How contagious is candida albicans to your partner?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How contagious is candida albicans to your partner?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jersey 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Can I pass on my infection to my girlfriend, and can she get so I’ll as I am/was? Systemic?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Candida albicans can be passed from one person to another through unprotected sex. Whether or not your girlfriend would get it, and whether or not her infestation would be as bad as yours would depend on her own health and immune system.

Able

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Warning: this response is mildly explicit.

Back when I was still eating gluten a few years ago, I got vaginal yeast infections more often (I think my overgrowth was more severe then), and a lot of them could be traced back to oral sex. I think the excess yeast in a partner’s mouth throws off the balance of natural flora in the vaginal area. I don’t know if the same thing is possible with oral thrush causing oral thrush in the other person? Maybe.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

this is interesting unfortunately i cant get my husband to follow the diet or protacol with me but i think he may have yeast imbalance also he gets sick often ,he eats a horrible diet full of sugar and carbs and he has thyroid problems ,im very scared for my daughter who is 18 months and has had 2 yeast infections ,i try to keep her on healthy diet but my hubby gives her junk and makes this impossible !so this is basically saying that if i cure my yeast issue i can get it back from my husband !!!!! if thats not frustrating enough to make me quit i dont know what is !i would like to have one more child one day also ,and there is no way i will get him to eat better .for my baby i give her proboitics and soon will give her kefir but she isnt on the diet we just limit sweets.theres nothing i can do about him he wont change !this makes me feel very hopeless !!!!

hope4eva77

i have also gotten yeast infections after oral and vaginal sex i never thought it could be passed like that !this has me really frustrated because i am in a position where i can only help myself and thats hard enough with temptation around at every corner of my house i cant seem to stick to the diet myself none the less get hubby to !

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Able900;33890 wrote:
    Candida albicans can be passed from one person to another through unprotected sex. Whether or not your girlfriend would get it, and whether or not her infestation would be as bad as yours would depend on her own health and immune system.

Able

Good info, thanks.

shayfo: Thanks for info, glad you’re straight forward with this! 🙂

Hope: Ask your husband if he is interested in your health and well-being and how e feels about getting you more sick.

hope4eva77

theres nothing i can do i tired to talk to him its pointless ,he cares about my health but he wont make an effort to even hide junk food from me ,i have to be strong and heal myself ,i cant worry bout him or him passing it back its just to much u know ,im really sick lately im trying to get my baby eating more my foods but since he watches her all day its hard cuz he gives her stuff and that wont change ether im going to start her on daily probiotics and keep telling him no sweets for her ! she is starting to get thrush on her tounge !

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve been passing my candida on to my wife very likely, but like your husband, she doesn’t have too many symptoms of being ill with it. It’s very much concerned me too, but are we supposed to stop kissing? What I try to do is brush my teeth really well (got an electric toothbrush) and take a dose of antifungals and this should remove some of the thrush in your mouth.

-raster

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

I’m convinced we can totally pass it on. If you message me I’ll tell you why- I’m not so comfortable as some of you guys putting my business out there, ha ha.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How contagious is candida albicans to your partner?’ is closed to new replies.