Herbal Tea for Leaky Gut

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Herbal Tea for Leaky Gut

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I was digging around in my tea basket this morning, and discovered some medicinal tea an herbalist friend made for me in September. I’d developed a duodenal ulcer after a weekend of extreme NSAID use (worst menstrual cramps in 10 years + shitty spa that wouldn’t let me cancel any of my massages = burnt a hole through my intestines), and after discovering after a few days that that’s what it was, I started drinking this tea. Along with fresh aloe gel from my plants and chia seeds every day, I healed the ulcer in less than a week. I talked to the herbalist again this morning, and she said it should be helpful for leaky gut, too (though presumably not on the same timeline).

Here’s what’s in it:
    2 parts chamomile (flowers)
    2 parts calendula (petals)
    1 part licorice (root)
    1 part marshmallow (root, presumably)

Instructions:
    Steep 1 tablespoon per 8oz for at least one hour. Drink 1/2 cup between meals 2-4x/day.

Everything I’ve read seems to support this combination of herbs as being beneficial. If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, I would be interested to know.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is one that is very similar to this in its ingredients and its called throat coat tea. I feel throat coat tea is likely more effective personally. Your tea has more liver herbs in it than the throat coat.

-raster

shayfo

Thanks for your input. Throat Coat is available at the store, for when I don’t have time to barter.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i’ve heard a few holistic digestive dr’s say chia seeds are bad for leaky gut. I myself had a problem with flax seed.

shayfo

Did they say why? I think chia is recommended for the forum’s cleanse because they’re so mucilaginous that they don’t have any sharp edges contacting the intestinal wall.

I’ve been eating flaxmeal a few times a week with no problems, but then, I don’t think my leaky gut is as bad as some. I only have one definite food allergy that I’m aware of.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

shayfo;40315 wrote: Did they say why? I think chia is recommended for the forum’s cleanse because they’re so mucilaginous that they don’t have any sharp edges contacting the intestinal wall.

I’ve been eating flaxmeal a few times a week with no problems, but then, I don’t think my leaky gut is as bad as some. I only have one definite food allergy that I’m aware of.

I read it on the fix your digestion fb blog, I did a quick search but couldn’t find it.

If you not reacting to it your prob ok. Once I took flax seed out my diet I felt a whole lot better, but thats not to say it wouldn’t work for someone else.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have eaten chia and flax seeds, both with no problems, and I have severe leaky gut.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I haven’t tried chia seeds. I have tried flaxseed here and there, and put in recipes. I am not sure; sometimes I think I am okay with it and other times not. Does anyone on this forum use acacia fiber? I have some, but I have never used it that often. I did last year a little bit, but of course, I was reacting to everything! I have yet to try it this year. ??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Herbal Tea for Leaky Gut’ is closed to new replies.