How bad did I screw up?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How bad did I screw up?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  salexander 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

francescamarie717
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Okay I’m just wondering how bad did I screw up my candida diet:

I’ve been on the diet for a little over a week. I’ve been sooo sooo soo incredibly successful- eating zero sugars, zero carbs, zero dairy etc etc.

Today I went out to eat with my girlfriend and she insisted on getting Thai food, so trying to be as careful as possible I order brown rice and a veggie dish with chicken. Of course the veggies and chicken stir fry was covered in their brown mild sauce. I couldn’t tell you how much sugar was in the sauce or if there was any MSG but I can tell you I was so scared that I only ate 1/4 of the meal. Afterwards I ate a SMALLLL bite of dark chocolate.

Now I’m not sure if its my guilt or anxiety but my stomach is gurgling and I’m feel gassy.

So I’m wondering how bad did I set myself back? I knew what I was doing when I ate the bite of chocolate but I told myself a tiny bite wouldn’t kill me and as far as the Thai food goes I tried my hardest to not feed the candida that much.
    but someone tell me- how much did I screw up?

Rachie2712
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 13

I wouldn’t stress too much about it! I have been doing the diet for just over a week and had some chocolate last week. I beat myself up about it, but there isn’t much you can do about it but stick to it now and don’t do it again. Tomorrows a new day 🙂

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Dont stress about diet. Stress and guilt can mess you up worse than food.

The sugar in the sauce probably is causing you problems. it will pass.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

francescamarie717 wrote: Okay I’m just wondering how bad did I screw up my candida diet:

I’ve been on the diet for a little over a week. I’ve been sooo sooo soo incredibly successful- eating zero sugars, zero carbs, zero dairy etc etc.

Today I went out to eat with my girlfriend and she insisted on getting Thai food, so trying to be as careful as possible I order brown rice and a veggie dish with chicken. Of course the veggies and chicken stir fry was covered in their brown mild sauce. I couldn’t tell you how much sugar was in the sauce or if there was any MSG but I can tell you I was so scared that I only ate 1/4 of the meal. Afterwards I ate a SMALLLL bite of dark chocolate.

Now I’m not sure if its my guilt or anxiety but my stomach is gurgling and I’m feel gassy.

So I’m wondering how bad did I set myself back? I knew what I was doing when I ate the bite of chocolate but I told myself a tiny bite wouldn’t kill me and as far as the Thai food goes I tried my hardest to not feed the candida that much.
    but someone tell me- how much did I screw up?

Able don’t read this….
    FYI: Men just don’t get how bad we need chocolate. I buy Green & Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate 85% Dark Chocolate with 8g of sugar per 2.5 squares. I will break a square in 1/2 or 1/4 for a treat when I just can’t stand it….There is another brand I will get that is even higher in % of chocolate and lower in sugar but I don’t have it at home to tell you the brand.

Hang in there. I ask resturants to prepare my food w/o rice, pasta etc. They usualy do a very nice job. Just tell them you have a food allergy. They want to help.

Good luck.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just continue back on the diet and try to learn from your mistake…

-raster

Rebecca
    Replies: 6

Do you know, I think US food is higher in sugar than UK food. Over in the UK we get Green and Black’s 85% chocolate and it only has 13.8g of sugar in the whole of the 100g block. So you can have a couple of squares and hardly need to feel guilty at all as dark choc is a prebiotic (although obviously the caffeine is not recommended for candida so you should go easy on the strict part of the diet).

Also Able told me that Activia is high in sugar at 12.something grams per pot and yet over here in the UK it is only 6g per pot, making it one of the lowest sugar brands available… I think you may be getting a rough deal USA folk!

francescamarie717
    Replies: 1

Chocolate is my weakness but I’m fighting through it one day at a time 🙂

salexander
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 32

Rebecca wrote: Do you know, I think US food is higher in sugar than UK food. Over in the UK we get Green and Black’s 85% chocolate and it only has 13.8g of sugar in the whole of the 100g block. So you can have a couple of squares and hardly need to feel guilty at all as dark choc is a prebiotic (although obviously the caffeine is not recommended for candida so you should go easy on the strict part of the diet).

Also Able told me that Activia is high in sugar at 12.something grams per pot and yet over here in the UK it is only 6g per pot, making it one of the lowest sugar brands available… I think you may be getting a rough deal USA folk!

There is no doubt that the food industry here in the US is screwed up! :p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How bad did I screw up?’ is closed to new replies.