High neutrophils candida? Anyone had similar experience/ luck with antifungals? Need advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions High neutrophils candida? Anyone had similar experience/ luck with antifungals? Need advice

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  emzie89 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

emzie89
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

For the past 4 months i have been suffering with an onset of mysterious symptoms. I noticed in October lots of digestive issues such as constipation/bloating. My bloating was so bad that i looked like 6 months pregnant! Then in December when i found out i was pregnant, i would feel spacey, and get headaches every now and then. I put it down to pregnancy, and didn’t think much of it. 3 weeks into my pregnancy i miscarried. I felt fine for 3 weeks after the miscarriage, and then randomly one day the spaced out drunk/high feeling came back and was constant. I also had temple headaches, extreme light/noise sensitivity,post nasal drip,digestive issues again (constipation/bloating/stomach cramps), aching body,fatigue, and recurrent vaginal yeast infections, even after taking a diflucan pill for them. I went to the doctor who said i had a sinus infection, and prescribed antibiotics. The antibiotics made my symptoms 10 times worse. I felt really anxious on them, and stopped taking them. I called the doctor and explained my concern that the antibiotics were making me feel worse, and she said obviously they weren’t strong enough, and i needed to go to a minor care place to get antibiotics by IV. I was a little skeptical of this, because i thought that no antibiotic should be making me feel as bad as i was, and so i went to a minor care place to get a second opinion. After me explaining my symptoms, and mentioning i had an achy neck, i was sent to the ER told i had meningitis. The ER told me i would not look and be responding how i was with meningitis, and they could tell by just looking at me i did not have it. They ran some blood tests, and did a ct scan to check on my headache complaints, and told me everything came back normal, and my sinuses did not look like there was any sign of a sinus infection. I continued on to try and find the cause of my problems, and saw a gastro doctor. He recommended a colonoscopy, which i still have not had yet. With how my head was feeling, i was really concerned with going under, and wanted to find the cause of my head issues before doing so. My gastro also took stool samples, and he called to tell me the results were normal, except for yeast overgrowth in my samples, and prescribed nystatin for 10 days. The nystatin did seem to make my bowel movements more frequent, but at this time i was not on ant candida diet, and as soon as the nystatin was finished, i was not as regular with my bowel movements, and my spacey head and other symptoms did not go away. I finally stumbled upon candida online after googling nystatin and what yeast overgrowth in stool meant, along with my symptoms, and had noticed that eating carbs/sugar, and drinking caffeine enhanced my symptoms. I went on the diet which did not make my spaced out feeling any better, but did not make them worse. I booked an appointment with a GP who has practiced naturopathic medicine for 20 years, and treats candida. At the meeting they said there is no doubt i have a candida problem, and have put me on a cleanse/nystatin for 2 weeks, and then diflucan for a week, and then 1 tablet of diflucan for 7 weeks, once a week. They thought hormonal issues may also be contributing, but want to see how i do on the plan before looking into hormonal issues. They also did blood tests (complete blood count), and a metabolic panel. I logged into my patient records today and saw the blood test results. My neutrophils is higher than normal (76%), and the normal ranges are 40-74%. I have read that elevated neutrophils indicate infection/inflammation in the body. I also have high glucose (65-100) is normal range and mine is 104. WBC overall was normal. I am just so concerned. 4 months ago i was fine, and now i feel like my life is completely ruined. I had to drop out of school due to how i can’t concentrate, and things before that came easy seem difficult now, such as simple math and anything involving really having to think. I also read so many times online that only people with HIV/Cancer have a candida issue, and then read other stories that obviously say this is not the case, although many do have a problem due to a compromised immune system, which makes me wonder what is compromising mine for this to happen. Has anyone had a similar experience, or had similar blood test results? I have been married for 3 years, and with my partner for 5 years, but the neutrophil results really scare me. Elevated levels indicate infection, but i read contradicting things online about this. Some say it means viral/bacterial infection, and other says it can also indicate fungal infections/inflammation in the body. i am truly terrified. Everything points to yeast overgrowth, but i am now concerned i have some underlying serious cause of all of this, and i want to get to the bottom of anything serious. Can anyone give feedback, or recommend the next steps they would take? I feel overwhelmed and lost.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There’s no need to worry because now its time to get better. I wouldn’t worry about HIV/cancer whatsoever. Inflammation is pretty normal, especially if you are dehydrated and used to be a coffee drinker. You can likely get better if you do the diet for a short period of time, in like 3-6 months. But you need a good plan to get better and it sounds like you don’t have one yet really.

Inflammation of the gut can be tied to inflammation of the brain and this can explain the headaches. Inflammation is a pathway for disease to take hold, and its very hard to not have inflammation with western diets and lifestyles.

One thing that can compromise your immune system is your adrenal and thyroid health. If your thyroid is even slightly damaged, then this is essentially your immune system not working optimally. Its hard to get healthy levels of iodine in general. Another thing to look at is liver health:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6588_Many-of-your-symptoms-are-liver-symptoms.aspx

If your thyroid isn’t working well then your body cannot fight of invaders as well…

I would try out flax oil with lignens and this is highly anti-inflammatory. You should feel better immediately after taking it. Its a pretty cheap supplement. Other anti-inflammatories include cinnamon, green tea, almost all veggies/fruit, salmon/fish, broccoli, pumpkin. You should be able to get it under control within a few months if you do the diet strict.

