Hi…new to forum but not new to Candida! Supplement advice please!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Hi…new to forum but not new to Candida! Supplement advice please!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

qunvat
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

Candida is not new to me…I’ve been toying with it for 25 or so years…

I’ve decided to give it a hammering again and wondered what people thought of ‘Candigest’? Or suitable alternatives??

In the past I’ve used Nystatin which gave me terrible die-off and TERRIBLE die-off is NOT an option! Am happy to feel a bit rubbish for a month or two but am a self employed musician and NOT working is NOT an option…I only wish it was.

I’ve been on the Grapefruit-seed extract for a while but its not really doing the trick.

I know how to handle the diet (NOT easy though AND am a veggie who has an intolerance to dairy)….

Will get on the raw garlic ASAP and am already taking Acidophilous.

Thanks all in advance.

Si

x

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello qunvat,

I think your mentality with how to defeat candida is not the best approach for healing from a debilitating illness.

Taking more antifungals will not cure any infection, all it does is kill candida. You simply cannot kill off all of the candida within the body; if you did you would die!

You need to change the environment within the body to make it inhospitable for candida to thrive. This requires quite a few changes that go beyond taking an enzyme product and antifungals.

Candigest looks like an OK enzyme product but it certainly will not cure your infestation as well as any antifungal. The single most important thing you need to cure your infestation is probiotics; taking one strain of probiotics is simply not good enough. We recommend a high strain high count probiotic that contains DDS-1 or human micro flora (HMF) which should be an upgrade over what you currently take.

The enzyme product you chose is one of the many of products out there that work in the same way. I take one called pro-gest which you likely will find to be superior to candigest. I can name over a dozen other enzyme products out there but I feel progest is one of the best. There is also another one I tried for awhile called zymex II by standard process. I believe this one is focused on treating the small intestine.

Additionally, it appears you are not doing anything to protect your liver and kidneys from die-off toxins which is very essential in order to get over this first stage of your treatment. If you have such debilitating die-off, you likely need to heal your liver and kidneys before starting an anti-candida treatment. A naturopath can do this or you can do it yourself; milk thistle is a great healing herb for the liver and there are many other ways to heal it as well.

A great antifungal I recommend over and over on the forum is SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne which should greatly reduce die-off and also change the environment within the intestines to make it less hospitable for candida to live.

What are your symptoms? What other supplements are you taking? What is your diet like?

-raster

qunvat

Hi Raster,

Thanks.

As an anti-fungal how / why would SF722 give me LESS die-off? (I’ve been thru die-off many times via Nystatin and at times Grapefruit-seed extract)….

I dont mind die-off but I’d need to manage it…going onstage to perform is not an option (with die-off),so I’d need to ease off the anti-fungal of choice a day or two before a concert.

Is progest available in the UK?? I take a quality Acidphilous at the moment but am very willing to upgrade it.

My diet is vegetarian and fairly good and have toyed with Candida diets for over 25 years so I know whats in front of me. I simply want to manage my symptoms / keep it at bay and not necessarily beat it for good as I know this is very very difficult, especially with the life of a self employed musician.

Current symptoms (I’ve had most over the years) are fatigue / low thyroid and adrenal function / hypoglycemia and panic attacks…I could go on, but you know the score!

I’ve had a positive test from the Genova Diagnostics a few weeks ago. This time the (I had one 4 years ago as well) gave a reading of 20.0 U/mL for Candida antibodies IgA but the IgG was normal. 4 years ago it was slightly out of range at 10.9 IgA

Supplements:

Magnesium
    Vit C
    Zinc
    Multi B
    Multi vit
    Selenium
    G-Seed extract
    Nutri Adrenal extra
    Acidophilous

I look forward to your informed reply! Am off travelling for the weekend…working not pleasure so will reply as soon as I can. I’m a professional drummer so I really do need to my energy levels up!

Many thanks, Si

raster
    Participant

SF722 seems to agree with most people better than other antifungals for some reason; it is a bit more gentle with the body. It still can cause bad die-off as well.

Here are some important posts to check out:

Probiotics:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

Die-off:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2981_DieOff-Without-Molybdenum.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

Detoxing:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4116_The-benefits-of-sweating-out-toxins-mineral-water-and-minerals.aspx

I would switch from grapefruit seed extract to SF722, get a better probiotic, and get liver support supplements such as super milk thistle and molybdenum.

We also developed this general plan to get better if you are interested in checking it out:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

qunvat

Thanks ever so much.

Will read all on Sunday / Monday when back from gigging…

Do you do this professionally or simply to help people??

Fabulous information!

Si

raster
    Participant

No, I am just here to help people and just want to share my knowledge; I’ve been on the forum here for close to 2 years and went from really horrible symptoms (thought I was going to die) to where I am now (basically symptom free). There’s a whole industry out there created and catered to treating candida and related health problems, you just need to know how to use it to your benefit for your symptoms.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hi…new to forum but not new to Candida! Supplement advice please!’ is closed to new replies.