How do I heal leaky gut if I am allergic to everything?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do I heal leaky gut if I am allergic to everything?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Mikey 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

train21
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 21

I swear I cant even eat buckwheat or chicken, what the hell do I eat? I feel like I have an allergic reaction to everything (even pro-biotics),how do I fix this? I’m on the strict diet, how much stricter can you get?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

train21;41307 wrote: I swear I cant even eat buckwheat or chicken, what the hell do I eat? I feel like I have an allergic reaction to everything (even pro-biotics),how do I fix this? I’m on the strict diet, how much stricter can you get?

Try taking one Ashwagandha capsule about one half hour before each meal. This herb is a good adaptogen where various allergies are concerned because it stimulates the GABA receptors in the brain which in turn will help to prevent the excess release of epinephrine. Used for this purpose, taking it a half hour before your meal is best.

Since it’s so difficult to digest your food properly when you have a severe leaky gut problem, I suggest that you also consider juicing all of your foods for the present time.

The truth is, you’re not going to completely cure the leaky gut problem until the population of Candida in your body have been greatly reduced. The reason for this is because they’re the cause of the tiny leaks in your intestines, and as long as they are in there, they’ll continue to cause more havoc.

Do you react to water kefir? If you react to milk kefir, I suggest you try making water kefir if you haven’t already.

Able

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

you might want to read up on GAPS/SCD diets. And bone broth soup. The author of the GAPS book suggests, if you are allergic to everything, making bone broth with meat and vegetables, and eating only that for a period of time. the broth is considered very healing to the gut because it contains glycine and gelatin, and lots of minerals. I’ve been drinking it 1 or 2x per day. I make it in a pressure cooker or slow cooker. Can be made with beef, chicken, lamb, fish. Just buy the whole fish, head n’ all. I too seem to react to almost everything, but I tolerate meats, and some veggies. Also, GAPS would say, remove the buckwheat. It says to remove all phytate containing items (all grains), and apparently buckwheat has phytates. If you are going to eat it, Weston A Price style diet would suggest soaking it first in water for 12 hours, rinse, and eat.

-MGL

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

oh wow i am having the EXACT same problem!! i am currently reacting from organic chicken!! i have recently reacted to avocado, zuchinni and now coconut… nooooo!! my last only really good treat… so now i am rotating any vegies i have left. guna try this for a few weeks. i makesure i cook them well, like boil cauliflower and eat it mash up with some ghee and salt n pepper it actually pretty good, or roasted brussel sprouts or cabbage on lettuce with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. iv just started taking lglutamine. going to buy some oil of oregano today since i cant have coconut oil.. so hard i totally understand..

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

I agree with MGL.

Broth is extremely nourishing & healing to your gut. I know you have having problems digesting chicken right now but chicken broth is very easy to digest. It will improve your ability to digest other food too. Get a locally raised, pastured organic chicken/chicken carcass from a local farmer if possible & get the feet as well because they are full of gelatin.

Put the chicken/carcass in a large put with the feet. We can’t have carrot so I won’t suggest putting those in. Add 3 stalks of celery roughly chopped, an onion peeled & cut in half, a bay leaf, 15 black peppercorns & a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar. Cover with filtered water about an inch or 2 over the ingredients. Leave sit for an hour at room temp. The acv will draw minerals from the bones in this time. Turn on the cooker ring & bring the stock to a simmer (Do not boil). Allow it to simmer for 3 to 24 hours. The longer you let it simmer, the more flavour. Normally 8-12 hours does a good job in my books. As it is simmering, check every now & again & skim any foam which rises to the top. This is important because the foam is impurities & your broth won’t taste good if you don’t skim. When it is done, strain out the ingredients. You can make it in a slow cooker too on low using the same directions.

flashas9
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi, I was at your stage as well, where I couldn’t eat anything, and everything gave me allergic reactions even broccoli. The reason is the inflammation in your gut. You have to gradually heal the tissue with the support of nutrients (good fat/vitamins/minerals, bit of protein). Along with that your immune system will rise. And then you will be able to tolerate more foods. Start of with many steamed brocolies, cauliflowers and low quantities of antifungals for start (best in your case would be asparagus/brusel sprouts, lightly cooked onion, leeks, raw olive oil).

Major key to ease the inflammation is Molybdenum, apolactoferrin supplements.

P.S im 6 months into Ables protocol, 70% recovered, even though I’m always antifungaling 😀

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

I used to be there as well…now 100% recovered…followed similar diet as on here, supplements of course and a food grade H202 protocol. I can eat anything now : )
    Now I drink Kombucha tea, and milk kefir to repopulate flora and will continue to drink fermented drinks and eat fermented foods forever!
    Hang in there!!!

