Holy Cow it just hit me!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Holy Cow it just hit me!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cherryslushie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

For approximately 5 years I’ve suffered from seemingly unrelated health issues starting with IBS. Slowly it graduated into acid reflux, eczema, fungal dermatitis (scalp), fluctuating diarrhea and constipation, bowel movements that often look like they’re connected by strings of fat or sometimes even wrapped in it, chronic urinary tract infections and very recently vaginitis.

Being a person who is OCD about the cleanliness of her lady parts I noticed immediately a change in odor. I usually have none and now I did. I made a dr.s appointment and after a smear was told that there was bacteria attached to my vaginal cells. She put me on a 7 day course of Metronidazole, 2 a day. Just my luck on day 2 just before my 4th pill I started coming down with the flu. 101 temp, unbelievably achy, stuffy nose the whole 9 but I persevered! I kept on with the Metronidazole and by the 3rd day my vaginal symptoms were gone but the flu persisted, changing every day from sinus to productive cough and finally gastrointestinal…

That was about a month and a half ago. Last week, I sat baffled by the same vaginal symptoms that brought me to the DR in the first place–Then it hit me. That was no flu, that was die-off! Had I known I wouldn’t have given into the massive sugar cravings during and post ‘flu’.

I made an appointment with my Dr but she can’t see me until April 4th. Since there’s no doubt in my mind that this is candasis, in the meantime I decided to do the diet. The very first day around 5 pm the migraine started, then the crazy reflux, nausea, vomiting and shaking. When I got up the next morning I was still nauseous and very shaky and dizzy. After a few tablespoons of greek yogurt it went away and I have to say my energy and cognitive function has improved dramatically and I’m not itching like crazy (no amount of benedryl or hydro-cortisone would alleviate). It’s now the end of day 6.

There are so many variations all over the web of said diet so I made my own and may or may not have screwed up to the point of having to start over.

I’ve been eating:

-Boneless, Skinless chicken breast and thighs

-Eggs

-Applegate naturals organic smoked turkey breast slices (antibiotic-free,Casien-free,gluten free,low carb)

-Avocados

-Broccoli

-Eggplant

-Spinach

-Kale

-Salad bag mixes with only greens, no carrots dressed with olive oil and fresh lemon juice

-Organic brown eggs

-Cabot greek yogurt (contains Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus)

-Tinkyada organic brown rice pasta with homemade fresh basil, raw garlic, raw spinach & olive oil pesto

-Coconut oil

(I had a good few handfuls of grapenuts before I realized they were bad)

Drinking green tea, chamomile tea, peppermint tea sometimes sweetened with stevia and lots of water.

Any tips, advice would be great! Thanks 😀

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

cherryslushie;39672 wrote: For approximately 5 years I’ve suffered from seemingly unrelated health issues starting with IBS. Slowly it graduated into acid reflux, eczema, fungal dermatitis (scalp), fluctuating diarrhea and constipation, bowel movements that often look like they’re connected by strings of fat or sometimes even wrapped in it, chronic urinary tract infections and very recently vaginitis.

Being a person who is OCD about the cleanliness of her lady parts I noticed immediately a change in odor. I usually have none and now I did. I made a dr.s appointment and after a smear was told that there was bacteria attached to my vaginal cells. She put me on a 7 day course of Metronidazole, 2 a day. Just my luck on day 2 just before my 4th pill I started coming down with the flu. 101 temp, unbelievably achy, stuffy nose the whole 9 but I persevered! I kept on with the Metronidazole and by the 3rd day my vaginal symptoms were gone but the flu persisted, changing every day from sinus to productive cough and finally gastrointestinal…

That was about a month and a half ago. Last week, I sat baffled by the same vaginal symptoms that brought me to the DR in the first place–Then it hit me. That was no flu, that was die-off! Had I known I wouldn’t have given into the massive sugar cravings during and post ‘flu’.

I made an appointment with my Dr but she can’t see me until April 4th. Since there’s no doubt in my mind that this is candasis, in the meantime I decided to do the diet. The first day around 5 pm the migraine started, then the crazy reflux, nausea, vomiting and shaking. When I got up the next morning I was still nauseous and very shaky and dizzy. After a few tablespoons of greek yogurt it went away and I have to say my energy and cognitive function has improved dramatically and I’m not itching like crazy (no amount of benedryl or hydro-cortisone would alleviate).

There are so many variations all over the web of said diet so I made my own and may or may not have screwed up to the point of having to start over.

I’ve been eating:

-Boneless, Skinless chicken breast and thighs

-Eggs

-Applegate naturals organic smoked turkey breast slices (antibiotic-free,Casien-free,gluten free,low carb)

-Avocados

-Broccoli

-Eggplant

-Spinach

-Kale

-Salad bag mixes with only greens, no carrots dressed with olive oil and fresh lemon juice

-Organic brown eggs

-Cabot greek yogurt (contains Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus)

-Tinkyada organic brown rice pasta with homemade fresh basil, raw garlic, raw spinach & olive oil pesto

-Coconut oil

(I had a good few handfuls of grapenuts before I realized they were bad)

Drinking green tea, chamomile tea, peppermint tea sometimes sweetened with stevia and lots of water.

Any tips, advice would be great! Thanks 😀

Metronidazole (Flagyl) is considered one of the worse antibiotics causing candida overgrowth.

I only want to let you know it.

Jorge.

cherryslushie

Hi Jorge, I thought that Metronidazole was an anti-fungal?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

cherryslushie

Well crap. I wonder what the doc will put me on. I aint taking no anti-biotics.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I’m anti-drugs across the board and prefer the use of natural antifungals like capryllic acid, coconut oil, etc., but just wanted to chime in and say the diet looks about like what we do on the forum, except I’d watch out with the green tea because of the caffeine (it can stress out your adrenals and make it harder to recover).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antibiotics are the single greatest cause of candida overgrowth in my opinion.

Your doctor is only treating the symptoms but not the cause of the problem. Many of your symptoms are inter-related.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Holy Cow it just hit me!’ is closed to new replies.