How do antifungals work exactly?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do antifungals work exactly?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #75425

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    I tried to find an explanation but couldnt find it. I would like to ask if anyone knows how (natural) antifungals work, their mechanism on the pathogens, and most importantly, why this results in the candida toxins getting into the bloodstream, instead of just washing away harmlessly through the gut.

    #75432

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Hello, Chris.

    How do antifungals work exactly?

    That actually depends on the type of antifungal as they can target the plasma membrane, sterol biosynthesis, DNA biosynthesis, or β-glucan biosynthesis. One of the best explanations I’ve found comes from the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research with acknowledgements to the Fink Lab.

    http://www.wi.mit.edu/programs/teacher/presentations/antifungal_drugs.pdf

    As far as natural antifungals are concerned, one interesting theory I found concerning garlic was: garlic contains sulphur compounds and these compounds help in oxygenating the blood producing an environment which is detrimental to the continuing existence of the Candida.”

    why this results in the candida toxins gettng into the bloodstream, instead of just washing away harmlessly through the gut.

    I suppose the quick answer to that would be, the toxins can’t wash away harmlessly because they’re not harmless but rather somewhat poisonous to humans.

    The other part of my answer may not be what you were looking for either, but it seems that comparing the Candida toxins to the bacteria and viruses that come from contaminated food would be one way to see how the toxins do what they do to our body. The bacteria from contaminated food form in the stomach and intestines and eventually cause our entire body to become ill by being absorbed into the bloodstream just like the nutrients from healthy food are. This causes any of a number of symptoms including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, dizziness, fainting, rapid heartbeat, weakness, fever, and if you think about it, even flu-like symptoms. The Candida toxins coming from both living and dying Candida in the stomach and intestines are capable of causing the very same symptoms. I would imagine that’s because the bacteria from spoiled food and neurotoxin aldehydes from Candida are both toxins affecting the body. The aldehyde are combined with proteins, red blood cells, and other substances in the stomach and intestines and its lining and travel through the bloodstream reaching distant parts of the body like the brain resulting in brain-fog.

    I should read back over this and make corrections, but I really need to leave for a while, so I’m sorry, but I’ll check over it when I return later on.

    Able

    #75437

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Thank you. That answers my question partially. Is it that the pathogens get seperated from the intestine wall by the antifungals and thus get in to the bloodstream?

    I could really use your knowledge on my follow up question aswell.

    I asked because i am on MMS to destroy the candida, and I’m trying to understand the mechanisms behind antifungals and MMS, to understand the difference.
    What the MMS (chlorine dioxide) does is take elektrons from pathogens (candida albicans) and destroying it by means of oxidation. I wonder if this eliminates the threat of the toxins getting in the bloodstream since they seem to be rendered harmless immediately through oxidation. As I understand it, the pathogen molucule just seizes to exist because of the loss of its elektrons. They get vaporized.

    This last week I am experiencing significant symptom reduction but few to no die off effects. I had all symptoms and was feeling like crap before I started with MMS, but starting the MMS 2 weeks ago the only die off symptoms were feeling spaced out (severe brain fog) for 2 days. After that it was fine, while I kept improving and upping the dose.

    So, does it make sense that because of the unique properties of chlorine dioxide dealing with pathogens, that die off is in fact not to be expected?

    #75462

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Chris24 wrote: Thank you. That answers my question partially. Is it that the pathogens get seperated from the intestine wall by the antifungals and thus get in to the bloodstream?

    I could really use your knowledge on my follow up question aswell.

    I asked because i am on MMS to destroy the candida, and I’m trying to understand the mechanisms behind antifungals and MMS, to understand the difference.
    What the MMS (chlorine dioxide) does is take elektrons from pathogens (candida albicans) and destroying it by means of oxidation. I wonder if this eliminates the threat of the toxins getting in the bloodstream since they seem to be rendered harmless immediately through oxidation. As I understand it, the pathogen molucule just seizes to exist because of the loss of its elektrons. They get vaporized.

    This last week I am experiencing significant symptom reduction but few to no die off effects. I had all symptoms and was feeling like crap before I started with MMS, but starting the MMS 2 weeks ago the only die off symptoms were feeling spaced out (severe brain fog) for 2 days. After that it was fine, while I kept improving and upping the dose.

    So, does it make sense that because of the unique properties of chlorine dioxide dealing with pathogens, that die off is in fact not to be expected?

