How Accurate is Candida Testing?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How Accurate is Candida Testing?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  M 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sassybella19
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 13

How Accurate is Candida Testing? Which are the best tests to get? Should we go through an allergist or some other way? I read posts on here every day & am thinking I might be confusing my symptoms for something else. I took a hair analysis test & it says I have yeast overgrowth. Are those hair tests accurate? My only real symptoms are chronic dyshidrotic eczema & slight/moderate brain fog.

Able, raster, djorge, anyone?

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is a few tests you can take. The one we recommend is called the candida immune complex test with genova diagnostics. Additionally, they have a stool test we have mentioned as well (I believe its called the candida stool effects test).

Then there is an allergy test you can do to determine whether you are allergic to candida or not. Not everyone who has candida is allergic to it.

-raster

sassybella19
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 13

Thanks for responding so promptly!

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Is the Genova Diagnostics test expensive? And how reliable is it? I’ve found a place that does the test in my current location and was wondering whether it would be worth taking or not.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Bumping.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How Accurate is Candida Testing?’ is closed to new replies.