How Candida is ruining my life..:-(

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals How Candida is ruining my life..:-(

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fiore7777 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fiore7777
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi everybody,
    After so much reading I finally decided to write my first post.
    I’m an italian flight attendant and I’m 31 and I think this fungus is ruining my life.
    I’ve always been a bit ‘letargic’ in my activity expecially in the morning, but everything got worse when I was 23.
    I started with fever, sweating, oral thrush, confusion, extreme fatigue and so on..
    Doctors were clueless and they first thiught it was epstein-barr virus..
    After months I wasn’t getting any better and I’ve been hospitalised thinking it could have been an autoimmune disease.( I’ve got many relatives with autoimmune diseases)..
    They tested everything, and as nothing came back positive they said I was depressed and put me on medications for it.
    But I knew something was wrong with me, and even the medication didn’t help…
    After many months of almost eating anything( didn’t have appetite), I finally started to feel normal again.
    I decided to move on and started eating normally but after 1 year and half it happened again.
    I started thinking it could have been HIV, and started thinking about candida for the first time but never thought that a fungus can ruin your life this way!
    I didn’t find any helpful doctor, and everybody says it’s in my mind and so on.
    I had to quit my job, and I wad desperately bedbound most of the time.
    I was scared about food that I started refusing everything( I had no appetite), and after 8/9 months and -22 kgs I started feeling better again I guess because All the candida’s hyphaes were dead again..
    I started realising that the problem was my gut, so got tested for chrons and UC but there are no ulcers, even if the biopsy says that in my colon there is a infiltration in the sub-mucosa.
    Finally after so many years I started looking in the right direction, about the microbiome.
    Started taking the vsl#3 probiotics and I immediately noticed improvements.
    Taking them daily I survived almost 4 years without any big relapse.
    But because most of the fibers were making me itchy, bloated, I never reintroduced them in my diet.
    I was eating all proteins, rice and rice cakes, some potatoes and so many chocolates because I wanted to gain some weight..
    biggest mistake because apparently I created a state of dysbios in my gut and candida came back in May with oral thrush and all his unimaginable symptoms.
    I cut all carbs, and tried to take fluconazol, but felt horrible with what I understood after so many years is die off..
    And even my beloved vsl3 were making me feel so sick..
    Tried to stick with the diet, but all vegetables( brussel sprouts, broccoli, fennel, etc ) are causing me a really bad die off.
    I get depression, anxiety, tingling everywhere, itching, fatigue, wheezing etc..
    I can only tolerate iceberg salad and radicchio…
    And know I don’t know how to cope with this, because even if I understood the root of the problem it makes your life miserable because no doctors were really able to tell me I have candida, even If at least I have got tested positive for dysbiosis in the gut, and he prescribed me a kind of paleo diet.
    No carbs, but all the vegetables that are good for the diet but that make me feel bad for die off..
    how to survive this?
    I’m so desperate 🙁

PS: sorry for my english

fiore7777
    Participant

Thanks for your reply dml000..
    I’ll have a look..

PS I reported your reply by mistake..
    So sorry 🙁

Go to equilibrium nutrition.com and they have a Candida & Bacterial Protocol. Also, check out his podcasts!
    I am on week 6 now and getting better!

Sunnydays
    Participant
    Topics: 3

Hello fiore7777! I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time. I have the same problem and my question is what do you eat in one day? I can only eat salad, eggs and chicken. It is so hard to reach at least 1,000 calories a day without eating too much protein. Thank you so much.

fiore7777
    Participant

Hello fiore7777! I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time. I have the same problem and my question is what do you eat in one day? I can only eat salad, eggs and chicken. It is so hard to reach at least 1,000 calories a day without eating too much protein. Thank you so much.

Hello SUnnyday108,
    It’s not the first time that is happening to me, and like you said I can only tolerate chicken, eggs, fish for now.
    I’ve tried to take antifungals, natural antifungals, probiotics..
    But even the easiest of the antifungal foods gives me really bad die off 🙁
    This happens till my trush goes away..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.