Hope is all but gone and now all that's left is faith

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hope is all but gone and now all that's left is faith

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

mork
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 23

Hi everyone..

I believed I have a raging candida infection,
    My symtoms are as follows
    Anxiety is by far the worst
    Then CHRONIC fatigue
    Then brain fog
    Sensitive to light and dry itchy eyes
    And in the last year my bones have deteriorated and I suffer with them everyday
    Bare in mind I’m 23, first my left shoulder started to click and pop then right shoulder, then upper back and now sternum (very inflamed) 🙁
    Depression to the point of suicidal thoughts (recently) hence me writing this post
    I used to cope by going out and getting drunk with friends, now I can’t tolerate alcohol at all and my anxiety doesn’t go away when I drink anymore
    Have very itchy sores inbetween toes and a rash on arms sometimes
    Also lots of flem in morning

Obviously this did not come on all at once and have been ignoring it for some years now, and bottling up anxiety.. And it has all started to get on top of me, I need to take action, Iv been waking up and crying before work most mornings recently 🙁

I seen the book advertised on the candida diet website ‘ultimate candida diet’ is this any good? I have tried to start diets many times and just crash and burn within the first 48hr. I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help me out? I can’t think straight for a long enough period of time to create a diet plan

Sorry if this is set out all over the place. I’m all over the place.
    And was once a very clever confident individual. The old me seems so very distant

Thanks for reading if you did

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend consulting a good naturopath for the best plan to get better faster. For anxiety, you need fatty acids to help protect your brain. A good one that should in general give you a good boost is flax seed oil (with lignens).

We are here to help but a good diet is necessary for long term health.

-raster

mork

Thanks for the reply raster! I’m afraid iv been to see a few ‘naturopaths’ and they all seem to like to take your money but don’t really give any good information. Seem to know nothing about candida? And just tell me to follow a healthy diet but keeping white potatoes honey fruit all vegetables etc etc.. I’m from the uk. So if there’s anyone on here who could point me in the right direction to a good naturopath? Also no support from my gp. He tells me ‘it’s all in my head’ SO frustrating. No one seems to believe me, even family

Blahhhhh

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

First thing I want to say is that you need to know that getting better is a commitment that could last 8-12 months, and that would be normal.
    Sometimes it takes longer, and rarely you get better faster, and by accepting and knowing this,
    you will release a little anxiety of wondering if your efforts are working.

Wondering and waiting is the worst….but knowing the time-frame will help you quantify your healing journey,so that your not going crazy wondering if your getting better or not.

While your looking for an ND,address your adrenals. No one EVER said “gee,I wish I hadnt given my adrenals support”, its *that* important.
    Many people here can offer advice on doing that, Im thinking of starting a thread on it if it hasnt been done already.

Start following The Candida Diet right now by going through the food list, and following as much of it as you can.
    You dont have to be perfect, and as you begin feeling relief, you will WANT to follow it more strictly because you will have the positive reinforcement of feeling good 😉

I do not follow it exactly, I had to modify it. You can too. When you begin to feel relief, little things like anxiety-reduction, a day without itchy eyes, and the ability to make decisions easier will motivate you to take next-steps.

Dont freak out, this is do-able. I promise.
    Finging a naturopathic doc will be helpful, but you can begin this NOW and get a jump-start.

Go through some of the candida-stories and advice-threads, find those you resonate with, and it might inspire a more relaxed perspective.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

mork;55959 wrote: Hi everyone..

