Homemade Taco Seasoning or spicy blend

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Cooking & Preparation Tips Homemade Taco Seasoning or spicy blend

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  liciabelle 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

I make a jar full of this seasoning and add it to anything that I want to give a little kick or “cajun like” taste to it. This morning, I sprinkled it on my eggs. Last night, I put it on some ground turkey and made a healthy taco salad with onions and spinach.

Homemade Taco SeasoningFrom: http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/homemade-taco-seasoning/

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (Aleppo peppers would add a wonderful depth of flavor)
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1 tsp paprika
    1 Tbsp cumin
    2 1/2 tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt.)
    2 tsp pepper

Method:

1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.

2. Mix well.

3. Store in a tightly closed container.

Notes:
    – Use approximately 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix for each pound of ground meat (or to taste, of course. Some people may prefer 1 Tbsp, others up to 4 Tbsp).
    – As with other taco seasonings, either use the mixture as is, or add approx. 3/4 cup water to the beef and seasoning mixture to make a more “saucy” beef.
    – You can also flavor beans, like lentils, with this mixture. About 2 cups of cooked beans will be the equivalent of one pound of ground beef.
    – And as I said in my “Saving Time in the Kitchen by Baking in Bulk” post, I recommend making more of this in advance so that you have it on hand when you need it. Cook once, use two three four times or more !
    – For my spice shopping, I really like Frontier Brand and Mountain Rose Herbs. I’ve done taste tests and the Frontier Brands have won out every time and boy, are they reasonable! Mountain Rose Herbs has a great selection of nicely priced organic products in smaller quantities. Bulk but not HUGH bulk amounts .

From: http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/homemade-taco-seasoning/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Homemade Taco Seasoning or spicy blend’ is closed to new replies.