Hiata hernia and non acid reflux

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hiata hernia and non acid reflux

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

The more research i do I known don’t have acid reflux but non acid reflux. I also have a 1 cm hiata hernia which is nothing. My Naturapath says the body heals itself. I get a mucous feeling after eating. It says no dairy, no tomatoes.
    Etc. I eat Greek yogurt but don’t notice it then. I wonder if its the yeast and bacteria causing it or the hernia. Naturally I have no idea how to get rid of lpr, silent reflux naturally? Surgery isn’t a option and of course more ppis are not an option

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello mooch,

I have hiatus hernia and occasionally have problem with it. My problem though is the erosion that was caused by the large meals and content being pushed back as the hiatus is not closing up properly (reflux). Are you sure that your stomach acid is low? If this was the case I would think that hiatus hernia would not cause much trouble…

I did notice that I get into trouble with lots of acidic food and fiber. Now, as I got better, these problems kind of resolved mostly, lemon still gets me for some reason so if I consume a lot I will feel it.

I don’t think that hiatus hernia can be resolved, it’d kind of mechanical issue and once hiatus goes bad, I doubt it will get better. The digestion on the other hand can be improved and mine did. So once this happens, all you need to do is make sure that you are upright at least two hours after meals so do not eat at least two hours before bedtime, do not bend or reach low after your meals and this should keep the food where it belongs: in the stomach. I am pretty sure that I rebuilt a lot of my good flora (although I am far from being done) and that this helped with my digestion. I can now eat a huge bowl of mixed salad without getting pain and heartburn.

Mucous feeling after eating I had before but don’t any longer. Perhaps it’s just gut flora improvement, but also around the time it got better I cut out all of the remaining carbs (such as buckwheat, oat bran etc.) and replaced them with healthy fat (butter, lard, coconut oil, EVOO…) since I didn’t really need them any longer. I did notice that if I go back to more carbs (I started on oat bran morning cereal and yoghurt), it returns so I cut it out again.

Hope this helps.

Arijana

moochpb

Ok thanks. In gonna do an acid and ph test in a few weeks and maybe that will help. Plus I’m gonna stop hcl for now and see if that helps symptoms go away

moochpb

How long did it take for your digestion to improve. I ate a lot of meat and do a lot of meat so that could be an issue

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I don’t know if this will help for a hiatal hernia or not, but raster rec’d me this stuff called Miracle Fiber for my leaky gut issues and it’s seriously a freakin’ miracle! I think it’s only sold at the Vitamin Shoppe, if you have that in your area. It’s pretty cheap (like $8 for a canister that lasts a few weeks) and I just dump it in my cereal each morning. It’s just pure inulin, which is a prebiotic and helps your gut lining. I also started taking l-glutamine, which is another product to help your gut lining. I used to take this one called Glutagenics, but I just ran out, so we’ll see how things go with plain l-glutamine. (Glutagenics is a combo of l-glutamine, aloe, and licorice and is in a powder form…I just added it to my cereal as well.)

moochpb

thanks man, I ll check it out. Its just bs that its test and go with us to see what works for us. Now I m cutting my meat intake by half, my bodyfat is dangerously low though. I need more carbs, Idk if I react to buckwheat or coconut bread but I need to eat it. I m gonna try those supplements however I take a ton of glutamine already. I m sure its helping a little

alexalgebra

If you need more fat, add in more coconut oil, avocado, that sort of thing. Also, if you can find it, coconut manna (aka coconut butter or creamed coconut) is SO GOOD and full of good fat.

These are essentially all the same product with different names and packaging; you can probably find one of them at Whole Foods or something, but if not you can get them on Amazon. My favorite is the Nutiva coconut manna, but the creamed coconut is cheaper at my local store, so I usually get it.

Coconut manna

Coconut butter

Creamed coconut

moochpb

I drink coconut oil out of the jar all day, when I get a chance. I eat a lot of olive oil, I eat some nut butter, just two to 4 tablespoons a day just to be carefull, I do need to try the coconut manna

alexalgebra

Oh man! Cut out the nut butter dude, that is really hard to digest and probably contains mold. Switch to coconut butter.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Coconut manna is SO GOOD. And super versatile. I’ve used it melted on top of pancakes with cinnamon in a “sweet” context, and just now for lunch today I added it to a toasted sesame oil/garlic sauce for stir-fried veggies, in a savory context. I’ve also eaten a lot straight out of the jar :p and since a good bit of its content is coconut oil, it’s antifungal, too.

moochpb

Where can I get it from?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I have gotten it once from Whole Foods and once from a small health food store. You can also buy it online if you don’t have Whole Foods near you.

moochpb

Awesome ill go to whole foods. Thanks

alexalgebra

moochpb;37475 wrote: Where can I get it from?

Check out the links I posted earlier in this thread if you want to see what some of the common brands look like. They are usually located either with the coconut oil in the oils section or with the coconut milk in the Asian foods section, and occasionally near the nut butters.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hiata hernia and non acid reflux’ is closed to new replies.