    In rare cases the pathogen itself reach the bloodstream. If this happens, you need to be hospitalized and given powerful IV antifungal drugs to avoid death.
    Don’t think about it because it happens in extreme cases when people are very immune suppressed.
    You can not avoid the toxins passing to the bloodstream as long as the fungus lives inside of your intestines. It is the metabolic wastes of candida what cause most problems to the health.
    Jorge.

    #75585

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    dvjorge wrote:

    In rare cases the pathogen itself reach the bloodstream. If this happens, you need to be hospitalized and given powerful IV antifungal drugs to avoid death.
    Don’t think about it because it happens in extreme cases when people are very immune suppressed.
    You can not avoid the toxins passing to the bloodstream as long as the fungus lives inside of your intestines. It is the metabolic wastes of candida what cause most problems to the health.
    Jorge.

    Then, if the pathogen gets vaporized by oxidation, will the toxins get vaporized aswell?

    #75616

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    dvjorge wrote:

    Thank you. That answers my question partially. Is it that the pathogens get seperated from the intestine wall by the antifungals and thus get in to the bloodstream?

    I could really use your knowledge on my follow up question aswell.

    I asked because i am on MMS to destroy the candida, and I’m trying to understand the mechanisms behind antifungals and MMS, to understand the difference.
    What the MMS (chlorine dioxide) does is take elektrons from pathogens (candida albicans) and destroying it by means of oxidation. I wonder if this eliminates the threat of the toxins getting in the bloodstream since they seem to be rendered harmless immediately through oxidation. As I understand it, the pathogen molucule just seizes to exist because of the loss of its elektrons. They get vaporized.

    This last week I am experiencing significant symptom reduction but few to no die off effects. I had all symptoms and was feeling like crap before I started with MMS, but starting the MMS 2 weeks ago the only die off symptoms were feeling spaced out (severe brain fog) for 2 days. After that it was fine, while I kept improving and upping the dose.

    So, does it make sense that because of the unique properties of chlorine dioxide dealing with pathogens, that die off is in fact not to be expected?

    In rare cases the pathogen itself reach the bloodstream. If this happens, you need to be hospitalized and given powerful IV antifungal drugs to avoid death.
    Don’t think about it because it happens in extreme cases when people are very immune suppressed.
    You can not avoid the toxins passing to the bloodstream as long as the fungus lives inside of your intestines. It is the metabolic wastes of candida what cause most problems to the health.

    Jorge.

    Jorge could you explain to me how I can teach my doctor that there is the possibility that candida is leaving the intestines affecting other areas like the brain, UT, etc. We talked here that the fungus shifts the shape and turns pathogen. I understood that but what I dont understand is that you say the pathogens in rare situations are reaching the bloodstream. Thats the same thing my doctor said and wished off my talk about Candida and all the sympthoms I have. He said if I have candida it will not spread around in the body and if it would do this this only can happen when it reaches the bloodstream but then I would not sit in front of him but being in the hospital fighting for my life. He said too that this is only watched in AIDS sick people and cancer sick people in the very last stages of their life, while dying.

    What do I miss here. How is the candida pathogene moving around in the body not using the bloodstream?

    cheers
    Thomas

    #75737

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Djorge???
    //Thomas

    #75749

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Thomas wrote: Djorge???
    //Thomas

    Thomas,
    I am sorry. I didn’t see your post until now.

    CRC is a mucosal overgrowth mostly affecting the gastrointestinal/genital area. This is this syndrome. I don’t know of any case of this syndrome who has died of fungemia.
    Fungemia only occur when the immune system is very depressed caused by some terminal illnesses or AIDS. Even today, it is rare with AIDS because the advance in the therapies.
    I don’t know where have you read that candida circulate in the blood freely. I believe some websites talking about this syndrome may mention that, but if you read all what you see or believe in then, you will end crazy. Please, rest in peace that if you aren’t in the list of those severely ill, you won’t have candida traveling in your blood. Your Dr is right, at least this time.
    Jorge.

    #75750

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Thomas wrote:
    What do I miss here. How is the candida pathogene moving around in the body not using the bloodstream?

    cheers
    Thomas

    If I understand correctly, its the toxins excreted from the candida that spread to our organs, not the candida pathogen.

    #75752

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    dvjorge wrote:

    Djorge???
    //Thomas

    Thomas,
    I am sorry. I didn’t see your post until now.

