How did you know when to ease off of the diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How did you know when to ease off of the diet?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

A quick overview of my story. Jan 2012 I was prescribed antibiotics for a throat infection and then quickly received complimentary nipple thrush while nursing my child. Lucky me. So battled that on and off for about 6 months. Then in Jan 2013 I got my first ever vaginal yeast infection. The only other candida symptoms I had were mood swings, poor memory, some eczema. So I started the candida diet 3 months ago. I’ve been feeling pretty good and am really happy with the diet changes. I’ve been thinking of seeing a Naturopath or holistic Dr who can test me to see if the Candida is still lurking inside me. Which tests are most accurate? How did you know when to reintroduce foods into your diet? Which foods did you start with?

I’m feeling good but I don’t want to jump off the deep end ya know? Any advice is appreciated.

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

Bumping this up in hopes of advice.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would start testing things on stage 2 or 3 of the diet. Try out some potatoes, grains, sugar, rice, etc. Eat some fruit.

You won’t be able to completely kill off the candida in the body because we need it to survive. If you killed it all you would be dead.

I tell most forum members to plan on a 6-18 month recovery.

I would check how your tongue looks before and after cheating and it should turn more white (oral thrush). This means you still have it. If any other symptoms return or you get an allergic reaction, this also means you have it in my opinion…

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

this is a very good question and am still trying to figure this out myself. I have been on some type of diet since Sept ’12. On January 1 went very strict (Able’s diet). Then in early Feb, cheated for the first time with a melon and blueberries all in one sitting. During the night I felt biting on my skin and was a bit itchy. Then, back on the strict diet (with Nystatin all the while), until last week when I cheated with a granny smith apple. Still a bit of biting, but no where near the Feb cheat. Tonight, I had my 2nd cheat this month – another granny smith apple. almost immediately I felt biting – but perhaps it is in my head. Seems to have gone away now, we’ll see during the night. I have literally been eating nothing but meat & veggies, everyday since Jan 1 – no grains for me. Just avocadoes, meat, salads, bone broth, lots of fish. I am at my wit’s end with this diet. Am trying to follow SCD/GAPS, and anti-candida principles all in one (so no grains, legumes, dairy) – oh, plus the anti-inflammatory diet – so no nuts either I’m allergic to a lot of things too, so that’s part of the reason. I just want fruit back, and then I would be happy. My tongue is clear, except for a patch in the back that can easily be brushed away, but then comes back. But it isn’t furry. So I would say, if you get weird sensations, your candida probably isn’t gone. And it takes a long time to go away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How did you know when to ease off of the diet?’ is closed to new replies.