I believed I have a raging candida infection,
    My symtoms are as follows
    Anxiety is by far the worst
    Then CHRONIC fatigue
    Then brain fog
    Sensitive to light and dry itchy eyes
    And in the last year my bones have deteriorated and I suffer with them everyday
    Bare in mind I’m 23, first my left shoulder started to click and pop then right shoulder, then upper back and now sternum (very inflamed) 🙁
    Depression to the point of suicidal thoughts (recently) hence me writing this post
    I used to cope by going out and getting drunk with friends, now I can’t tolerate alcohol at all and my anxiety doesn’t go away when I drink anymore
    Have very itchy sores inbetween toes and a rash on arms sometimes
    Also lots of flem in morning

Obviously this did not come on all at once and have been ignoring it for some years now, and bottling up anxiety.. And it has all started to get on top of me, I need to take action, Iv been waking up and crying before work most mornings recently 🙁

I seen the book advertised on the candida diet website ‘ultimate candida diet’ is this any good? I have tried to start diets many times and just crash and burn within the first 48hr. I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help me out? I can’t think straight for a long enough period of time to create a diet plan

Sorry if this is set out all over the place. I’m all over the place.
    And was once a very clever confident individual. The old me seems so very distant

Thanks for reading if you did

Mork,

How long have you have these symptoms?
    Do you have an idea how this happened (e.g anti-biotics, mercury, etc.)???

I myself was 23 when my urologist prescribed me 21 days of Levofloxacin (Levaquin) plus two more months of 2 other broad spectrum anti-biotics (about 60 ABX pills total in 3 months!!!). I went from a perfectly healthy young man to developing IBS, allergies, skin conditions, chemical sensitivities, food intolerances, etc. Initially, I also tried my best to ignore the problem for years until I felt like I was dying.

You clearly have chronic inflammation + dysbiosis but knowing why this happened is important for your recovery path. Diet is a must for any protocol so research a good candida diet, Raster even has a forum diet. Diet alone with not cure you but will bring results.

Let us know your history and we will try to help.

-D

mork

Hi Danny thanks for the reply 🙂 it all started when I was about 16 I was given anti biotics for acne lots of them too 🙁 wish I never took them!!! The first sign was white tongue and bad breath which Inturn brought on anxiety about my breath, now I can barely function because of my anxiety. Full blown disorder now no doubt

I also have a very active job which I get stressed about when I think about the diet as I see lots of people having low energy? I can’t lose my job or there is no funds to get better

I feel stuck! I also feel like I’m dying. Litterally I’m expecting my body to give up soon don’t know how much more it dan handle

Again is the ‘ultimate candida diet’ book any good? And if someone could link me rasters diet that would be great

Also have a mouth full if mercury fillings from when I was younger which I suspect add to the problem

Mork

Edit: Thankyou vegan cat lady for your reply and kind words

Vegan Catlady

mork;55974 wrote:
    Mork

Your panicked-words triggered me, I remember feeling that way.

Im sure the Candida Diet book is great but there is definitely enough on Lisa’s website to get you started without needing the book asap.

Basically your going to change eating habits enough to slow the candida-growth.
    Then you are going to introduce light antifungals to begin getting rid of overgrowth.

People disagree on whether to hit this hard or gently, my experience is that my candida actually became worse when I was aggressive with treatment,as I think it went from yeast-overgrowth to fungus setting roots down.

I encourage a slower, more benign route but again thats just because of my experience.

When you are confident enough that the over-growth was addressed, you begin re-populating the gut with good bacteria.

Even that has many different ways to go about it, not everyone agrees, but by the time you need to handle that you will be more in-tune with what works and doesnt for you.

I think because so many people here have different reasons why the candida went crazy that it is overwhelming to think all of things are YOUR particular problem.
    They are not. But some might be, and when you address what your particular issue is, its going to flow much more smoothly.

