HOT Spicy Greasy & Salty Noodles *Phase 1*

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner HOT Spicy Greasy & Salty Noodles *Phase 1*

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mission2health 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I was really missing my scrumptious asian foods. I had to buy all the ingredients from the store. The noodles are quite pricey so soon I will have to make them myself. 🙂

This recipe can take as little as 10 minutes.

* Half pack of 100% Whole Buckwheat Soba (Eden Selected)
    * Eden Selected Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
    * Sesame seeds (Eden Organic- Gomasio)
    * 1 head of broccoli
    * Red pepper flakes
    * Himalayan Salt

Put the noodles in boiling hot water for 8 minutes. While you are doing this, cut up the broccoli and steam for 7 minutes. Drain the noodles and add the broccoli. Mix in some pours of The Hot Pepper Sesame Oil with the noodles. Put a drop or two on the broccoli, as it absorbs the flavor nicely. Sprinkle hot peppers and salt to taste.

The finished result is nice and spicy and greasy from the Oil, in that tasty tasty way.

fixme
    Participant

The red pepper sesame oil with sesame seeds are even wonderful on vegetables too (makes me want to eat them!) and will try on my eggs soon 🙂 It’s SO good

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

i’m sure you checked, but be careful when buying toasted sesame chili oil. a lot of it is cut with canola oil or corn oil to keep it cheap, and those aren’t allowed on phase 1 of the diet. also, soba noodles often contain wheat flour in addition to buckwheat flour, so it’s worth reading the label to make sure it’s pure buckwheat.

that sounds super delicious though 🙂 i’ve been making a bunch of food with toasted sesame oil lately, so good.

fixme
    Participant

shayfo;33294 wrote: i’m sure you checked, but be careful when buying toasted sesame chili oil. a lot of it is cut with canola oil or corn oil to keep it cheap, and those aren’t allowed on phase 1 of the diet. also, soba noodles often contain wheat flour in addition to buckwheat flour, so it’s worth reading the label to make sure it’s pure buckwheat.

that sounds super delicious though 🙂 i’ve been making a bunch of food with toasted sesame oil lately, so good.

They would have to list it on the ingredients though, right? I Unless the canola is laced (hope not) it only has 2 ingredients. It’s a product of Japan. I know what you mean on the buckwheat noodles.. had to splurge on the $8 pure buckwheat. Was worth it 🙂

shayfo

yeah, it should be listed. a friend from china told me to never buy food products from china because they’re often adulterated and not labeled as such, so it’s hard to know what you’re getting. he said japan and thailand are much better about that, if you’re buying asian products.

once i reintroduce buckwheat, i’m definitely getting some soba noodles. yum.

fixme
    Participant

Good to know. You should try the oil if you like spicy. It works on everything

shayfo

I will take a look at what’s available when I run out of my bottle of toasted sesame oil. I have chili oil, but it’s corn-based, so I’ve just been using chili flakes and ground chilis for the time being. I miss Asian food, too!

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

If you guys want a quality brand of 100% organic buckwheat soba at the cheapest price I have seen check this brand out: http://www.celiac.com/glutenfreemall/king-soba-organic-buckwheat-glutenfree-noodles-p-1964.html

mission2health
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 11

Thanks for this recipe fixme!

My mods:

1. finely slice in food processor a variety of veg eg. celery, bok choy, radish etc.
    2. sautee veg in coconut oil and sesame oil, with garlic, coconut aminos and red pepper flakes for seasoning
    3. when veg are softened but still crunchy add chicken stock (see homemade bone broth recipe) and quickly bring to boil
    4. Spoon veggies and broth on top of rinsed and drained buckwheat noodles
    5. (options) Add a poached egg/softboiled egg, and sheet of “seasnax” chipotle seaweed to the bowl

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HOT Spicy Greasy & Salty Noodles *Phase 1*’ is closed to new replies.