Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie btw.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie btw.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dre123
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I’d like to say thanks and well done to Able900 and raster for providing us all with great information off their own backs – hard to find these day so thanks again 🙂

Also thanks to dvjorge and Thomas who I notice have also put in alot of effort for us all.

I’ve probably missed many names I should mention but to be honest I have only yet dabbled here and there with reading the forum.

Very briefly, I’ve been experienceing problems with my digestive system for around a year and a half. My problem started after I radically changed my diet due to a couple of other health concerns of mine – wish I hadn’t have done that now of course because it was only my skin and sinuses and definately wasn’t worth it – but hey, I made a mistake :-(.

Anyway, I understand that if I want help on the forum, I will have to elaborate alot in order to get the right advice and stuff but just for now as (although I’m around 75% sure my problem is Candida) I’m keeping an open mind on what exactly the problem is, I will just give you a small insight to my problem..

So I changed my diet. I was totally avoiding wheat and dairy and majorly cutting back on oils. Unfortunately, as a convenience factor I was eating mainly very processed chicken fillets and chips as my diet. I noticed the digetion problem around 3 months in to this diet. My main symptoms are:

*GAS after eating (this is by far my main symptom)
    *Bad stools (were very loose at first but now very greasy). Also, bleeding (bright red) when times are worse (after eating ‘bad things’ i.e sugary things).
    *Weight loss

I also have other symptoms relating to Candida and also just things that have changed in general that I noticed after the problem occured (i.e Memory loss, foot cramps).

Anyway, the thing for now is that I have obviously got hundreds of questions I could ask you guys and I’m sure that there are hundreds yu could ask me too. I have decided that I will take things step at a time, as long as I keep things moving, and I am not even very near to starting a Candida diet. I am very slim as it is and I can’t afford to go on a Candida cleanse/diet just to see until I am more like 90% sure that it is in fact Candida. To get there I guess I will keep researching and stuff and if you guys don’t mind, I may need to ask an odd/rare question here or there.

But anyway guy’s, my question just for now is..

Whatever my problem is, it seems that I am suffering with malnutrition (probably due to leaky gut and not the most varieddiet in the world). My nails are weak and peeling and people tell me that my face looks green :-S
    I feel that I have some vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Whilst I am in this stage of figuring out what is wrong and what I should do, do you think it would be a wise idea to get a nutritional blood test done so that I can see any deficiencies, and taylor my diet so that I can fill any gaps that may be present (I’m pretty sure there will be). My initial thought is that it would be good to do this now in case I have to go on the Candida diet and find it difficult to fit the vitamin/minerals in there. And also it would be ideal for me to target the specific requirements instead of eating a massive range of foods to try to correct things without knowing the vitmins/minerals because the consumption it would take would undoubtedly make my digestive problem worse etc, etc.

So I’m wondering if it sounds wise? My only concern is that, whatever the digestive problem is, would it be something (bad gut bacteria say) that is eating/stealing these specific vitamins/minerals from my system, meaning that if i was to increase the missing vitamins/minerals, I would only be feeding the problem further :-S ? I think I read somewhere that SIBO does this.

So my question is, do you think it’s a good idea as I dont want to develop further problems due to malnutrition? And is there any kind of problem lik I just mention when replacing lost vitmains/minerals if Candida (& leaky gut) is the root problem?

Sorry if i have gone on for such a small question but this whole ‘thing’ is just so broad. It’s hard.

Well, thanks for reading my post if you managed to get through it (lol) and any help/advice would be much appreciated.

P.S. the test I was considering is ‘NutrEval’ from Genova (GDX). It’s alot of money but if it would help then I would be happy to spend the money as I am worried about my nutrition and (again) would like to avoid further problems through malnutrition if possible.

Thanks again,

Dre

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Personally, I can’t be sure if I have candida either. The reason I’m happy to commit to this diet is because I know it’ll help just about any digestive problem (as far as diet can), as well as related issues like autoimmunity, inflammation and allergies. I have issues with all of these things, not to mention fatigue, irritable/dry skin and a host of other miscellaneous symptoms, that have pretty much put my life at a standstill because of the effect it all has on my ability to do my job.

I can’t be sure what’s wrong with me, but it’s become clear to me that health is the answer to my problems. I’d focused on one condition after another, each of which gives a narrow, isolated view of a part of the body. If you want true health, you need to treat the whole, and diet and exercise, like we’ve been told since we were kids, is the best way to do it. The only trouble is that we were never given any decent explanation of what “diet” actually means, unless you believe it’s sensible to count calories and cholesterol and consider pasta a health food!