I dont have the money or the time to take a bunch of tests, have fillings pulled, try different products, buy a bunch of food that is so gross I would rather starve than eat it,lol.
    This is why an ND can be helpful, or lots of research on your personal history, but if you try everything encouraged on this forum you will go broke and crazy…I know :/

Danny33

mork;55974 wrote: Hi Danny thanks for the reply 🙂 it all started when I was about 16 I was given anti biotics for acne lots of them too 🙁 wish I never took them!!! The first sign was white tongue and bad breath which Inturn brought on anxiety about my breath, now I can barely function because of my anxiety. Full blown disorder now no doubt

I also have a very active job which I get stressed about when I think about the diet as I see lots of people having low energy? I can’t lose my job or there is no funds to get better

I feel stuck! I also feel like I’m dying. Litterally I’m expecting my body to give up soon don’t know how much more it dan handle

Again is the ‘ultimate candida diet’ book any good? And if someone could link me rasters diet that would be great

Also have a mouth full if mercury fillings from when I was younger which I suspect add to the problem

Mork

Anti-biotics + dental amalgams are two big red flags.

The book is not needed but order if you wish. I have not read that myself.
    If you’re looking for diet/recipe stuff, this website and forum has more then enough info.
    My favorite book so far is “The Yeast Syndrome” by John Trowbridge, it has an insane amount of information regarding Candidiasis.

You need to address your dysbiosis + possible mercury toxicity.
    That may include eventually getting your fillings removed then followed by chelation.

What you should start NOW is a low carb/low sugar diet and fermented foods if possible(live yogurt, homemade sauerkraut, etc.). While you learn more about the diet and lifestyle adjustments start putting in place a recovery plan that may address antifungals, further testing, mercury toxicity, etc.

Keep reading and asking questions.

-Dan

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

mork;55974 wrote: Also have a mouth full if mercury fillings from when I was younger which I suspect add to the problem

To say that mercury fillings can add to the problem would be an understatement. Mercury fillings alone can cause the problem. This is the issue you will want to investigate. If you don’t remove your fillings and sufficiently detox from mercury you will never get well. Check out the link I’m going to post below and read this page in its entirety.

http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

mork;55974 wrote: I was given anti biotics for acne lots of them too 🙁 wish I never took them!!!

Antibiotics should only be prescribed when needed. In the USA, doctors prescribe antibiotics way too often. I do not know why – are they paid for it, or do they do this because of popular demand?

mork;55974 wrote: now I can barely function because of my anxiety. Full blown disorder now no doubt

I also have a very active job which I get stressed about

I’m expecting my body to give up soon don’t know how much more it dan handle

To be honest, this all sounds very, very much like a combination of too much stress, of being overloaded, perhaps of an internal tendency to create even more stress for yourself just by thinking about all the stress you already have, and a feeling of having no control over your situation.

This is the situation I was in, some 25 years ago. When I removed my stress factors from my life, and I learned not to create additional stress by my own wrong way of dealing with the existing stress, my situation improved greatly.

mork;55974 wrote: Also have a mouth full if mercury fillings from when I was younger which I suspect add to the problem

I had a mouth full of amalgam fillings from when I was a kid. That never caused me any problem. My problems went away after I removed most of my stressors and I improved my own way of handling the remaining stressors.

Only years later, the amalgam fillings were removed one by one. Not because I had them removed – my dentist is a very conscious woman who doesn’t easily start needless actions, because (in her words) any dentist action only makes the situation worse, so as a dentist she only does things that are really necessary in order to prevent further damage. So my amalgam fillings were removed only when their lifetime was over and they started cracking or leaking. As expected, I never experienced any change in my health or my well-being.

Also, there is no scientific study whatsoever that shows any link between amalgam fillings and any health situation whatsoever. Lots of such studies have been performed, especially after the Internet allowed scaremongers to reach out and infect a larger public. A link between amalgam and whatever situation was never found.

These scientific results, combined with my personal experienced as described above, lead me to strongly advise you to target your stress level first, and your attitude toward the remaining stress second. That has helped me enormously, and it coincides with scientific knowledge about the effects of stress on many health aspects.

Vegan Catlady

The way we handle stress makes and breaks us.

I remember being a part of stress-management classes,offering different options for people who need something to break the loop in chronic panic/anxiety situations.

I learned later on that knowing them isnt the same as implementing them,lol.

