homoeopath?? Chinese medicines???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions homoeopath?? Chinese medicines???

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Has anyone of you tried alternative medicines or an alternative path to get rid of candida? I am thinking here going to a homoeopath?? What are your experience with them. I am considering going to one. Is it worth it?

Then there are the Chinese doctors with their knowledge! Do you have experience working with them? How was it?

yours
    Thomas

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I have tried both homeopathy and chinese medicine for all my symptoms with no results. But this was before i was diagnosed with candida so my homeopathy doctor and chinese medicine doctor didnt know what I had they were simply trying to treat my symptoms. So it could be worth a shot.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Thomas,

I have tried a few chinese herbs from an old acupuncturist and they didn’t seem to be effective and were quite expensive.

I have been taking homeopathics for quite a bit of time now and feel that they are effective. I took one that helped heal leaky gut and I am currently taking one now that is eliminating parasites. Homeopathics are only effective if the person prescribing them is highly skilled, otherwise it could target the wrong bodily response.

My naturopath also has a ton of chinese herbs but he hasn’t prescribed any to me surprisingly.

My naturopath has customers around the world from brazil to china. If you wanted to go through him, I would be happy to give you his contact info. I guess he can consult people over the phone.

-raster

Thomas

raster wrote: Hello Thomas,

I have tried a few chinese herbs from an old acupuncturist and they didn’t seem to be effective and were quite expensive.

I have been taking homeopathics for quite a bit of time now and feel that they are effective. I took one that helped heal leaky gut and I am currently taking one now that is eliminating parasites. Homeopathics are only effective if the person prescribing them is highly skilled, otherwise it could target the wrong bodily response.

My naturopath also has a ton of chinese herbs but he hasn’t prescribed any to me surprisingly.

My naturopath has customers around the world from brazil to china. If you wanted to go through him, I would be happy to give you his contact info. I guess he can consult people over the phone.

-raster

Thank you raster, yes please. You can write me a pm if you want.

thank you
    Thomas

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thomas,
    I do so hope you find help…it is so frustrating.

How are you feeling? Are you making any baby steps?

Thinking of you often.

Jackie

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Thomas wrote: Has anyone of you tried alternative medicines or an alternative path to get rid of candida? I am thinking here going to a homoeopath?? What are your experience with them. I am considering going to one. Is it worth it?

Then there are the Chinese doctors with their knowledge! Do you have experience working with them? How was it?

yours
    Thomas

I’ve been seeing my Naturopath on a regular basis for 1 1/2 years now and I love her. She’s my first go to person when I have any type of question regarding health, nutrition, supplements, etc. She does chinese and homeotherapy. I basically only see my family Dr., if i really need to.

It does get a bit expensive though; my work covers up to a certain amount but I always bust it within the first 5-6 months in the year. I spent close to 1000$ in treatments and supplements just in 2011. If you don’t have insurance, I would still recommend it though. You can declare the expenses that aren’t covered in your income taxes (well in Canada anyways). She has helped me GREATLY understand my body and my symptoms. At the beginning, she was the one telling me what my next treatment was going to be. Now, I’m the one that calls her and tells her, ok, I’m reacting to this, can we treat it?

However, even though I’ve done all these treatments with her, I still felt crappy a few weeks after. I felt amazing for a few days and then I would go back to feeling crappy, because I would go back to eating the same food, filled with sugar and yeast. Almost every time I would see her, she would mention that I’m reacting to molds or yeast. So when I asked her about the diet, she said, absolutely, go for it!

After getting my wisdom teeth pulled in January, I got an infection on the left side and a dry socket on the right side. I ended up on anti-biotics for 10 days and then finished the month with a cold. When I saw her in Feb before I started the diet, she reported that my body was at the lowest she’s ever seen it, even worse than when she first saw me 1 1/2 years ago! I can’t wait to go back to see her in a few weeks for a new report and found out the results!

shell
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 19

Hi Thomas
    A couple of years ago I was seeing a chinese medicine doctor, naturopath and an MD (the MD doing very little). I spent a lot of money trying to beat this thing and it is hard to say what was doing the best job. I was following a candida diet set up by my naturopath (not as strict as this one) and taking tons of supplements. Then I started acupuncture with a Chinese medicine doctor. I did briefly remove all symptoms from my body but I stupidly thought that meant I was better and now I am back to ground zero. Other friends of mine swear by acupuncture and herbs to beat nearly everything but none of them have candida overgrowth.
    I suspect it is like all things – some people will really benefit and others will not.
    shell

Thomas

Thank you all for the great advice and pointers.
    I feel quite terrible now and don’t want to depress you more with my stuff.
    The battle I am right now in is figuring out what I really have and not assuming things.

thank you all
    yours
    thomas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘homoeopath?? Chinese medicines???’ is closed to new replies.