How can a child go through this treatment?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How can a child go through this treatment?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

helpforfriend
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello all, I am currently going through the diet as, what I consider, a very mild sufferer of the effects of Candida. I am having great success and understand the role that diet plays on this. A friend of mine has a 3 yr old who was just diagnosed with Candida. He has severe food and environmental allergies which mostly manifest as severe skin lesions and hives. They’ve had him tested numerous times for allergies, and of course have discovered he was allergic to everything, including most food. I told her about Candida and it wasn’t until they requested a Candida test (no, it wasn’t offered) from a top allergist that they learned what the root of the problem was. I’m trying to give her hope knowing how successful a diet change can be in cases of Candida. However, being 3, as you can imagine, he is a very picky eater. Not to mention he’s allergic to most everything he eats. The allergist prescribed a 30 nystatin treatment, probiotics and told them he could continue eating potatoes and rice and fruits. This was a red flag to me thinking that a traditional M.D. was not going to give them the advice and diet based treatment that the little guy is going to need to get over this. Now, it may be the case that this is the only thing the little guy will eat, in which case, perhaps it’s lesser of two evils (?)

Do any of you have any advice I can pass on to her about how to approach treatment for a child? I am thinking that she should seek out a naturopath or dietician that is experienced in Candida. Do any of you have experience with this?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, welcome to the forum.

There’s already a post on the forum which addresses this problem.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm23229_Children-and-Candida.aspx#post23229

Let us know if you have questions.
    Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘How can a child go through this treatment?’ is closed to new replies.