You have to build a support system around yourself BEFORE the anxiety gets bad again, while your having a moment of peace or even a good day. When a paic attack hits or bad anxiety creeps up, your not in a mindset to handle it the way you would if you took your time and clearly thought it out,which is just not going to happen.

I dont know that you can remove stress, as sometimes you are in a situation you dont have choices in, but changing the way we react to it changes our body-chemistry and gives the adrenals a chance to heal.
    That- by itself- is huge, since your adrenals decide if your hormones or blood sugar is going to go haywire 🙂

thanks for reminding me,Floggi.

Danny33

Floggi,

It’s true people with mouths full of amalgams can be perfectly healthy.
    Given they are healthy themselves in addition to healthy intestinal flora.

However,
    When one is over prescribed antibiotics that cripple intestinal flora this causes many problems.
    One is how the body deals with heavy metals (e.g Mercury, lead, etc.).

A common trend I’ve seen on here, curezone, and other forums is that a lot of times the health of an individual declines not after getting fillings/crowns/amalgams but after receiving anti-bioics in addition to amalgams.

-D

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So mork,

Back to what you asked for…the strict diet:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

Acne medication is the #1 cause of CRC (candida related complex) and this is likely the single greatest thing that caused this…

If you are worried about feeling too crappy while on the diet…you have a good reason for this. A lot of people struggle doing the diet plus probiotics and antifungals because they do not have a good detox plan. If you can’t detox well then the toxins will remain in the body. So I recommend detoxing before you attempt anything and this should help you feel better in general.

As far as finding a good ND, I don’t know anyone in the UK but you might want to ask around or find some referrals. The best one’s likely don’t advertise. I would try to find one who carries standard process products and unda homeopathics…this in my opinion indicates a skilled ND who knows what they are doing. Try to find one with 20-30 years experience treating yeast problems and digestive disorders. This likely will be a big difference when compared to other nd’s.

The treating yourself route could become complicated and/or expensive or destructive if not done properly, so I recommend carefully planning out what you are gonna do if you decide to start the fight against yeast.

-raster

mork

Thanks for all the replys everyone I really appreciate it! I’m feeling a little more positive today. Even if I am still ingesting sugar.

I plan to do a cleanse this coming weekend and go into the diet on the following week.

Just some slight improvements will motivate me I hope..

If there is anyone who could recommend a naturopath in the uk that would be great I don’t mind traveling for the right advice

My plan is to take a slow and steady approach as to all out attack as I don’t think my body or mind will cope

Lets beat this bugger together! I see me becoming a solid member of this forum to take in and offer mutual support!

I wish you all well and speak soon!

Mork

Edit : if there is any supplements that are a must I should take please feel free to advise

Vegan Catlady

mork;56051 wrote: Thanks for all the replys everyone I really appreciate it! I’m feeling a little more positive today. Even if I am still ingesting sugar.

I plan to do a cleanse this coming weekend and go into the diet on the following week.

Just some slight improvements will motivate me I hope..

If there is anyone who could recommend a naturopath in the uk that would be great I don’t mind traveling for the right advice

My plan is to take a slow and steady approach as to all out attack as I don’t think my body or mind will cope

Lets beat this bugger together! I see me becoming a solid member of this forum to take in and offer mutual support!

I wish you all well and speak soon!

Mork

Edit : if there is any supplements that are a must I should take please feel free to advise

I think your idea to take it slow is an excellent one, I look forward to watching your journey unfold and see you heal.

As for supplements, you can try some that the forum advises, but listen to your body.
    It can get expensive, and half the supplements advised to me were a waste of money.
    Going slow will help you there 😀

I dont know who you can see in the UK, but you could always write-in to Doctor Morse on youtube,as he addresses concerns over video responses.
    If you do decide to do that, let me know because I will share tips I learned to getting the most out of your reading 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hope is all but gone and now all that's left is faith’ is closed to new replies.