HOORAY! I know what's been wrong with me!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions HOORAY! I know what's been wrong with me!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shell1226 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

travler2001
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

Well, after doing all the candida diet stuff for almost 2 months, I was able to add most forbidden food items back in, except for gluten and refined sugar. Refined sugar makes me a little itchy and makes me a little sick. But gluten is like MURDER! Gluten is the main culprit of all my health problems and the candida was like his little henchman. The other night I ate some pizza (including the crust) to see what would happen and I had a pounding headache within an hour. For two days I had muscle/joint pain and spasms in my upper back. It is undoubtedly the gluten that is my biggest trouble. I am so glad to know and am enjoying the learning process of eating gluten-free. I feel SO MUCH BETTER. If it wasn’t for this website, I probably would not have figured this out. I have told family members about this website and about gluten sensitivities now. The candida was just a symptom of the gluten problem.
    Also, I went to a doctor and told him about my findings and he talked to me like I was ignorant and crazy. I told him I don’t tolerate gluten very well and what it does to me and how much success I’ve had going gluten-free. He didn’t believe me. Honestly, what DO they teach doctors in medical school for 8 years? Names of body parts and how to give out drugs, but nothing else? What about reality? As usual, every time I get sick I’m on my own. Seeing as health insurance never pays for natural doctors, I’m just gonna have to continue to take care of myself. Sad but true, the medical system in the US is nearly worthless.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

You might want to investigate Celiac Disease which is gluten intolerance. Every Doctor knows about Celiac so, who knows why your doc didn’t recognize suggestions of Celiac which can be easily tested – I think through a blood test.

However, if someone suffers from leaky gut can cause symptoms similar to Celiac but, in fact are the body’s immune reaction to large molecule particles of food (gluten free or not) to pass into the blood stream. Kind of a false positive, there.

Just food for thought…..

Many healing blessings along your journey.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You’ll have to continue the diet if you want to eliminate your gluten sensitivities. After 1.5 years on the diet I am no longer allergic to gluten but I decide not to eat it much. No reaction whatsoever anymore!

-raster

travler2001

If you live in the US and your doctor actually takes food allergies seriously, please let me know what state you live in so I can move there. I’ve been to many doctors in my life and none of them cared about what I was eating or even pretended to care about the effects nutritional problems or food sensitivities can have on a person’s health. I think they must be crazy. They seem to feel the same way about me!

travler2001

And to top it off, now I’m going to be required by law to pay expensive medical insurance premiums for this lunacy they call healthcare.

ILLaViTaR
    Topics: 6

I thought gluten was murder for me too, after 2-3 years of knowing it was evil with on/off dieting I tried an experiment and had some weetbix (99.7% pure gluten haha) and I had no instant reaction it was amazing, but all the horrible stuffed appeared after an hour/very much so the next day and day afterwards, but day 3 always seems to be ok. So it’s clearly bad for me but a pizza would have a million other things in it, preservatives, food acid 330 etc you need to try these foods/ingredients individually to analyze the effects they have on you cause really the candida diet is pure in thios regard and pizza has a lot more destructive things on it besides gluten that are not on the candida diet. For instance pizza makes me dry reach and want to throw up instantly, one day I actually experimented properly (days of purity before trying foods so I could distinguish the effect it had without mistaking it for the effects of other foods) the tomato in the base (and white rice flour on gf pizza) does this to me (makes my stomach feel acidic and sore/bloated).

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

travler2001;38671 wrote: Well, after doing all the candida diet stuff for almost 2 months, I was able to add most forbidden food items back in, except for gluten and refined sugar. Refined sugar makes me a little itchy and makes me a little sick. But gluten is like MURDER! Gluten is the main culprit of all my health problems and the candida was like his little henchman. The other night I ate some pizza (including the crust) to see what would happen and I had a pounding headache within an hour. For two days I had muscle/joint pain and spasms in my upper back. It is undoubtedly the gluten that is my biggest trouble. I am so glad to know and am enjoying the learning process of eating gluten-free. I feel SO MUCH BETTER. If it wasn’t for this website, I probably would not have figured this out. I have told family members about this website and about gluten sensitivities now. The candida was just a symptom of the gluten problem.
    Also, I went to a doctor and told him about my findings and he talked to me like I was ignorant and crazy. I told him I don’t tolerate gluten very well and what it does to me and how much success I’ve had going gluten-free. He didn’t believe me. Honestly, what DO they teach doctors in medical school for 8 years? Names of body parts and how to give out drugs, but nothing else? What about reality? As usual, every time I get sick I’m on my own. Seeing as health insurance never pays for natural doctors, I’m just gonna have to continue to take care of myself. Sad but true, the medical system in the US is nearly worthless.

Wow, so great that you have worked it out. And yes most regular doctors suck. I had a similar encounter myself. The doc told me that changing my diet would not help. I almost laughed in his face!!
    Also, the medical schools are funded by the drug companies so thats what we are to expect there. Every now and then you’ll find a good one that has furthered their education…just keep looking.

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

Doctors know nothing about nutrition or healing a body with diet. They are mostly all pill pushers. I am lucky to have found a DO that is not like that. I get medication if I definitely need it, but she treats patients more holistically.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HOORAY! I know what's been wrong with me!’ is closed to new replies.