How do I even know if I have candida and is self diagnosing myself safe?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do I even know if I have candida and is self diagnosing myself safe?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MZHenry 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MZHenry
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi. My name is Ehjaylyn and I currently reside in St. Kitts, a beautiful Caribbean island). I recently moved back home after living in the US since 2009. I moved there for grad school and worked a year after and is now waiting for my old employers to sponsor my work visa so I can return. However, I did not join this forum to go on about myself or not that aspect of my life anyway.

While in graduate school I started taking bc pills and was on them for about 1.5 years before quitting. While on bc I was treated for maybe one or two yeast infections and also had to take antibiotics on two different occasions and unfortunately I had to take them back to back. In December 2011 I decided to quit taking the bc pills for feared what it would do to my health long term and that is when my health changed for the worse.

I first started breaking out really bad and was just horrified but after researching online I found out that many women had the same problem and many of them said that it would eventually go away. Well, for me, that has yet to happen. After the breakouts came the allergies. Bread, diary products, soy anything you could think of made me feel horrible and my face was filled with allergy bumps on every area except my nose :(. But that’s not all. I also have melasma (self diagnosis) which at the time I didn’t know what it was I just saw my skin becoming extremely dark compared to the rest of my body. After fully realizing my allergies I decided to quit eating what I was allergic but I failed miserably due to the fact that I was horrible at reading labels and I hate to cook so I would often satisfy my hunger with the quickest and easiest thing available. However in December I decided to give it a harder try and saw some improvement in my acne but not much.

I left the US last month without being able to see a doctor or anyone who could diagnose me due to the fact that I had no health insurance. When I got home I went to see my uncle who is a GP after my mother insisted that I do so and he gave me prednizone and betamethasone cream without even listening to what my symptoms/issues were. Being desperate and at this point having very little self-esteem, I took them. I watched my allergy bumps disappear but my acne returned. I ran out of the pills after 5 days and observed as my bumps slowly returned. Out of extreme frustration I went to do more research and that is how I came across info about candida and immediately I knew this had to be what I have. Last year, besides the allergies and itchy face, I also had the white tongue and bad breath, extreme gas after eating bread, sometimes diarrhea or constipation, among other things. So I did the spit test and it came out positive.

Fast forward to my current dilemma. I decided to go on the candida diet but apparently I underestimated it and the side effects and I clearly am not as knowledgeable on the topic as I thought I was. Only a few days in and I have already messed up by not cleansing first, then I ate plain yogurt with grapes, french fries, chicken and fish, rice cakes, and planters salted sunflower seeds all in the past 5 days and now I have a cold or cold like symptoms,I’m constipated and my face (sigh)is completely covered with allergy bumps. I don’t know if I am already experiencing die off because I haven’t been eating sugar and I eat about 2 cloves of garlic daily along with veggies. I am desperate for tips and advice. I am constantly hungry, frustrated at the fact that I am constipated and I feel my confidence dwindle daily.

Do my symptoms sound like candida? Should I see a doctor? There aren’t any naturopathic doctors where I live but maybe a regular doctor can help? I’m extremely saddened by what’s happening to my body and have no idea where to go from here. My parents think I am crazy, no one understands what I’m going through and I hate seeing my face in the mirror. I am afraid that if I don’t do anything soon, I’ll be living with this for the rest of my life and I am only 23 years old. I apologize for the essay but I really need some help. Please anyone!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out the candida symptoms list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

Dr. Mcoomb’s feels that if you have ever taken antibiotics you likely have a gut flora imbalance. If you listen to some of his radio shows, you may be able to conclude you have it.

It sounds like you got die-off from trying out the diet, etc. so the symptoms you are experiencing should be alarming that something is going on…

The thing is we all have candida and parasites just at different levels; you can do some testing to see what levels you are at but not everyone can afford this.

-raster

MZHenry

raster;38842 wrote: Check out the candida symptoms list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

Dr. Mcoomb’s feels that if you have ever taken antibiotics you likely have a gut flora imbalance. If you listen to some of his radio shows, you may be able to conclude you have it.

It sounds like you got die-off from trying out the diet, etc. so the symptoms you are experiencing should be alarming that something is going on…

The thing is we all have candida and parasites just at different levels; you can do some testing to see what levels you are at but not everyone can afford this.

-raster

Thank you raster! I will try to get tested as I would like to know what levels I have but I definitely think that I do have it. It is the only think that could explain what is happening to my body right now and after reading the list you gave me I see all my symptoms. I will try and read posts made on this site as much as I can. Thanks again.

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

i don’t recommend enema’s often but many people on the curezone forums have juice fasted or sugar fasted then did enemas and have found the fungal form candida strings, just because your tongue is white may not mean you have a problem, i dont beleive in the spit test personally you can get a cdsa 2.0 stool test if you find a good nd there is a blod test to see what candida strains and at waht levels.

MZHenry

jay253;38963 wrote: i don’t recommend enema’s often but many people on the curezone forums have juice fasted or sugar fasted then did enemas and have found the fungal form candida strings, just because your tongue is white may not mean you have a problem, i dont beleive in the spit test personally you can get a cdsa 2.0 stool test if you find a good nd there is a blod test to see what candida strains and at waht levels.

Thank you for your response jay253. The thing is my tongue isn’t white anymore. I experienced it for a couple of months and it went away last year after I quit eating a lot of the foods I am allergic to. I took the olive oil and warm water and was finally able to go off this morning after waking up feeling extremely weak and feeling like my body was overheating. I am going to pause on the actual cleansing process because I started it all wrong by taking garlic and plain yogurt from the start. Doing that not only made me constipated and weak but I also started feeling sick and my allergy bumps multiplied overnight. I just finished taking prednisone about a week or two ago so that could also still be in my system. I am going to get the products recommended for the proper and safe cleanse and start over the right way. I am also trying to find a doctor so I can get tested. I ate homemade soup today that contained chicken, carrots and pumpkins, plus I also ate a few store bought almonds so I am hoping that I haven’t made things worse :(. I’m going to pray constantly so I can survive this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How do I even know if I have candida and is self diagnosing myself safe?’ is closed to new replies.