hitting a wall

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice hitting a wall

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

I have just finished the detox part of the cleanse, and am proceeding on to the candida diet. I was doing the diet on the website for a couple of weeks before I found out that there were somethings on there that I shouldn’t be eating. I feel like I’ve hit a wall. I really want to eat meat. The eggs are ok the salmon is functional as meat and I am trying to limit my chicken, but I really want to eat meat. I’m tired of feeling hungry all the time. Tired of fixing separate meals for my family to eat. I just feel tired! Any words to carry me through?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you mean red meat?

mstewart

Mostly I miss eating red meat, but also pork and deer. I read during the diet we are only to try to eat eggs, a few select fish like herring and salmon, and chicken only a few times. I just miss eating all other types of meat. Can I add anything other than the eggs, fish and chicken on the first two weeks of the candida diet? After the fist two weeks can I start trying different types of meat and more often? I know that the red meat causes amonia production, and even the bible says that pork is bad for you, but just in general I never realized how much meat I consumed until I tried not to consume so much.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Just stick with it…it will get better. I don’t even think about the food I can’t have because it made me so sick I don’t even want it. Kind of like it is poison. Instead I look forward to what I can make and search for new foods to eat. It is a pain to make two meals one for the family and one for myself…however, it is working out. I’m about at week six. I was making baklava with honey, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon yesterday…ugh that was my first hard moment. All the other Christmas cookies have been ok…but that one was a real jerk on the taste buds. I took deep inhales and thought what damage that would do to my body and moved on. Be strong. Think of the set backs you will have. I’m just to the point where I just started to have greek yogurt and kefir and I’m not wanting meat so much anymore. Quite happy with all my veggies. Didn’t think I would get there…but I am. I just know in the end I will be so much healthier and happier for my family to be around me 🙂 This bad part will pass…

Best of luck

Jackie

mstewart

Thanks for sharing. It’s nice to have someone that is just a step ahead of you that can talk you through. I will just keep plugging on with God’s help.
    Most things don’t bother me like the sweets, just the meat. Oh, and apples, and cheese and really peanut butter.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just look at it this way; the ammonia production is very toxic and it dumps that into your lungs and other organs. This can significantly set back your recovery period if you can give candida a toxic environment to grow in.

Think of phase 2 as a great vacation that you are looking to some day, and that eventually you will be able to handle the foods you want and desire (most of them at least).

As far as the deer…all wild meat is OK as long as you don’t get too much gas production. The big no no’s are pork and beef, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have lamb, buffalo, or deer!

Keep it up because in a month you will feel real good!

-Raster

mstewart

Thanks for the info. I can look at sweets and know that it is really bad for me. It’s a little harder with the things that seem healthy yet are really bad for candida suffers. I will look forward to phase 2 as that vacation I’ve always wanted to take. Thanks for the suggestion.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

mstewart wrote: I never realized how much meat I consumed until I tried not to consume so much.

Isn’t that an important realisation to make? Red meat is terrible for your health whether you suffer from candida or not, and us Westerners consume way too many animal products in general. I used to eat meat as the focus of every meal and frown upon anything labelled vegetarian. The idea seems insane to me now. Learn to appreciate veggies more, and I’m sure your body will thank you.

The idea that you need meat is just a thought pattern that can be changed with relatively little effort thanks to the wonder of neuroplasticity. If you continue pining for steak until phase 2, you’re going to have a tough phase 1 and be more likely to gorge or go off the wagon when the ban is lifted.

I can sympathise fully with your cravings, but try to see this realisation as an opportunity for change and better health. There’s a lot more to food than meat, and a lot more to life than food. Good luck!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote:
    As far as the deer…all wild meat is OK as long as you don’t get too much gas production. The big no no’s are pork and beef, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have lamb, buffalo, or deer!

Actually, all living animals have ammonia in their bodies, including humans. So when it comes to ammonia, the type of animal doesn’t matter as much as the amount of protein that the meat contains per serving. Deer and beef are both red meat with almost identical amounts of protein per serving, and regardless of which animal we’re speaking of, ammonia is produced when the protein is broken down during digestion. Actually, the protein in chicken is broken down in the same manner, but it doesn’t normally cause quite as strong a reaction as red meat, but the protein is still the reason that I advocate eating chicken only two or three times a week at the most during the worse part of the infestation.

Able

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘hitting a wall’ is closed to new replies.