The choice is up to you, but don’t assume this diet will only benefit candida sufferers. Judging from your post, I’d definitely see a doctor first if you haven’t already and get some serious testing done though!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi mate,
    welcome here in the gang. If I would be you I would definitely check out what my body is lacking in forms of vitamins and minerals. It looks too that you have it in your heart to do so and then its the right way to go my friend.
    Then I would have a good check up with the doctors concerning your rectal bleeding. Take it slowly but surely.

I don’t know how you live but I did some changes which benefited my health greatly in the last week. I only eat twice a day, the second meal is not later as 18.00 hours. In this way I give my intestines rest in the night. I do brisk walks every day now and go swimming twice a week finishing off with a sauna.

I was extremely sharp and clear on our diet here for two month but eased up a great deal now eating wild rice and oats and a fruit in the morning. I still take powerful probiotics, herbs and vitamins. I am nearly afraid to say that all my symptoms have stopped now for two days and I feel much better.

I too try to sleep more. I noticed that the sleeping before 24:00 hours holds great healing value for the guts. You should study which kind of food are working together. Foods which don’t fit together produce a lot of gas. Chew your food for a long time. With a leaky gut and problems in the digestion raw food is difficult to digest. Listen to your body and do all the check ups you can.

all the best and speedy healing!
    yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Quote: I feel that I have some vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Whilst I am in this stage of figuring out what is wrong and what I should do, do you think it would be a wise idea to get a nutritional blood test done so that I can see any deficiencies and taylor my diet so that I can fill any gaps that may be present I’m pretty sure there will be.

Reply: Sure, if you want to get a deficiency test it can’t hurt anything. But the diet and supplements we use here (from the forum) are meant to fill in any ‘gaps’ as far as missing nutrients are concerned.

Quote: My initial thought is that it would be good to do this now in case I have to go on the Candida diet and find it difficult to fit the vitamin/minerals in there.

Reply: It shouldn’t be difficult to fit any number of vitamins or minerals into the Candida diet since the diet is geared toward building a healthy body and not feeding the Candida. Plus, we recommend lots of vitamins and minerals as well as herbs on our protocol.

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Allowed Foods List:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

We’ll all be glad to help you with your questions as you continue.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing to consider is going to a good naturopathic doctor that will help you heal your other ailments as time goes along. For instance, you could experience a range of symptoms throughout the detox (from candida on the diet) and there could be a gamut of personal symptoms that will need to be addressed. Just a thought.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Dre123 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Firstly I’d like to say thanks and well done to Able900 and raster for providing us all with great information off their own backs – hard to find these day so thanks again 🙂

Also thanks to dvjorge and Thomas who I notice have also put in alot of effort for us all.

I’ve probably missed many names I should mention but to be honest I have only yet dabbled here and there with reading the forum.

Very briefly, I’ve been experienceing problems with my digestive system for around a year and a half. My problem started after I radically changed my diet due to a couple of other health concerns of mine – wish I hadn’t have done that now of course because it was only my skin and sinuses and definately wasn’t worth it – but hey, I made a mistake :-(.

Anyway, I understand that if I want help on the forum, I will have to elaborate alot in order to get the right advice and stuff but just for now as (although I’m around 75% sure my problem is Candida) I’m keeping an open mind on what exactly the problem is, I will just give you a small insight to my problem..

So I changed my diet. I was totally avoiding wheat and dairy and majorly cutting back on oils. Unfortunately, as a convenience factor I was eating mainly very processed chicken fillets and chips as my diet. I noticed the digetion problem around 3 months in to this diet. My main symptoms are:

*GAS after eating (this is by far my main symptom)
    *Bad stools (were very loose at first but now very greasy). Also, bleeding (bright red) when times are worse (after eating ‘bad things’ i.e sugary things).
    *Weight loss

I also have other symptoms relating to Candida and also just things that have changed in general that I noticed after the problem occured (i.e Memory loss, foot cramps).

Anyway, the thing for now is that I have obviously got hundreds of questions I could ask you guys and I’m sure that there are hundreds yu could ask me too. I have decided that I will take things step at a time, as long as I keep things moving, and I am not even very near to starting a Candida diet. I am very slim as it is and I can’t afford to go on a Candida cleanse/diet just to see until I am more like 90% sure that it is in fact Candida. To get there I guess I will keep researching and stuff and if you guys don’t mind, I may need to ask an odd/rare question here or there.

