Holiday!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  minime 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Right guys, some more advice please!

I am going to Miami on 28th March and still on the diet.

When it comes to breakfast I will just have three boiled eggs each morning as I know they will be safe for me to eat.

When it comes to lunch and dinner I am a little bit worried. I was hoping a few people could make some suggestions as I won’t just be able to live on some store bought veg.

The other issue is that I am staying in a hotel so preparing my own food isn’t really an option.

I guess I can have things like steak, chicken, fish, but I am worried about having too much, especially as I will only be 3 weeks into the diet by this point.

Help and thoughts please!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Find a good salad place that serves fresh veggies; maybe one with a salad bar! It might be hard to follow the diet perfectly, so consider taking a little fiesta.

Also consider finding a good place that also has deep fried chicken, if you had deep fried chicken it wouldn’t be the end of the world because there is like 1-2 grams of flour used for each piece. Another idea is to find a good BBQ place that serves roasted chicken, meats, etc…just ask for it plain without any sauces.

I would avoid chinese food restaurants because they serve the food with a ton of salt which converts to glucose.

Mexican food might be an alright option as well; the corn in the tortillas shouldn’t feed the candida that badly, and they have beans and rice which isn’t that bad on the diet.

These are only suggestions for a vacation and not the diet in general. Eating foods like these should only set you back a few days at the most.

-raster

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Okay, so you are going to be tempted to cheat.

Some advice from my own experience: Avoid white rice like its the plague, that stuff is the worst. Also avoid soy sauce, and well chinese food in general.

Take salads without dressing.
    Take fried or grilled chicken.
    Take fish without sauce.

Indian curries and some chutneys are actually fine. Their chapatis (whole wheat yeast free bread) should not be too detrimental. Make sure they’re whole wheat. And maybe if you’re lucky they serve brown rice. A tapas place has food you can eat aswell. Garlic fried shrimp and spicy chicken for instance.

minime
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

would avoid chinese food restaurants because they serve the food with a ton of salt which converts to glucose.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but are you referring to table/refined salt because of hidden extras in it? I knew salt caused water retention but not that it converted to glucose. Please could you explain?

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I went to Florida for a week at the start of March. Not a big deal. I was able to eat fresh fish…chefs were happy to broil or grill it for me. It was great food. I always had a side of veggies like broccoli or asparagus. Salads were fine with lemon. I really didn’t have any problems at all. I went into food markets and got peppers already cut up and munched on them. Peeled a few cucumbers and had them as I was hungry. Lots of fresh food there and lots of fish…don’t think you are supposed to eat steak.

Good luck. Enjoy the sunshine 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hi minime,

Table salt (like morton’s) contains dextrose which converts to sugar essentially. I don’t have any research into it, but if you click the “search” button in the upper right hand corner of the website and type in dextrose, you should find a better explanation than I can supply.

Instead of table salt, use natural sea salt which does not do this.

On a side note: yes, do avoid the white rice.

-raster

minime
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Ah thanks for that, I thought it had to be along those lines.

Another reason to avoid Asian food is that they often add sugar as well as soy sauce to their sauces/dressings. I’m going to Singapore for 3 weeks in May to visit my sister so I hope I can find something suitable to munch on there. Should be interesting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Holiday!’ is closed to new replies.