Horrible Allergies!!! Help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Horrible Allergies!!! Help!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

cpaoli17
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

So I’m pretty new to the Candida diet but have been doing the Paleo diet for almost 4 months with good success as far as digestion/gas/bloating. I’ve not been diagnosed by a dr or had blood work done, but I have all the major symptoms on Candida and believe that’s what I’m struggling with. Recently I started taking a coconut kefir probiotic and have been eating a lot of garlic and coconut oil and was wondering if that could be possibly being caused by sinus allergies, sluggishness and brain fog. It’s been so bad the past few days that I finally had to take an antihistamine. I mean, it’s like I have a horrendous sinus cold. ugh! this sucks! Please help!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Allergies can be induced by adrenal fatigue. High doses of vitamin C are recommended in this case. And also some rest. Antihistamines are a good way to block allergies, but if it doesn’t get better some steroids might be a good idea.
    If the brain fog is too disturbing, lessen the amount of antifungals.

Vegan Catlady
    Replies: 626

cpaoli17;54946 wrote: So I’m pretty new to the Candida diet but have been doing the Paleo diet for almost 4 months with good success as far as digestion/gas/bloating. I’ve not been diagnosed by a dr or had blood work done, but I have all the major symptoms on Candida and believe that’s what I’m struggling with. Recently I started taking a coconut kefir probiotic and have been eating a lot of garlic and coconut oil and was wondering if that could be possibly being caused by sinus allergies, sluggishness and brain fog. It’s been so bad the past few days that I finally had to take an antihistamine. I mean, it’s like I have a horrendous sinus cold. ugh! this sucks! Please help!

You recently started taking probiotics and antifungals, which cause the brain fog/die off.

I might add that Dr Morse would say that it sounds like you are moving your lymph through diet, garlic moves it too, and any time you move lymph that has been stagnant (swollen lymph nodes, headaches in the back of your head,acne,ect) its common to have flu-like symptoms.
    He says when you suddenly start getting congested and/or snotty, celebrate! Your moving your lymph!
    Here are a few sites that talk about lymphatic drainage, but I dont subscribe to the sites…I just liked the descriptions.

http://internalharmony.com/articles/14/Lymphatic-System-What-is-it.html

https://yogainternational.com/article/view/5-natural-ways-to-relieve-lymphatic-congestion

To understand the lymph system better, I DO subscribe to Dr Morse and watch his vids 🙂

cpaoli17

Thanks for the responses. I think I’ve been over doing it. Truth be told, I’ve been eating three large garlic cloves a day, coconut oil and probiotics. I also recently started body brushing and the website you mentioned Cat say that it will promote lymph flow. I guess I’ll be backing off and “practicing” moderation. Although moderation is elusive to this kid.

And Chosen one, I do think that I have adrenal fatigue as well. I had quit drinking caffeine almost 4 months ago, then about 1 month ago I fell off the wagon because it raises my mood and productivity and man did I pay for it. It worked for about a week but my caffeine intake went up because it took more and more. When I finally quit, I crashed. Of course. And now I’m trying to lower my stress, incorporate more rest (as you suggested) and started taking some other natural ingredients for adrenal support (Licorice Root, Eleuthero Root, Fresh Devil’s Club Root Bark,Fresh Dandelion Root, Sarsaparilla Root and Fresh Ginger Root). What do they say, “two steps forward, and one step back”? Trudging the road to happy destiny!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Replies: 410

cpaoli17;54958 wrote: And Chosen one, I do think that I have adrenal fatigue as well.

Join the club! 😉 Another way to fix this is to take extra cortisol hormones. I’ve never tried this, so I don’t know how far this can help you.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

TheChosenOne;54959 wrote:

And Chosen one, I do think that I have adrenal fatigue as well.

Join the club! 😉 Another way to fix this is to take extra cortisol hormones. I’ve never tried this, so I don’t know how far this can help you.

This will exacerbate any gut infections if taken orally and is not recommended for this reason. Vit C works great as an adrenal supplement, immune booster, AND antihistamine. B5 is a hormone precursor and also helps boost adrenal function as well as reduce die off symptoms, some of which you described. Quercitin is an excellent natural antihistamine/anti-inflammatory and a powerful antioxidant as well.

cpaoli17

I’m taking 3k mg of vit c, a B complex and Quercitin and I’m still dying over here. I’ll back off the anti-fungals and see what happens. You think I should back off the probiotics too?

Vegan Catlady

When I had really bad die-off (this was from garlic only at the time!) I didnt know what was happening to me, I thought I was dying. It was pretty bad the next day too, but not as bad. little by little it got better.

