How do I get rid of this damned thing?!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals How do I get rid of this damned thing?!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  YeastMan 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

YeastMan
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

It has been nearly 6 months since I picked up Candida from someone else. I freaked out/ignored it/tried to figure out what it was for the first month. Here is what I have tried so far.

Have tried rotating every 4 days external applications of clotrimazole, miconazole, sulconazole nitrate, while also taking 4 day rotations of grapefruit seed extract and caprylic acid, per the advice of this article. I was also eating <20g of carbs/day at this time. I still am not cured.

Currently, I have been eating <20g of carbs/day for two months. Topically I am taking sulconazole nitrate + miconazole powder + talc. Orally I am taking probiotics and grapefruit seed extract, which I rotate with capryllic acid. I take a shower every day, blowdry the area immediately and apply the topical treatment. If I exercise - I do it again. I wear boxer briefs. My symptoms are starting to come back again and I am starting to go nuts.

Any ideas on what I should do or take next?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I havent seen you mention diet, which is the most important thing. Topical treatment wont do anything but cover up the symptoms, ive been there.

candida is in the intestines. Outside symtoms will go away if you treat the inside.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

External applications of anything will only possibly alleviate a few of the symptoms on a short term basis, and as Chris has stated, the infestation has to be cured from the inside, namely, the intestines and colon.

The link you posted leads to Michael Biamonte’s website. The initial consultation will cost you $250.00, and they’re not going to give you any substantial information until you pay them. Anyone who charges this ridiculous price for consultation on the Internet is wasting your time. Their goal is not to cure you, their goal is for you to get your credit out so that they can process a payment. The information which they’re offering ‘free’ such as the info about grapefruit seed extract & C. acid is just the tip of the iceberg and won’t make a dent in the infestation alone. This is because they’re not going to offer any significant information without payment up front.

And the bad part is, even if you pay them, you have no idea of whether or not their protocol is any better than a hundred others.

Tell us exactly what you’re eating on a daily basis and we’ll check it out for hidden problems. Also, if you’re not already doing so, you need to purchase and start using Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate before starting the correct protocol.

Able

YeastMan

Chris24 wrote: I havent seen you mention diet, which is the most important thing. Topical treatment wont do anything but cover up the symptoms, ive been there.

candida is in the intestines. Outside symtoms will go away if you treat the inside.

Able900 wrote: Tell us exactly what you’re eating on a daily basis and we’ll check it out for hidden problems. Also, if you’re not already doing so, you need to purchase and start using Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate before starting the correct protocol.

Able

Diet is basically Atkin’s – <20g carbs/day.

Had no plans to pay for Michael Biamonte’s plan, but I thought the rotation idea was a good one, so I was following that.

Thanks – I heard about Molybdenum, but forgot about it. I will pick some up.

asexynerd
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

For me personally I did this for 21 days

Cut out completely:

1. All fruits
    2. All meats
    3. All nuts
    4. All sugars
    5. All refined carbs

Only act:

1. All leafy green veg’s with apple cider vinegar as dressing

I have to be honest it was not fun at all for the first 3-4 days. My mood was capricious, I would get angry really quickly and I had tons of sores on my tongue. But during the 7th day I while brushing my teeth I felt something weird towards the side of my mouth like when you burn the inside of your mouth when you eat something hot. I reach for it and take it out of my mouth. It looked like this slimy, LONG white substance. I called my friend and told him what had happened and said that was candida coming out. After that day I decided NEVER to eat anything that would produce it and could never been happier :).

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Any update on your statues? and don’t focus on your failures at all.

YeastMan

princeofsin wrote: Any update on your statues? and don’t focus on your failures at all.

8 months and still have it. Boys recently started getting flaming red, moist and itchy, even with topical treatment. Symptoms are slowly being knocked back by the only things that have worked consistently – tea tree oil and spray-on miconazole 2% powder. I am going to compare the fluconazole/itraconazole/ketoconazole oral treatments and try to convince the derm to write me a script for the least dangerous one. The last dermatologist was a money-grubbing idiot.

Protocol:

• Atkin’s
    • Shower every morning or after working out
    • Nystatin & triamcinolone acetonide + miconazole powder + talc (morning and night).

Morning:

• 250µg molybdenum AA chelate
    • 3 billion Acidophillus/Lactobacillus pill
    • 250g grapefruit seed extract
    • Caprylic acid 1.2 – 4g
    • Low-carb yogurt (4g)

Night:

• 500µg molybdenum AA chelate
    • 3 billion Acidophillus/Lactobacillus pill
    • 250g grapefruit seed extract
    • Caprylic acid 1.2 – 4g
    • Spoonful of coconut oil (8% caprylic acid/7% capric acid)

I was experimenting with caprylic acid amounts. Based on this capric acid (10 chain fatty acid) study and the average human blood volume, I calculated the minimum concentration needed to kill Candida in the body would be a 9.5g dose. I was taking up to 8g/day of caprylic acid (8 chain fatty acid) for 2 weeks. It didn’t help and I didn’t want to kill my liver.

Ironically, I coincidentally started working in a lab that tests for… you got it… Candida.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Does Atkins mean all meat and fat or are you including non-starchy veg too? I saw a (very) old study that showed people on a meat and fat diet practically slaughtered their lactobacillus and bifidobacterium, while various pathogens increased in number within just 2 weeks. Fortunately, they were able to reverse this fairly easily after coming off the diet. Maybe there’s some more recent research to support this.

Balancing your gut flora and strengthening the ‘good guys’ will be more important in the long-run than the amount of carbs you eat. I’d consider including a source of prebiotic fibre, like broccoli, asparagus, onion etc and taking a much stronger probiotic. Home-made kefir is great for probiotics if you haven’t heard of it.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

What are your symptoms ??
    Mention them, and we are going to have a better idea. I can not help if I don’t know what you feel.
    Jorge.

YeastMan

Javizy wrote: Does Atkins mean all meat and fat or are you including non-starchy veg too? I saw a (very) old study that showed people on a meat and fat diet practically slaughtered their lactobacillus and bifidobacterium, while various pathogens increased in number within just 2 weeks. Fortunately, they were able to reverse this fairly easily after coming off the diet. Maybe there’s some more recent research to support this.

Balancing your gut flora and strengthening the ‘good guys’ will be more important in the long-run than the amount of carbs you eat. I’d consider including a source of prebiotic fibre, like broccoli, asparagus, onion etc and taking a much stronger probiotic. Home-made kefir is great for probiotics if you haven’t heard of it.

Do you have a link to the study? I eat broccoli, squash or salad with virtually every dinner. Mostly broccoli. Green beans for lunch. I also take probiotic supplements.

Also adding about 2 TBS of oat fiber to my protein powder drink every night to get some fiber (6g). Dirt cheap fiber source and no carbs. I should probably take more. I eat alot of nuts, which have a large amount of fiber.

Milk has a ton of carbs, so kefir conflicts with Atkin’s. I eat yogurt everyday, though.

dvjorge wrote: What are your symptoms ??
    Mention them, and we are going to have a better idea. I can not help if I don’t know what you feel.
    Jorge.

“[My scrotum] recently started getting flaming red, moist and itchy, even with topical treatment.” Area around is also itchy. Consistent skin peeling along inner thigh.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do I get rid of this damned thing?!’ is closed to new replies.