But anyway guy’s, my question just for now is..

Whatever my problem is, it seems that I am suffering with malnutrition (probably due to leaky gut and not the most varieddiet in the world). My nails are weak and peeling and people tell me that my face looks green :-S
    I feel that I have some vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Whilst I am in this stage of figuring out what is wrong and what I should do, do you think it would be a wise idea to get a nutritional blood test done so that I can see any deficiencies, and taylor my diet so that I can fill any gaps that may be present (I’m pretty sure there will be). My initial thought is that it would be good to do this now in case I have to go on the Candida diet and find it difficult to fit the vitamin/minerals in there. And also it would be ideal for me to target the specific requirements instead of eating a massive range of foods to try to correct things without knowing the vitmins/minerals because the consumption it would take would undoubtedly make my digestive problem worse etc, etc.

So I’m wondering if it sounds wise? My only concern is that, whatever the digestive problem is, would it be something (bad gut bacteria say) that is eating/stealing these specific vitamins/minerals from my system, meaning that if i was to increase the missing vitamins/minerals, I would only be feeding the problem further :-S ? I think I read somewhere that SIBO does this.

So my question is, do you think it’s a good idea as I dont want to develop further problems due to malnutrition? And is there any kind of problem lik I just mention when replacing lost vitmains/minerals if Candida (& leaky gut) is the root problem?

Sorry if i have gone on for such a small question but this whole ‘thing’ is just so broad. It’s hard.

Well, thanks for reading my post if you managed to get through it (lol) and any help/advice would be much appreciated.

P.S. the test I was considering is ‘NutrEval’ from Genova (GDX). It’s alot of money but if it would help then I would be happy to spend the money as I am worried about my nutrition and (again) would like to avoid further problems through malnutrition if possible.

Thanks again,

Dre

I would like to suggest you an antigliadin antibody in stool by Enterolab. I have read hundreds of reported symptoms by candida sufferers but blood in stool probably never. You need some medical tests to rule out Crohn, Ulcerative Colitis, etc. I don’t say candida isn’t implicated. ! If you can not pay the test, go gluten free for a month or two and watch your symptoms ! Many of the symptoms you report are very common with Celiac or gluten intolerance.
    http://candidapage.com/cccomp.shtml
    http://symptomchecker.about.com/od/Diagnoses/celiac-disease-nontropical-sprue.htm

Dre123

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thanks very much for your replies, help and advice – it is very much appreciated and has helped alot with my thoughts on the situation.

Just so that you know, I have been seeing a Gastroenterologist (on a few very rare occasions) from a while back now (maybe 10 months or so) via the NHS (UK government). To be honest, I have made no progress at all so far. On my first appointment he reffered me to the dietician. The dietician was baffled with some of my symptoms and said that I should get referred to the Gastro again and that he should have at least ran some tests to rule out certain conditions (as mentioned by dvjorge). So after a very long time I was referred back by my GP, to the Gastro. He suggested a Colonoscopy, which at the time I was happy with. During the time between that appointment and the procedure, I read various information relating to Candida and how a colonoscopy could possibly make things a lot worse if Candida or a related condition was the problem, and decided to cancel the procedure just a few days before.

I hope I made the right choice there? :-S

Anyway, he mentioned a stool test as being an alternative to the Colonoscopy (previously) but mentioned that it might not be 100% accurate/useful etc. So I took and submitted my stool sample at the beginning of this week. The test is fecal calprotectin, which from what I understand is to test for inflammation in the bowel. I have an appointment with the Gastro at the end of the month where I should recieve the results of this test.

Do you guys think the result of this test would help me determine wether or not Candida is the problem at all?

Also, I have decide that I would like to get the following tests from Genova (GDX):

*NutrEval
    *Comprehensive Stool Analysis

I would need to get referred by a practitioner so I will be looking into this and arranging things to get these tests done as soon as possible.

Ok, so recently my symptoms have gotton worse, which is why I am now trying to be active in hopefully finding a diagnosis and plan of acton. It was Christmas that did it. I knew that I wanted to start being a lot more active (generally) in trying to resolve the problem from the beginning of this year so I (regrettably) allowed myself to ‘indulge’ over the Christmas period as a last “treat”.

During that period (after a couple of days of eating ‘bad stuff’ [chocolate etc.]), I began to feel quite sick. After getting back to my usual (‘these days’) diet I felt pretty ok again. But just these last few days I’ve got that same feeling again and I haven’t been on the bad stuff :-(. I guess that Christmas period has taken my problem to the next level, which is obviously a shame (I won’t be doing that again!).