: )

Ruffian
    Participant
    Replies: 72

To get through that stage, for me what helped was colostrum capsules a little while before every meal. I don’t know why, but it did help. It gets better. Don’t give up.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am sorry I didn’t reply to this post. I would try to work in vitamin C which will reduce your histamine levels significantly. How bad are your reactions? I would basically eat everything you are allergic to but rotate the foods you eat so that you don’t eat the same thing a whole bunch.

If you reduce the inflammation of the gut, this will make you less allergic to food items. Certain foods are highly anti-inflammatory including fish, pumpkin, and broccoli. Fermented and regular cod liver oil are highly anti-inflammatory.

-raster

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I agree with what others have said about broth and GAPS. The broth gave me die off, so I know it works.

If you want a simple way to heal your gut for 30 days have a look at this ebook. It’s a meal plan for 30 days of gut healing, where you slowly introduce new foods. The only things you will eat that aren’t allowed on this Candida diet are butternut squash and soaked nuts, but not at first you introduce them. I think it would be beneficial for anyone suffering from major food intolerances to have a look at this.

http://www.healthhomehappy.com/grain-free-2/30-days-on-gaps-intro-e-book

P.S. you might not react to chicken that’s been boiled in a broth for 12 hours, the idea is that it’s been broken down through cooking.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Ruffian;43719 wrote: To get through that stage, for me what helped was colostrum capsules a little while before every meal. I don’t know why, but it did help. It gets better. Don’t give up.

Hi Ruffian,

That’s a good idea. How many mgs do you find works best for you? How many minutes prior to eating do you find works best? I too react to almost every food. And it keeps changing too. So hard to rotate when your choices are so limited.

Thank you,

-MGL

Ruffian
    Participant
    Replies: 72

I take 2 capsules of the Symbiotic brand of Colostrum about 20-30 minutes before eating a meal. What I did learn is that something you have a reaction to one week may be OK a few weeks later.

-Cass

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

thanks everyone for ur replies. my acupuncturist has recently told me he cant help me any more so i have started seeing a lady who is using chinese medicine herbs on me to cool my inflammation. it iniatially started helping especially with my energy as i work 12 hour days and i NEED to to pay for organic veg and supplements i take. i have made bone broth from grass fed organic beef bones and had a severe reaction. iv also had severe reactions from as little as one mouthful of organic chicken. now i am currently having a severe reaction to blueberries, half a granny smith apple, and a couple of table spoons of greek yogurt, i know bad to try so many new things within a couple of days but oh my god they tasted amaaaazing. all i can eat at the moment i rotate these every 4 days, is this long enough between? cauliflower, romanesco, brocoli, asparagus, lettuce, silver beet, kale, celery, saurkraut. i also chew mint xylitol gum after meals since i work in close proximity to people.. when i say ireact i have a reccurrent rash that is bright red, weeps and now my face and neck is coverd in a million sores that weep, clear and some yellow liquid and some bleed. i cant go to work and it looks like extremely bad acne. it is so so sore. i also get patches of weepy rash on my body. i get eczema but this is different, but often turns into patches of eczema if that makes sense. i have been dealing with this for about 6 months now, im really struggling to stay positive. i have been on this strict diet for 4 months now without one single cheat. i need to get some more probiotics today because i have run out a couple weeks ago.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Emz, hang in there.

I got die off the first time I ate broth too. It’s powerful stuff, oddly.

I don’t know what to say about extreme food allergies, maybe someone else has advice.

Look into GAPS introduction phase, Dr. Campbell writes about extreme food allergies such as yours.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I used to have the same problem, too 🙁

It’s been a combination of things that has worked for me so far, although I haven’t tested any major problem foods, but at one point I couldn’t even tolerate veggies so I’m doing pretty darn well now.

Basically 1. I followed the diet and protocol very, very strictly. No cheating.
    2. I relaxed as much as possible and have basically taken six months off of my life. It sucks, yes, but I’d rather take off some time now then continue feeling sick and trying to push through it make everything worse.
    3. Get rid of the candida first, like Able says.
    4. Once my symptoms were subsided some, I did a month of intestirenew powder, which really helped.
    5. I take a ton of probiotics, which also help.
    6. Warm weather, sunshine.
    7. Meditation, yoga, etc.

I’m not totally fixed, but I am now eating salads daily (you have no idea what an accomplishment this is), and I can eat nutritional yeast without breaking out into hives!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How do I heal leaky gut if I am allergic to everything?’ is closed to new replies.