Herxeimer reaction from Chicken Broth? Even Possible?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Herxeimer reaction from Chicken Broth? Even Possible?!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  1533jd 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #100446

    1533jd
    Member
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

    Yesterday I decided to trial start the GAPS diet which involves stage 1 of drinking broth. I had enough chicken bones to make enough broth for about 2 cups. I decided to have one cup so I could measure the effects. I woke up this morning feeling absolutely terrible. Chronic headache, earache, severe weakness, irritability and just incomprehensibly bad brain fog. How could this be?

    To me it feels like the Herxeimer effect, I’ve not had any chronic headaches or earaches since starting this diet..

    Would appreciate the help.

    FYI: I have leaky gut, SIBO, Candida, Organophosphate and mercury poisoning.

    JD

    #100463

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    1533jd;38949 wrote: Yesterday I decided to trial start the GAPS diet which involves stage 1 of drinking broth. I had enough chicken bones to make enough broth for about 2 cups. I decided to have one cup so I could measure the effects. I woke up this morning feeling absolutely terrible. Chronic headache, earache, severe weakness, irritability and just incomprehensibly bad brain fog. How could this be?

    Hello, JD.

    You didn’t say whether or not you ate anything else at all during the day, so I’ll assume that the chicken broth is all you had all day long since you didn’t mention any other foods.

    If this is the case, you basically starved enough of the Candida to cause some pretty severe die-off symptoms. Are you taking any supplements such as Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate to lessen the die-off toxins in your body?

    So as you see, the chicken broth didn’t cause the die-off, but rather a lack of the types of food that the Candida can eat.

    Able

    #100476

    1533jd
    Member
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

    Thanks for the response able. Yesterday I ate a duck leg,, pousson (small chicken), zucchini and before I went to bed a cupful of chicken broth. I did nothing different to my average day apart from adding chicken broth. I have not had die off like that in over a month and this was when I would call it going a bit over the top on dosage of my antifungals!

    One thing I’m doing is slightly undereating but I have done that on various occasions and never had such die off reactions, not even distinctly close.

    I am taking molybdenum amino acid chelate – 2-3 a day.

    What could it be?!

    Thanks
    JD

    #100477

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    1533jd;38979 wrote: Thanks for the response able. Yesterday I ate a duck leg,, pousson (small chicken), zucchini and before I went to bed a cupful of chicken broth. I did nothing different to my average day apart from adding chicken broth. I have not had die off like that in over a month and this was when I would call it going a bit over the top on dosage of my antifungals!

    One thing I’m doing is slightly undereating but I have done that on various occasions and never had such die off reactions, not even distinctly close.

    I am taking molybdenum amino acid chelate – 2-3 a day.

    What could it be?!

    Thanks
    JD

    Was it organic chicken?

    #100480

    1533jd
    Member
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

    Hi Cheesey. Not sure. Would non organic chicken really have that sort of effect on my body? I guess over time the chemicals in non organic chicken could effect you but not actually cause severe die off from one cupful…surely?!

    Thanks
    JD

    #100491

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Yesterday I ate a duck leg, pousson (small chicken), zucchini and before I went to bed a cupful of chicken broth.

    Was this your entire diet for the day? Did you put any herbs or vegetables in the chicken broth?

    #100494

    1533jd
    Member
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

    Yes it was. Dont know why but it was easier to say i made it, in fact my neighbour made it. Ha.

    She used 4.5 litres of water, 2 carrots, 1 onion, chive, S&P, parsley, 2 tblspoons of ACV, 2 whole chicken carcousses, 3 chicken feet and bits and bobs of chicken.
    I think she used organic chicken carcousses and a couple of non organic chicken legs and things

    JD

    #100495

    ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

    1533jd;38983 wrote: Hi Cheesey. Not sure. Would non organic chicken really have that sort of effect on my body? I guess over time the chemicals in non organic chicken could effect you but not actually cause severe die off from one cupful…surely?!

    Thanks
    JD

    I made a batch of inorganic beef broth the other day and experienced an acne breakout and pretty bad intestinal pain the next day, so yes, inorganic can really make a big difference. I’m not sure if they were given antibiotics or hormones, but I do know that the cows were partially grain-fed. I should also note that I previously made broth from organic, grass-fed bones and had only a positive reaction (hands/feet felt very warm afterwards; are normally cold regardless of room temperature).

    I should also tell you that I did experience SEVERE die-off after I quit eating inorganic chicken meat several times a day. It was only after taking molybdenum that my die-off symptoms reduced considerably. Here’s the post Able made: boneshttp://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6561_Animal-Meat–Die-off.aspx

    #100502

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    1533jd;38997 wrote: 2 carrots …. non organic chicken legs and things

    There’s your problem, Jd. You didn’t experience the Herxheimer reaction, you were experiencing Candida symptoms. I’ve posted before that the symptoms largely overlap, so sometimes you have to dissect your day to figure out which it is.

    You fed the Candida sugar (carrots = starch = sugar), plus you added antibiotics to the mix because the chicken wasn’t organic. The antibiotics, even from animal meat, have a detrimental effect on your infestation. All of this together is enough to stir the Candida up, which equals Candida symptoms.
    Were the duck and chicken that you prepared yourself organic? If not, this just added to your problem.

    Are carrots on the GAPS diet? If so, you should take a second look at the diet for other hidden potential dangers.

    Able

    #100524

    1533jd
    Member
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

    Wow, thankyou both Thomas and Able for that. I really did not quite understand the extent to which how much I was being affected by the contaminants in these meats. I’ve been constantly eating non organic meats, and now assume that must be what has been setting me back continuously…could this be a possibility? Anyway 2 carrots in 4.5 litres is tiny and I don’t think would affect me very much. I wont add carrots next time.

    Thanks
    JD

    #100658

    DrewsMama
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

    This is more of a question than a reply… 1533jd, I see you are from London. I am new to Europe. I have read and been told that treating live stock with antibiotics was banned in Europe nations that are part of the EU. Is this not true? Or is London not part of the EU?

    Thank you for any info. It is not easy having food intolerances in a new country… especially when I barely speak the native language.

    #100664

    1533jd
    Member
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

    London is part of the EU. Im terribly sorry but I don’t know anything about whether they are still fed with antibiotics or not, I was told that it still was the case, so I naturally just went along with it. I think if its not antibiotics then it would definetely be some sort of Hormone stimulator or something which would upset the infestation.

    JD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Herxeimer reaction from Chicken Broth? Even Possible?!’ is closed to new replies.