-raster

emzie89

Thanks for the advice. Have you heard of luck with antifungals like nystatin and diflucan? My doctor has me on a plan to do my body cleanse for 2 weeks, which is acai berry. They told me i should be having bowel movements at least twice a day. I have been on this for 2 days now, and have noticed i am having better more frequent bowel movements. I am supposed to introduce nystatin after 3 days on the acai berry cleanse, and then after the nystatin is finished (2 weeks), start diflucan. One pill a day for a week, and then 1 pill a week for 7 weeks. I am also doing the candida diet, and in 3 weeks my doctor wants to see me again to see my progress. I was also given pure liver formula by the doctor to take. Part of me worries a lot about cancer and HIV just because i see so much about it. It seems so random that all this started when i became pregnant, so i do tend to link pregnancy to this issue, but i guess i want to know what really is the cause of this, and is it a yeast problem, or is yeast just one of many problems.

raster
    Participant

My recommendation is to not search around on the internet so much about these horror stories and to focus on getting better. If you can reduce the yeast numbers then your body will have more energy to heal the rest of it to protect from invaders.

Some people have success with prescription antifungals and some do not. I would ask your doctor about trying SF722 with diflucan, I hear more success stories when these are used together. I personally decided not to go this route with prescription antifungals and take natural ones that work pretty well too. Some people have yeast that is resistant to these medications, etc.

Please come back to share your experiences with this protocol in the future. Sounds like knows what he is doing by atleast protecting your liver…this is very important.

-raster

emzie89

Thank you very much. Do you know if spaced out feeling all the time is a common candida symptom? Also i am very sensitive to light.

raster
    Participant

Starting out I did…I am 3 years into this now and basically feel normal most of the time now and can cheat a bunch on the diet, etc. But when the yeast comes back strong, yes I feel more spacey then normal. I simply then focus on detoxing and it tends to go away pretty quickly. Flax oil with lignens is a great supplement to try out to reduce brain fog, its pretty cheap too!

-raster

emzie89

How long before you saw results? I absolutely love my hot tea with milk and sugar. It is the only thing i have that is not really allowed on the diet. The rest of my diet is the candida plan. Idk if everything should be avoided completely with sugar in. I guess i just kind of feel deprived if i can’t have one thing that i really enjoy on the diet. Do you/did you have light sensitivity too? How did you know you had a candida problem?

raster
    Participant

If you have a good plan put together, you’ll get better with 6 months but not enough to start eating tons of junk all of the time.

I got ill with yeast when I lived in apartment with toxin mold. I likely always had a problem but they made it blow up. I’ve always had digestive problems and took every antibiotic on the market for treating strept.

-raster

emzie89

I started nystatin today, and my brain fog is awful after taking it. Idk if i should soldier through, or stop it. Is this not a good sign it is working, even if it makes me feel worse?

raster
    Participant

emzie89

Yeah it is pretty bad. It makes me paranoid even that it is a side effect of the meds, and if i should continue them

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Your elevated glucose levels can indicate (pre-)diabetes. You should look into that.
    Headaches can also be caused by adrenal insufficiency.
    Personally I’d advice against the use of Rx antifungals. Candida can become resistant against these type of antifungals and you might need them if you develop for example sepsis. Natural antifungals are generally more effective and the candida can’t easily adapt to them.

emzie89

Thank you for the feedback. Any recommendations on how to deal with extreme light sensitivity? Also, do you think it is best to stick to the diet strictly 100 percent? I do as far as eating goes, but i do love my tea in the morning which consists of 2 sugars, and milk. It is the one thing that i am having a really hard time staying away from. I am not sure if it is hurting me a lot if it is the only thing i “cheat” with, or if it is just best avoided altogether.

Thoughts?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

emzie89;57027 wrote: Thank you for the feedback. Any recommendations on how to deal with extreme light sensitivity? Also, do you think it is best to stick to the diet strictly 100 percent? I do as far as eating goes, but i do love my tea in the morning which consists of 2 sugars, and milk. It is the one thing that i am having a really hard time staying away from. I am not sure if it is hurting me a lot if it is the only thing i “cheat” with, or if it is just best avoided altogether.

Thoughts?

Light sensitivity sounds like mercury poisoning. You might wanna look into that.
    Just use sunglasses for the time being 🙂
    Make tea with stevia instead of sugar. You probably won’t notice the difference. Try to stay away from all diary.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

TheChosenOne;57034 wrote:

Thank you for the feedback. Any recommendations on how to deal with extreme light sensitivity? Also, do you think it is best to stick to the diet strictly 100 percent? I do as far as eating goes, but i do love my tea in the morning which consists of 2 sugars, and milk. It is the one thing that i am having a really hard time staying away from. I am not sure if it is hurting me a lot if it is the only thing i “cheat” with, or if it is just best avoided altogether.

Thoughts?

Light sensitivity sounds like mercury poisoning. You might wanna look into that.
    Just use sunglasses for the time being 🙂
    Make tea with stevia instead of sugar. You probably won’t notice the difference. Try to stay away from all diary.
    Yeah I get real bad light sensitivity too and I have confirmed mercury tox so I can speak to that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘High neutrophils candida? Anyone had similar experience/ luck with antifungals? Need advice’ is closed to new replies.