homemade kefir

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions homemade kefir

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  quick 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Considering the lactose content of this, how much of this can I eat per day?

Also if I buy organic greek yogurt, how much of that can be eaten?

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

I was also curious about the Greek Yogurt and it’s sugar content. I noticed that plain had 9 grams of sugar, is that something I should be concerned about?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If kefir is fermented correctly, meaning at the correct temperature and long enough, the lactose is absorbed by the bacteria during the process, and there’s a very limited amount of lactose left in the end product. The beneficial bacteria cannot develop and grow if they have no food source. Keep in mind that yu can also make water kefir.

Hopefully the commercial Greek yogurt is fermented long enough to do the same. But this is why a high quality brand should be purchased. Also start very slowing with both kefir and Greek yogurt

Able

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

Thanks able, I wasn’t entirely sure, both brands that I saw at Kroger had 9 grams so I wasn’t quite sure. Maybe I’ll hold off a little longer until I try the Greek Yogurt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘homemade kefir’ is closed to new replies.