    CRC is a mucosal overgrowth mostly affecting the gastrointestinal/genital area. This is this syndrome. I don’t know of any case of this syndrome who has died of fungemia.
    Fungemia only occur when the immune system is very depressed caused by some terminal illnesses or AIDS. Even today, it is rare with AIDS because the advance in the therapies.
    I don’t know where have you read that candida circulate in the blood freely. I believe some websites talking about this syndrome may mention that, but if you read all what you see or believe in then, you will end crazy. Please, rest in peace that if you aren’t in the list of those severely ill, you won’t have candida traveling in your blood. Your Dr is right, at least this time.
    Jorge.

    Thanks Jorge,
    how is candida then affecting different areas? Like the intestines the urine track, and the brain? How is it spreading around?

    yours
    Thomas

    #75753

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Thomas wrote:

    Djorge???
    //Thomas

    Thomas,
    I am sorry. I didn’t see your post until now.

    CRC is a mucosal overgrowth mostly affecting the gastrointestinal/genital area. This is this syndrome. I don’t know of any case of this syndrome who has died of fungemia.
    Fungemia only occur when the immune system is very depressed caused by some terminal illnesses or AIDS. Even today, it is rare with AIDS because the advance in the therapies.
    I don’t know where have you read that candida circulate in the blood freely. I believe some websites talking about this syndrome may mention that, but if you read all what you see or believe in then, you will end crazy. Please, rest in peace that if you aren’t in the list of those severely ill, you won’t have candida traveling in your blood. Your Dr is right, at least this time.
    Jorge.

    Thanks Jorge,
    how is candida then affecting different areas? Like the intestines the urine track, and the brain? How is it spreading around?

    yours
    Thomas

    Genitourinary and intestinal are mucosal areas. What affect the brain isn’t candida but its metabolites.
    Jorge.

    #75756

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Thomas,
    I think you deserve a better explanation. Excuse me but sometimes I feel tired of the same.
    Candida mostly overgrowth in the intestines that is the place where the absorption process occur. So, all that is inside the intestines may cross the intestinal lining when it is reduced to the right side to do it. Candida metabolic wastes do it.
    Having an intestinal fungal overgrowth is the same of having a 24/7 fabric making more than 70 different toxins highly toxic for humans.
    Those toxins (candida metabolic wastes) are able to cross the epithelium and circulate in the blood intoxicating the brain, the thyroid, the adrenals, affecting the vision, the nervous system, etc. In fact, creating a chaos inside the body.

    This is candida related complex sometimes wrongly named systemic candida. It isn’t the fungus itself affecting all the body but is metabolites causing a chronic toxic state that don’t allow you to live a normal life.

    Eliminating the intestinal overgrowth, there won’t be more garbage (toxins) circulating in the blood, so the symptoms clear. One of the most destructive candida metabolites is mannan. Mannan is responsible for immune suppression avoiding that the immune system works cleaning other mucosal fungal focus such as the genitals, oral, scalp, etc.
    I hope it helps you understand better now.
    Jorge.

    #75786

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    dvjorge wrote: Thomas,
    I think you deserve a better explanation. Excuse me but sometimes I feel tired of the same.
    Candida mostly overgrowth in the intestines that is the place where the absorption process occur. So, all that is inside the intestines may cross the intestinal lining when it is reduced to the right side to do it. Candida metabolic wastes do it.
    Having an intestinal fungal overgrowth is the same of having a 24/7 fabric making more than 70 different toxins highly toxic for humans.
    Those toxins (candida metabolic wastes) are able to cross the epithelium and circulate in the blood intoxicating the brain, the thyroid, the adrenals, affecting the vision, the nervous system, etc. In fact, creating a chaos inside the body.

    This is candida related complex sometimes wrongly named systemic candida. It isn’t the fungus itself affecting all the body but is metabolites causing a chronic toxic state that don’t allow you to live a normal life.

    Eliminating the intestinal overgrowth, there won’t be more garbage (toxins) circulating in the blood, so the symptoms clear. One of the most destructive candida metabolites is mannan. Mannan is responsible for immune suppression avoiding that the immune system works cleaning other mucosal fungal focus such as the genitals, oral, scalp, etc.
    I hope it helps you understand better now.
    Jorge.

    Dear Jorge,
    thank you that you wrote the second letter. I understand that one can get tired of explaining. Now, I understood it. I hope I will have some more impact talking to my doctor. He is a hard nut to crack and if I am weak in one area he only rolls with his eyes. My knowledge was wrong before. I want to get deeper into understanding Candida. From all the books you know which one would your recommend?

    thanks
    Thomas

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How do antifungals work exactly?’ is closed to new replies.