Also, I never told you guys before, but a while back (maybe 4 months or so), I had a bit of a bad period after a day of eating a bit more bread than usual and my symptoms got a lot worse on that day and for a few days after. I could feel and taste the problem in my mouth and also my anus was swollen and itchy (gross/disgusting I know). Around this period, I think maybe a week or so later, I also had a random itching on the base of my penis (sorry about the detail), which lasted around 5 seconds only. Anyway, after say a week or two, I noticed red itchy spots right where the itching had occurred. These are big reasons why I strongly suspect Candida, if this at all makes sense and is relevant to Candida anyway (I’m no expert – clearly lol). Anyway.. I ended up going to a sexual health clinic hoping to get a yeast swab taken to see if Candida might be the problem. I knew that no matter what, I wanted to get the swab done just to see. But of course the nurse insisted that the problem was not yeast and that he was 99.9% sure that is was a fairly common skin condition, which he proceeded to blast with that freezing stuff (lol).

I guess the freezing stuff did clear the spots quite a bit but not 100% and personally, I still suspect yeast but I can’t be sure at all.

But what I’m trying to get at is that just the other day (probably due to my worsening of symptoms), I randomly got a red and itchy belly button. This reminded me of my penis problem (mainly the itching I guess) but there were no spots. As it stands (fingers crossed), the belly button problem has cleared.

I stongly feel that both of these problems were related to my digestive problem (I never used to get random problems like that and I just feel inside that it is down to this root digestive problem), especially due to the timing/pattern of my syptoms worsening.

So guys, if/when you get a spare moment.. Do you think these problems indicate Candida? It’s horrible how (it seems) these random issues can be related to a digestive problem :-(.

Thanks again for your help and support last time guys – hope you are all doing well. It was nice to feel so welcomed also – so thank you.

Able900
    Spectator

Actually bleeding can occur with a Candida albicans infestation if it’s been around long enough and has caused the intestinal walls to become very thin. Also the symptoms you described sound like Candida symptoms, not ruling out another problem of course.

Starting the protocol we have on the forum certainly won’t hurt you since it’s simply a healthy diet, and if your symptoms become those of die-off, then you can assume it is Candida.

Swedish Bitters produce enzymes which help to heal the intestinal lining by allowing the immune system to rebuild the intestinal wall of the intestines. Enzymes produced naturally this way can also clean the intestinal lining of putrefied wastes which allows the beneficial bacteria to re-establish their colonies on the walls of the intestines.

Able

raster
    Participant

Hello Able,

Please talk about the bleeding symptom again and what it means. I used to experience “bloody” stools where it was just a few drops of blood. I experienced this for years and it pretty much has gone away over the last few months.

-Raster

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Raster,

Did you have any tests to rule out other issues that could be causing the blood. That sounds serious. 🙁

Able, does this go along with the leaky gut?

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Kirsty;

Think about the medical term of leaky gut syndrome; the official name is Increased Intestinal Permeability. Permeability is defined as “capable of being permeated” and permeated means “to penetrate and pass through.” Now imagine your intestines being permeated because of leaky gut syndrome; you can see how easily this could cause intestinal bleeding if left untreated and becomes severe enough.

Raster, you’ve mentioned that you had leaky gut syndrome, so if you used to see the bloody spots and now you’re experiencing no blood, this is a sign that you are doing a good job of healing the syndrome as well as the infestation. So congratulations on that accomplishment.

Able

Dre123

Thanks for the info Able – your help is much appreciated.

raster
    Participant

Thanks able…yes I used to notice it daily. I didn’t know it was related to leaky gut at all. It must’ve been pretty bad…

But now I don’t get it at all and if it does return, then does it mean I have bad leaky gut again?

-raster

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: Thanks able…yes I used to notice it daily. I didn’t know it was related to leaky gut at all. It must’ve been pretty bad… But now I don’t get it at all and if it does return, then does it mean I have bad leaky gut again?

Raster, as you know there are many things that can cause a person to pass blood.

However, “if” your Candida infestation comes back, “and” you experience blood in the stool, then it’s a safe bet that it’s being caused by the leaky gut syndrome again. But – if you plan on living a healthy style from now on and not going back to your old diet, then you don’t need to even think about all of that again.

Able

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hi Everyone. I'm a newbie btw.’ is closed to new replies.