This isnt going to last, you will level-off soon if you back off the antifungals and go slow (Lisa from The Candida Diet says this in one of her articles).
    If its possible to take a day off and spend it in bed, I would if I were you. Just to relax.

Whatever you do, whenever you are taking large amounts of anything, like vitamin C, dont just stop taking it.
    Lower the doses and wean off them.
    I dont see why you cant take a day off the probiotic as well (Lisa of The Candida Diet recommends it).

Instead of supplements, do teas. Like chamomile, calendula, lemon balm, Sleepytime decaf green Tea blackberry pomegranate is naturally a very gentle antifungal, Yogi Chai Rooibos is a gentle antifungal tea.
    Gentle is key here, so that you continue to move forward but give your poor bod a break from toxin release.
    Go light on meat, light on fats. Just for a day or two. Protein makes the kidneys work harder,fat works the liver, and you want these two organs rested and working their best to get rid of the toxins that float around your system after taking antifungals.

I think your choice in doing coconut oil and garlic is excellent (those were my choices as well) but taking a break from them wont hurt you.

Hope you feel better <3

cpaoli17

Wow! I feel great today! I’m not sure if the fog has lifted or I just got enough rest. But man what a difference a day makes! I feel great physically, emotionally and mentally. My concentration, focus and memory are back like I haven’t experienced…….EVER! I must be dreaming. I think it was a combination of rest and die off subsiding. I do still feel like adrenal fatigue is a big one for me and will be getting plenty of rest and avoid caffeine. Man I hope this lasts! Thanks everyone for your input.

cpaoli17

So I forgot to mention something the day before yesterday. I also didn’t use my body brush and I didn’t think that would have anything to do with my feeling better. Then last night, I used by brush and that night and today, my allergies are back. Not quite as bad, but noticeable. Is using that brush really activating my lymph like I think it is? If I continue to use it, will the allergic reaction eventually go away?

Vegan Catlady

cpaoli17;55021 wrote: So I forgot to mention something the day before yesterday. I also didn’t use my body brush and I didn’t think that would have anything to do with my feeling better. Then last night, I used by brush and that night and today, my allergies are back. Not quite as bad, but noticeable. Is using that brush really activating my lymph like I think it is? If I continue to use it, will the allergic reaction eventually go away?

I cant say whether or not the allergic reaction will go away, but moving your lymph is one of the most quality-of-life saving things we can do.

The lymph system is the sewer-system of the body. It carries all the cellular waste to the kidneys to be filtered.

If your kidneys are not filtering so great, the waste backs up. If the lymph is congested, it will eventually harden up, and that takes longer to remedy, so we want to avoid that.

My personal suggestion is to consider that you might have some acidosis going on.
    99% of sick people do.
    Its caused by diet and stress, so its not uncommon and can be fixed.

I wouldnt continue brushing unless you implement your diet with some kidney-supporting teas/tinctures. Do some detox teas that say they are for kidneys and liver,
    then go back to brushing a week from then.

Thats what Id do 🙂 <3

cpaoli17

I’ve been taking Flunisolide (corticosteroid nasal spray) for my allergies for years and read information here and there that it “might” affects Candida. I haven’t been taking it for months until just recently and I had a horrible flare up last night and this morning. I’m not sure if it’s attributed to the flunisolide or maybe lack of sleep, stress, etc. The only abnormalities outside of my normal diet were a 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts and a half cup of walnuts last night. Disclaimer: These were packaged nuts in the backing section of Walmart and they did say they could be cross contaminated with peanuts, gluten and soy. I think my light bulb just went off. Do cross contaminated products really have that affect? I figured it would be minor and wouldn’t affect me. But my stomach has been telling me that my symptoms have been getting worse before the nuts lasts night. Is it possibly both nuts and nasal spray?

Vegan Catlady

Im more inclined to think the nasal spray and stress combination, as walnuts are often on the “okay” candida foods list. Macadamias,I dont know…but if you were feeling iffy the day before, you might consider the combo of stress+lack of sleep+meds to be a culprit.

I have only been treating my candida since the beginning of the year (January) and it took me a while to figure out that I cant just treat symptoms, I have to treat the whole body – mental, physical AND emotional.
    Otherwise, a stressed system will never do what it was designed to do, which is get rid of the candida on it own.

If you google, you will find lots of natural alternatives to allergy meds.

Not sure if your allergies are triggered by what you breathe-in (nasal steroids can be for a few things) but if this is the case, I read where some people apply some coconut oil to the outside of the nostrils in place of a spray, and they get relief ( the antibacterial oil seems to glue the allergy triggers before they get inhaled).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Nuts are high in molds and benefit the yeast, so its likely the nuts. If you soak them first, then this should remove mold of the molds.

-raster

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Horrible Allergies!!! Help!’ is closed to new replies.