Hot Sauce on Eggs?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Hot Sauce on Eggs?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kristyreal 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Hi all, I’m on stage1. Just curious, is there any type of organic hot sauce or anything that is allowed to put on eggs? If not any suggestions on what to do to spice up some organic eggs? Wishful thinking.

Appreciate the help as I am a single bachelor and can’t cook to save my life.

Mike

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hot spices are not recommended because they cause mucus production. Mucus can protect the candida and this is why it should be avoided.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Mike, you may want to read the information about peppers that I just posted.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm8144_Hot-Peppers.aspx#post8144

Able

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Well that’s good news!! Think I’ll have some jalapenos myself as well with eggs lol.

paco
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I should have answered this sooner, sorry about that. This is what I have found. there is a brand of hot sauce called “Tapatio” I found it in a grocery store which caters to Hispanic people. It looks like a tabasco sauce. Its’ ingredients are; water, red peppers, salt garlic acetic acid, xanathan gum, and sodiam benzoate as a preservative. You can also use crushed red pepper flakes which happen to also be cayenne pepper when it ground into a powder. The best value price wise can also be purchased in the same store and is available in large 12oz containers cheaply. If you sprinkle it on food its good, but if you really want to bring out its’ flavor while dialing up the heat, cook with it. It seems that the sooner you add it to your pan the more intense the heat is. I like to vary how I use it just to change flavors.

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

Thanks! I’ve been wanting to add some spice to my diet. I’m just beginning week 4 on the Candida Diet! 🙂

jakecaresforu459
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

Kots wrote: Well that’s good news!! Think I’ll have some jalapenos myself as well with eggs lol.

You just can’t do that buddy. Chillies usually cause mucus production. Mucus can protect the candida and this is why it should be avoided.

kristyreal
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

I have to disagree about the mucous production caused by chilis. Hot peppers are commonly used to thin excess mucous in the throat just as ginger is. I would think that hot sauce with it’s corn derived distilled vinegar, food additives and preservatives would be out of the question, but fresh sliced hot peppers cooked in food has to be another thing entirely. Unless there is a food sensitivity or allergy to peppers, I say eat as many fresh ones as you like.

For the original poster: saute onions and peppers in a little organic coconut oil before adding scrambled eggs to it. It makes eggs much more exciting – you can decide if you want your peppers to be bell or hot or both. You can really saute any veg before adding scrambled eggs to the pan and it is wonderful……spinach and asparagus are two of my favorites. You can also fry eggs or poach them and then use them to top salads, using the runny yolks as supplemental dressing. Fried eggs on top of quinoa pilaf* is a great meal, too. *Saute diced onions, garlic, peppers and celery in coconut oil until clear and then add quinoa and water. Cook until tender according to directions. The only hard part is making sure all veg is cut in about the same size pieces, but that gets easier with practice. To improve the flavor of veggies, try roasting them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekVJJLeJeuU You’ll find tons of helpful cooking videos on youtube…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hot Sauce on Eggs?’ is closed to new replies.