Hi–new here!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hi–new here!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Momto3
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi, my name is Ruth and I’m happy to have found this little space for support!

I’ve had severe environmental allergies for the past 14 years. Around the summer of 2004, I went to an alternative medicine practitioner and tested positive for nearly every environmental sensitivity there was on his list.

My health started heading downward that summer.

I got married in 2005. When I was expecting my first child, I got a very severe skin rash, which persisted for months. It cleared up some after delivery, but there was still quite a bit going on with my skin. I was puffy and had dark circles under my eyes and retained some baby weight for a while, in addition to having depression and continued eczema.

I got pregnant with my 2nd child when my first child was 21 months old. This was in 2008. I experimented with dietary trials and soon realized that when I had gluten products, my old rash would try to come back.

My 2nd child was born in 2009 and a few months after his birth, after some consultation with my naturopath, I decided to go gluten free. In addition to talking to me about gluten free, she also checked me for candida and I had a whole bunch of different strains of it! (no real surprise, since I was on steroids for months when I had my severe skin problems!)

In a few months, though, I realized that I should probably get proper medical celiac tests and so I went back on gluten, since you have to be eating gluten to get accurate results. Within 10 days, I was hospitalized for a TIA (ministroke), which was the result of severe gluten induced headaches. I went back to my family doctor and asked him if he wanted to run any tests. He said, “No, just stay away from the gluten.”

That was February of 2010 and from that day on, I have been purely gluten free and have never had any reoccurence of those frightening symptoms.

But my environmental allergies have only gotten worse. What used to be primarily seasonal discomfort has progressed to year around continual torture. I know that in the past I haven’t done a proper candida cleanse (I tried, but failed) and so now, I’m committing to jump 100% on board with candida cleansing. For myself and for my family. (I have a 3rd child now who’s 20 months old)

I can’t keep on going feeling sick day in and day out and having a crashed immune system. (I literally got bronchitis 2 times in a 3 month period)

So as of October 20, I’ve been on a sugar free diet and have been taking Candida Support by NOW, as well as probiotics.

I’m having very strong die off symptoms. Quite a bit of gastrointestinal discomfort, as well as recent episodes of vomitting and vertigo.

I’m looking for support and the ability to chat with other people who are walking the same road, as a lot of people IRL don’t really get it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Ruth,

After going through all of this in the last 2 years, I have a feeling that you likely don’t have candida as your only problem. You likely have a general toxicity problem caused by candida and/or parasites or other bugs that have overgrown. When these live and die, they release toxins which generally make you feel bad.

This may have damaged your liver and/or kidneys and have caused you to not detox properly (which caused you to detox via the skin). If you don’t detox properly, the toxins will build up in the body.

When this happens your body might not be able to tolerate more toxins. So before you start out, I would do whatever you can to plan for a detox plan…if you don’t do the diet carefully you could overload your body again and cause harm.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Hi–new here!’ is closed to new replies.