good luck

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

The “first hump” is 10-14 days, I’d say. That’s about how long the first “detox” takes to get all the sugar and crap out of your system…kind of like getting off of any other drug. The cravings will get much better after that, and if you’re following the protocol, you’ll notice a decrease in other mental symptoms like anxiety and irritability.

Poppyaka
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Thank you everyone for replying!

I did not by any means think that after 3 days I would be much better. The first two days were really hard and I am trying to think more positive about the situation. For me getting a general time frame of the die off symptoms helps me a lot with anxiety and depression. I am aware of course that everyone’s bodies are different and react differently therefore I just wanted to hear other people’s opinions and experiences with feeling better.

Glad I found this forum because I really need the support.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I agree with Alex that the first two weeks are the toughest. A couple of friends joined me on the cleanse phase after I had already started it. One folded on her day 3, the other on her day 10. I don’t know if day3girl has yeast issues (most people do, at some level, but I think she was just detoxing after a vacation and wanted solidarity), but day10girl does, although not severe enough for her to get back on the wagon, apparently.

For myself, I was starting to feel some good results by day 9 or 10, in terms of far less brain fog, less fatigue, and my cravings were gone.

Keep it up! 🙂

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Oh – if you’d like to read my blog, I have been journaling since day 1 about how I’m feeling on this. it’s at http://sometimesalexeats.tumblr.com – and there are a lot of recipes as well… (although some of them are not strict-candida diet approved in the beginning, because i was doing body ecology diet before i found this site, so beware and ask if you have questions!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How do I know I'm getting better?’ is closed to new replies.