How can eliminate mold on almonds??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How can eliminate mold on almonds??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kodaz2005 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

I love almonds. I eat more and less 8 to 12 almonds per day. I soak it for 8 hours in water with lemon juice to kill any mold. Is that healthy?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’m not sure if you can remove the mold off nuts or if it even matters. I’m not totally convinced that mold can feed candida. However the thing to be concerned with nuts is that they are hard to digest. So soaking and dehydrating is recommended. Here’s a link to they way I do it. Crispy/dehydrated/soaked nuts fresh and warm right out of the oven is one of the best treats I can have on my diet.

http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2012/07/soaking-seeds-and-nuts-better-digestion.html

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

It is very beneficial to soak your almonds as it reduces phytic acid which makes them harder to digest.

Best way to soak is put the almonds into a jar that will hold twice the volume of the almonds (they will swell to twice their size). Cover the nuts with warm water & let them soak for 12 hours. Empty the water out, add one teaspoon of salt per quart of almonds (presoaked weight). Fill with warm water again & let soak for another 8 hours. Rinse, drain & then dehydrate in your oven on the lowest setting until they have dried out. Then you can either eat them raw of roast them.

The dehydrator/oven will kill any mold

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Healhy;41349 wrote: I love almonds. I eat more and less 8 to 12 almonds per day. I soak it for 8 hours in water with lemon juice to kill any mold. Is that healthy?

Hi Healthy,

I agree with Mrs Candida. I went about 3 months into the diet without eating any almonds. I decided to give them a try as I love them as well. I soaked them for 12 hours and then baked them, but I also have trouble digesting them.

At this point, I personally am opting to avoid them. If you are only eating 8-12 per day it might not be that much of an issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How can eliminate mold on almonds??’ is closed to new replies.