Hight cholesterol and eggs or coconut oil.???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hight cholesterol and eggs or coconut oil.???

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

stronger
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 15

Hello again forum. I´m new at candida diet and I´m in week 2 and I need help. Cause I´m eating 4 eggs with 18 tablespoon of coconut oil everyday but today I saw my cholesterol results and I have hight cholesterol. I know eggs have good cholesterol but WHY I HAVE HIGHT CHOLESTEROL NOW?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

stronger wrote: Hello again forum. I´m new at candida diet and I´m in week 2 and I need help. Cause I´m eating 4 eggs with 18 tablespoon of coconut oil everyday but today I saw my cholesterol results and I have hight cholesterol. I know eggs have good cholesterol but WHY I HAVE HIGHT CHOLESTEROL NOW?

Read this:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/the-cholesterol-myth-that_b_676817.html

In regards to Eggs, avoid oxidising the yolk, so poaching them is a good way to have them, or even raw is that doesn’t turn your stomach.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

benc wrote: Read this:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/the-cholesterol-myth-that_b_676817.html

In regards to Eggs, avoid oxidising the yolk, so poaching them is a good way to have them, or even raw is that doesn’t turn your stomach.

That’s at least one article that Mercola actually got right. Anyone who is concerned about eggs should read the entire article. Thanks, Ben.

In research studies, people who were on the “Egg Diet” were able to lower their cholesterol over a period of time. The same thing happened to me; my cholesterol was perfect, but when I went back for my lab work after a few months of eating eggs and no meat, the cholesterol level had dropped even further. The doctor asked what I was doing to accomplish this “trick.”

Able

stronger
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 15

Thanks for the reply. So that mean I can eat more than just 4 eggs? Maybe 6 per day?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I was worried about cholesterol at the beginning of the diet, but if you follow it right and take suggested supplements with it you should not worry as we are taking in plenty of stuff that takes care of bad cholesterol. I am sometimes eating 6-8 eggs per day and my blood test was fine two months after starting the diet. Actually it was just perfect.

Do a recheck of the blood after like a month on a diet and see what happens. This will keep your mind at ease.

Arijana

alexparginos
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 43

orka how do you eat your eggs? me too i eat 8-10 eggs a day, i do them scambled, is there a chance that they can go bad if they are fried? thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Eggs won’t go bad if they’re fried, Alex, and they’re fine to eat that way as long as you use a quality oil such as olive oil or coconut oil.

Able

alexparginos

Thanks able, able i noticed that i havent been to the bathroom for 3 days now, is this normal? i mean i dont feel full or anything, i eat lots of eggs and veggies but no poop. also as i mentioned i discovered that i have some skin rashes. what is this now?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Both the egg yolks and the olive oil (if it’s virgin) will be oxidised through frying. This shouldn’t be that much of a problem in moderation if you’re getting enough antioxidants, but 70 oxidised egg yolks a week sounds a bit too much. Can’t you eat some boiled or poached and have fatty fish once or twice a week?

orka1998
    Participant

alexparginos wrote: orka how do you eat your eggs? me too i eat 8-10 eggs a day, i do them scambled, is there a chance that they can go bad if they are fried? thanks!

Hi Alex,

Most often I eat them hard boiled, but I also make them scrambled or sunny side up if I am having my oat bran/buckwheat bread with them. Sometimes I mix them up with some chopped veggies and make it as an omlette. This tastes much better once you can add some kefir or yoghurt in the mix. If I have time, I make kind of a bake, mix eggs with veggies and bake it in the oven. Veggies that go well in omlette is spinach, spring onions, shredded zucchini, bell peppers and tomato (if you are having it, some members do, but it’s a risky food item). Veggies that go well in a bake is spinach, green beans, bell peppers, tomato (again risky food item), spring onions. You can play with spices such as basil, parsley etc. to make it taste a bit different each time you make it. Garlic can be added to the spinach one, even zucchini. So you get the idea.

I used to like eggs, but somehow got bored with them pretty quickly so then I started experimenting. It was a desperation but I managed to find few different ways of having them that made my life easier 🙂

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

alexparginos wrote: Thanks able, able i noticed that i havent been to the bathroom for 3 days now, is this normal? i mean i dont feel full or anything, i eat lots of eggs and veggies but no poop. also as i mentioned i discovered that i have some skin rashes. what is this now?

Not having poop will have extra toxins stay in your body so this could explain the rashes. Did you read the constipation remedy post? Do you need the link?

I suggest you try stuff suggested there as that stuff needs to leave your body faster than three days. You will feel better once it does.

Arijana

alexparginos

able says it will not be oxidized and you say it will get oxidized, O MY GOD, dont know what to believe anymore

Javizy

Try reading this article about eggs. Just Google it if you want to read more. This is the key point.

Our blood vessels do not have receptors for cholesterol, only for oxidized cholesterol. So, you can eat as many eggs as you like, without worrying about cholesterol, as long as you don’t cook the yolks.

If you read more recent research about heart disease, you’ll find that cholesterol isn’t the demon it’s made out to be, and that it’s oxidative stress and inflammation that you want to keep under control. Taking a vitamin C supplement is a good idea.

Still, it doesn’t mean you should never make omelettes or scrambled egg, just keep them in moderation. Boiled eggs can be convenient and fish adds some variety. 

alexparginos

Javizy, good stuff, but isnt boiling considered cooking? boiling is cooking too i believe. so is frying and other stuff, only raw eggs is not cooking, am i right or no? is boiling considered cooking?

Javizy

The article that I Googled and linked for you has the answer to that question.

When cooking an egg, the cholesterol in the yolk is altered when simultaneously heated and exposed to air. Therefore, eggs should be cooked without breaking the yolks (i.e. poached, boiled, over easy, etc.), instead of scrambled or made into omelets. A raw blended egg should be drunk fairly quickly, or refrigerated, because leaving it out at room temperature will start cholesterol oxidation, albeit more slowly than by cooking.

I don’t think it would be much to worry about, but when we’re talking about 70 eggs a week, it’s worth taking precautions, especially if you already have high cholesterol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hight cholesterol and eggs or coconut oil.???’ is closed to new replies.